#401 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

usually I'm not a fan of restoring apps via TiBu (just data). but that's what I had to do. another issue was that many apps needed to be updated anyway, so the restoration didn't really save any time.

anyhow, I just set all of those apps to update, plugged in my phone and went to bed. when I awoke, they finally went through and updated just fine. I then got a notification for 2 more app updates, and those updated real quick this morning. so I'm sure the issue was on my end and has zero to do with this ROM.

anyhow, I noticed that the latest version of the AOKP ROM is 6/29 (same deal for the kernel too - is that N36ish?).

Hmm... That's a good question... I don't remember exactly...

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#402 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

noticed this issue on the Unicorn AOKP - is there a way to turn off LED when the battery is charging?  didn't see it under ROM Control -> LED or Display.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#403 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

noticed this issue on the Unicorn AOKP - is there a way to turn off LED when the battery is charging?  didn't see it under ROM Control -> LED or Display.

AOKP has a little bit different LED control than CM or the others.  In the LED settings, there is an option that says "default" and you can also choose LED for just about any other app or function on the phone.  I didn't try it, but I wonder if you can delete the "default" in the menu and this would get rid of the battery charging indication. 

edit: Dirty flashed your Slim and GAPPs, all's good.  

R. Long: Pixel 5

#404 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

AOKP has a little bit different LED control than CM or the others. In the LED settings, there is an option that says "default" and you can also choose LED for just about any other app or function on the phone. I didn't try it, but I wonder if you can delete the "default" in the menu and this would get rid of the battery charging indication.

edit: Dirty flashed your Slim and GAPPs, all's good.

Glad it worked on a dirty flash... It appears as though slim does not work on a clean flash... I never get the setup screen and I don't have a play store.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#405 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Glad it worked on a dirty flash... It appears as though slim does not work on a clean flash... I never get the setup screen and I don't have a play store.

That's weird.  Try using the AIO package from Slim, instead, and see if that changes anything. 

In all honesty, this Slim is running better than Spadez's.  CRT screen off works correctly, status bar info displays on pie, and other little stuff is working better.  I think Marx incorporated the Qcom code better. 

• tjbain, timpohladthomas and jco23 like this

#406 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

That's weird. Try using the AIO package from Slim, instead, and see if that changes anything.

In all honesty, this Slim is running better than Spadez's. CRT screen off works correctly, status bar info displays on pie, and other little stuff is working better. I think Marx incorporated the Qcom code better.

I believe it... Marxman3 does awesome work... He is very thorough. As far as the Gapps are concerned... I assumed it was because he had made some edits and something didn't agree.
  • neckchop, RikRong and jco23 like this

PDbEXCr.png

#407 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I had no issue with the Gapps, but the safe bet are the stock Gapps from here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The AOKP kernel would be an old one. I'll post a build I have from 7/9 shortly.

Slim was not an easy build, but I have been very pleased with the outcome. Loving me some SlimBean!!!!

• tjbain, timpohladthomas and jco23 like this

#408 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Updated OP with newer AOKP build for up to date vanquish source.

• jco23 likes this

#409 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

Updated OP with newer AOKP build for up to date vanquish source.

I'm not so sure I want to update.... battery life is incredible thus far (hoping not to jinx it).  after 8 hours, still 71% left (just over an hour of on-screen time). little to no lag, everything seems to work....

• marxman3 likes this

#410 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

I had to wait a couple hours in a terrible airport for a flight delay so I used my unlimited data (yes hotspot works on Slim) to sync the latest commits and compile a new Slim base.

I HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET! I am literally boarding the plane as I type, but figured I'd post as the flight is over 5 hours so why should everyone have to wait for me to leave the worst state in the US......Everyone died at the Alamo you fools!!!!! HA!

It's in the OP

I also put a link there for the Slim site. They have regular Gapps and Aroma options.

• timpohladthomas, RikRong and jco23 like this

#411 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I had to wait a couple hours in a terrible airport for a flight delay so I used my unlimited data (yes hotspot works on Slim) to sync the latest commits and compile a new Slim base.

I HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET! I am literally boarding the plane as I type, but figured I'd post as the flight is over 5 hours so why should everyone have to wait for me to leave the worst state in the US......Everyone died at the Alamo you fools!!!!! HA!

It's in the OP

I also put a link there for the Slim site. They have regular Gapps and Aroma options.

Awesome job dude... now that's devotion!

PDbEXCr.png

#412 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

awesome battery life:

Screenshot_2013-07-12-09-04-15.png

edit: only tweaks I made were to the build.prop file: changed the lockscreen rotation to false and wifi supplement scan interval from 30 to 1800.

#413 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

timpohladthomas, on 12 Jul 2013 - 6:38 PM, said:

Awesome job dude... now that's devotion!

Yep, definitely devotion. I'll be flashing when I get home.

Also, I (we) really appreciate you lining up Slim with the weeklies. Thanks again.
  • marxman3 likes this

#414 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

The new build works.

It's literally 60 degrees cooler where I just landed from where I left!!!! It's nice to go out on the summer for a change!

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#415 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

It won't let me edit my previous post. I was off with my math. It's only 50 fees cooler in Boston than Phoenix.......

#416 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

So I heard these CM related roms are supposed to be better, more stable or whatever than the versions on xda-developers. I decided to download Mark's CM10.1 ande the GAPPs file associated with it and give it a try.

First of all, the file names were not very helpful in knowing which was which. Real names would be appreciated in the future. I figured it out though. EDIT: OK, that's possibly the problem. I was downloading the files from my phone. I was getting file names like 0B9GWtGtMqaRQX1FDZUJYX3NxU3M.zip. Now they are downloading with actual readable names.

On boot, almost immediately, I get an error that Play has encountered an error and must close. If I ignore this and let everything download and install as normal, I get random fcs on different apps. If I get an email or a text message, it triggers an fc. Sometimes I can get an app to run if I launch it a second time; most often, it just fcs again and again.

I did the correct wipe everything multiple times, and I re-downloaded the rom and gapps. If I don't install gapps, I get none of those errors but of course I can't do anything with the phone either. If I use the generic gapps, the same thing happens with the fc errors.

EDIT: I got the same results even with the new files I downloaded to my PC.

Do you have any suggestions on what else I can try? Thanks!

#417 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

So I heard these CM related roms are supposed to be better, more stable or whatever than the versions on xda-developers. I decided to download Mark's CM10.1 ande the GAPPs file associated with it and give it a try.

First of all, the file names were not very helpful in knowing which was which. Real names would be appreciated in the future. I figured it out though. EDIT: OK, that's possibly the problem. I was downloading the files from my phone. I was getting file names like 0B9GWtGtMqaRQX1FDZUJYX3NxU3M.zip. Now they are downloading with actual readable names.

On boot, almost immediately, I get an error that Play has encountered an error and must close. If I ignore this and let everything download and install as normal, I get random fcs on different apps. If I get an email or a text message, it triggers an fc. Sometimes I can get an app to run if I launch it a second time; most often, it just fcs again and again.

I did the correct wipe everything multiple times, and I re-downloaded the rom and gapps. If I don't install gapps, I get none of those errors but of course I can't do anything with the phone either. If I use the generic gapps, the same thing happens with the fc errors.

EDIT: I got the same results even with the new files I downloaded to my PC.

Do you have any suggestions on what else I can try? Thanks!

Slim bean.

Everything I posted worked for me when tested so not sure what help I can be beyond what I'd already here.

My feeling is AOKP and Slim are superior base builds. Just my opinion though.

If you are set on Cm10.1 you might want to consider a nightly. CM isn't on my list of things I'm looking at spending time on right now.

• RikRong and jco23 like this

#418 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Aokp is awesome I found my favorite ROM.. Thank you :-)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• jco23 likes this

#419 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Slim bean.

Everything I posted worked for me when tested so not sure what help I can be beyond what I'd already here.

My feeling is AOKP and Slim are superior base builds. Just my opinion though.

If you are set on Cm10.1 you might want to consider a nightly. CM isn't on my list of things I'm looking at spending time on right now.

Yeah, I decided to try AOKP. It's running fine with no errors. I'm just not a big fan of AOKP. Maybe I'll try Slimbean next.

#420 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Any1 have any boot screens? I loved axioms with the numbers

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users