168 replies to this topic

#141 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Just received my MAXX today... I was really nice to the rep that called me... conversation was basically I asked for a 4g phone with the best battery life when I upgraded in January, sales rep told me the RAZR was the best, that it would last more than a day on a full charge.... told customer rep that I was lucky if I could get through a workday without it dying a few hours before I left work, unless I shut it off (which he understood why carry a phone you have to have turned off) I told him I have a portable charger, but there was no way to have it plugged in and in my holster at same time, making me leave the phone somewhere to charge and susceptible to theft... I told him I looked online at different options for battery saving, that they prolonged it slightly, but not enough to last through the day.... told him I even turned the 4g off on my 4g phone... I said the longest I could get was 6 hrs on a full charge (I might've exaggerated a little) He asked why I filed the complaint and I said that I just didn't want anyone to go through what I did and have to live with a charger in their pocket. He was really understanding and said that for this one time he can send me a MAXX as a remedy for my problem.

So here I am holding my newly refurbished MAXX... already have ICS leak .79 on it and loving it... was worried it would be way thicker, but it still feels comfortable in my hands. Unfortunately I have to router my wood dock I made to allow for the little extra thickness of my MAXX, but that's a problem I don't mind having :D

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#142 Geezio

Geezio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:gsmtz7r
  • Google+:gsmtz74@gmail.com
  • LocationAngleton Texas

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

OK so I did receive a call from Verizon about my FCC complaint and she said I was one of the most pleasant people she spoke to and without hesitation she offered me the MAXX ..which will be delivered to me today she also" informed " me this morning that "ICS" will be pushed out this weekend it was a question I had asked her last week..her name is Karen M. She was great and easy to speak to! Excited to get my RAZR MAXX today ..wooohooo!!:lol:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#143 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

OK so I did receive a call from Verizon about my FCC complaint and she said I was one of the most pleasant people she spoke to and without hesitation she offered me the MAXX ..which will be delivered to me today she also" informed " me this morning that "ICS" will be pushed out this weekend it was a question I had asked her last week..her name is Karen M. She was great and easy to speak to! Excited to get my RAZR MAXX today ..wooohooo!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Glad for u..
Little doubtful on ICS.
Hope so.

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#144 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Well I was surprised to get a call from Verizon about complaint. Basically I told him my experience with battery life on razr and ended up with a Gnex in the end. He asked how battery was on it and told him not much better but I can at least swap batteries, lol.

In the end I was able to buy a new razr Max at the discounted price with new two year agreement and still keep unlimited data. He also gave me a discount on some accessories. I also had an upgrade due for wife's line and upgraded her to a Max as well and she is very happy with new phone. In all I paid over $600 for both phones and accessories. I'm happy to be getting a razr Max and still get to keep the gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • joeyx2 likes this

#145 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Well I was surprised to get a call from Verizon about complaint. Basically I told him my experience with battery life on razr and ended up with a Gnex in the end. He asked how battery was on it and told him not much better but I can at least swap batteries, lol.

In the end I was able to buy a new razr Max at the discounted price with new two year agreement and still keep unlimited data. He also gave me a discount on some accessories. I also had an upgrade due for wife's line and upgraded her to a Max as well and she is very happy with new phone. In all I paid over $600 for both phones and accessories. I'm happy to be getting a razr Max and still get to keep the gnex.

So we will see more Wulf themes?????????

I on the other hand had a rather "interesting" experience yesterday with Katie from public relations. This woman is obviously not qualified to work for Verizon. After talking to her for about an hour and a half, yes an hour and a half. Going through every single setting on my phone, she then proceeded to try to tell me that it could possibly be my gmail account, restoring bad settings on the phone, that is causing my battery to drain at a rate of 10-15% every hour. WTF??? So she actually suggested I sign in with a different gmail account, then call her back in 3 days and let her know if it changed or not. -_-

Needless to say, I know what I'll be telling her when I call back.

#146 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

I on the other hand had a rather "interesting" experience yesterday with Katie from public relations. This woman is obviously not qualified to work for Verizon. After talking to her for about an hour and a half, yes an hour and a half. Going through every single setting on my phone, she then proceeded to try to tell me that it could possibly be my gmail account, restoring bad settings on the phone, that is causing my battery to drain at a rate of 10-15% every hour. WTF??? So she actually suggested I sign in with a different gmail account, then call her back in 3 days and let her know if it changed or not.

Maybe, lol.;)

That's a new one. I did have a rep tell me once that leaving 4g on all the time helps battery life, lol.

#147 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

This isn't quite on topic buuuut. I should be trading my razr for a week old galaxy nexus tomorrow if all goes well. I really like my razr though. Depending on how my experience goes I might trade the gnex for a maxx lol.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#148 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I on the other hand had a rather "interesting" experience yesterday with Katie from public relations. This woman is obviously not qualified to work for Verizon. After talking to her for about an hour and a half, yes an hour and a half. Going through every single setting on my phone, she then proceeded to try to tell me that it could possibly be my gmail account, restoring bad settings on the phone, that is causing my battery to drain at a rate of 10-15% every hour. WTF??? So she actually suggested I sign in with a different gmail account, then call her back in 3 days and let her know if it changed or not. -_-

Hicks, you just have terrible luck with Vzw reps lol... Good luck. She's an idiot hands down.

Maybe, lol. ;)

That's a new one. I did have a rep tell me once that leaving 4g on all the time helps battery life, lol.

This guys is an idiot too.

#149 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

I had a voicemail from Katie and I tried calling back but she doesn't answer.... I will know what to say though now! Haha I'm ready for this

a what? an android? whats that?

#150 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I had a voicemail from Katie and I tried calling back but she doesn't answer.... I will know what to say though now! Haha I'm ready for this

Yeah make sure you tell her that you tried multiple google accounts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#151 AngelRyux

AngelRyux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Gonna try this when razr hd comes out. I'll complain about how the razr processor too slow and the camera sucks and how the screen isn't hd lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
  • STiK likes this

#152 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Oh gosh don't push your luck lol and....

It took two weeks of calling. It would go straight to voicemail. I missed the first tine attempts at contact and yah... nothing. J left two voicemails and texted after being suggested to do so by customer support. Then one day I called... it rang and she answered.

#153 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Wish I could do a FCC complaint, but im on .208

#154 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yeah make sure you tell her that you tried multiple google accounts.

That, smart actions for school/home juice defender, 4g toggle Gmail accounts.... I hope I can do this... I get nervous.

#155 greek6486

greek6486

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Twitter:@greek6486
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Woohooo won my fcc complaint too!! A max is on its way :)

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#156 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Woohooo won my fcc complaint too!! A max is on its way :)

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

How!?!?!? lol

#157 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Sad how people gotta lie and cheat the system to get a free upgrade. No honor among thieves I guess

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX

#158 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Sad how people gotta lie and cheat the system to get a free upgrade. No honor among thieves I guess

I didn't lie about anything. Thanks though.

#159 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

45 minutes screen on time and dies is a bit of a burden. Always plugged in. After a half day of exams without data on and no usage its at 65%

#160 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

Lol, I ended up getting rid of my og razr cause battery wasnt working for me. Dont see how i lied, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users