#1 darkwing1134

darkwing1134

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr M xt907

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

hello fellas, new to the site. and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is brian and I came onto this site looking for answers to rooting my droid razr and sadly i didnt find what i needed... But, I have spent countless hours in one night trying to root the darn thing and once the sun rose, i finally got my razr rooted with some specific tools. so here is what I did to root my Motorola droid razr M with the 4.4.2 android version. 

1. I downloaded an exploiting program called peroxide, which looked like either motofail2go, motochopper, and motopocalypse but somehow functioned verses the other programs (trust me, I dug for hours trying these programs to work but no dice) 

2. Once I downloaded peroxide, I ran the run.bat file and verses all the others stated in 1., It did the job I needed it to do to begin with. (before starting peroxide, I first downloaded towelroot from the site on the droid ((its an apk, and you have to put USB debugging on in developer settings and set mock locations as well along with checking the unknown resources to allow your phone to install towelroot.)

3. Once peroxide restarted my phone, it instructed me to open towelroot, which I hit the makeitra1n button (only button it comes with) and again, peroxide continued its job and restarted my phone again (it restarted my phone quite a bit)

4. After my phone restarted a few times overall, peroxide then told me my phone has been rooted and installed superuserSU.apk and that I can unplug the phone from the wire that was connected to the laptop. I then tested the phone to see if it was rooted and sure enough it worked. I tested it by installing app2sd and tried sending apps to my sd card and it worked.

Hope this was helpful. I spent well over 5 hours of research and web surfing to find what would work for this phone with this android version and hopefully this guide was what ya'll were looking for so that you dont have to step in my shoes and go the long way.

• Mine6463 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motorola, droid, razr M, xt907, version 4.4.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users