RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

Honestly, I'm confused...it's more complicated then my old droid 1

Stock based ROMs don't have a mount script built in.  You'll need to choose the "mount system" option in SafeStrap, after doing your wipes and prior to flashing.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#922 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

To answer your question, you should be able to flash this on a locked BL, with SafeStrap.

rarely is RikRong wrong (despite his name and being a Cardinals' fan).

however, I'm fairly certain the file posted in the OP is flashable via TWRP/CWM only - meaning that the bootloader must be unlocked.  I think it requires a slightly different file to install via SS vs. TWRP/CWM.

so while this ROM maybe installable via SS, you may need the dev to create a separate file to do that.

but I could be wrong....

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#923 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

rarely is RikRong wrong (despite his name and being a Cardinals' fan).

however, I'm fairly certain the file posted in the OP is flashable via TWRP/CWM only - meaning that the bootloader must be unlocked. I think it requires a slightly different file to install via SS vs. TWRP/CWM.

so while this ROM maybe installable via SS, you may need the dev to create a separate file to do that.

but I could be wrong....

Hey, a Cards fan can never be wrong. ;)

However, you may be right. I thought I remember reading that people have flashed this with SS, but it may have been the previous version.

#924 Caleb

Caleb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Stock based ROMs don't have a mount script built in.  You'll need to choose the "mount system" option in SafeStrap, after doing your wipes and prior to flashing.

do you flash via RSD lite like the droid 1 or do you copy the zip file to the external SD card?

#925 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

do you flash via RSD lite like the droid 1 or do you copy the zip file to the external SD card?

Copy to external SD.  Heck, on my OG Droid, I still copy to the SD and just change the name to get it to flash. 

#926 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

I did exactly as the OP said. In that order and this ROM says Failed to install. What's up? :( I'm on a locked 98.18.78 RAZR M running Safestrap

#927 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

I have not changed anything in terms of the method for flashing this rom since my days on safestrap, so all should be working in safestrap. What slot are you installing to?

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#928 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

I have not changed anything in terms of the method for flashing this rom since my days on safestrap, so all should be working in safestrap.What slot are you installing to?

ROM Slot 1

#929 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

I did exactly as the OP said. In that order and this ROM says Failed to install. What's up? :( I'm on a locked 98.18.78 RAZR M running Safestrap

Did you reboot recovery and then mount system? Also, some of ROMs will report a fail on install, but if you reboot, the install actually did work. IIRC, Eclipse was like this.

#930 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

Did you reboot recovery and then mount system? Also, some of ROMs will report a fail on install, but if you reboot, the install actually did work. IIRC, Eclipse was like this.

Yea I rebooted and then mounted again. When I mount do I check the boxes until they read unmount next to them and click the Mount USB Storage? If so then yes I did that. I'll try it again and reboot to see if it still works.

#931 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Just mount system, and leave it checked.

#932 supercolin

supercolin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Verizon RAZR M

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

I am having some serious data and wifi drop issues with this rom, has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions? I am locked on stock kernel.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#933 ANDROIDRAZRM

ANDROIDRAZRM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

This was actually one of the best roms I had used as far as signal strength is concerned. Are you on the 78p baseband? It couldn't hurt to try a different kernel, either.

#934 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

This was actually one of the best roms I had used as far as signal strength is concerned. Are you on the 78p baseband? It couldn't hurt to try a different kernel, either.

He won't be able to change the kernel, if his bootloader is locked.  However, when I did run this, my bootloader was unlocked, but I didn't have issues with dropping data or WiFi.  You might want to try re-flashing.  

#935 Caleb

Caleb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

So, I'm running this ROM and my 3g/4g doesn't work

#936 ANDROIDRAZRM

ANDROIDRAZRM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Did you mount everything before flashing? What baseband are you running?

#937 Caleb

Caleb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Did you mount everything before flashing? What baseband are you running?

Thought I mounted everything, not sure what baseband. How do I find out?

#938 Caleb

Caleb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

Ok...got the 3g/4g to work, but now I cannot send group message...well I can but any text i put in the group message or pictures even, won't send. And to add to that, I get individual texts from people I send group messages to instead of receiving them in group messages. It works on stock ROM, but not in deadpool...

...any fix to this?

#939 brianjamiel747180

brianjamiel747180

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Locationkent
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Ok...got the 3g/4g to work, but now I cannot send group message...well I can but any text i put in the group message or pictures even, won't send. And to add to that, I get individual texts from people I send group messages to instead of receiving them in group messages. It works on stock ROM, but not in deadpool...

...any fix to this?

you got further then me when i flashed this i got a black screen i am unlocked and i flashed the gapps package didn't get anywhere with this ROM but now my boot logo is dead calms skull for some reason where it would show the Motorola M kicker is im not even running the ROM im running liquid smooth i have liquid smooths boot animation that it goes through but before that its dead calms boot logo ive wiped it idk how many times and still the same logo so idk what happened 

61ZM(0)

#940 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

you got further then me when i flashed this i got a black screen i am unlocked and i flashed the gapps package didn't get anywhere with this ROM but now my boot logo is dead calms skull for some reason where it would show the Motorola M kicker is im not even running the ROM im running liquid smooth i have liquid smooths boot animation that it goes through but before that its dead calms boot logo ive wiped it idk how many times and still the same logo so idk what happened 

The "dead clam head fix" is many posts back & @ xda. Lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RAZR M, ROM, STOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users