#101 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hey guys. Flashed this ROM yesterday and I must say its pretty damn smooth. Many thanks for the hard work :) I was wondering tho if anyone was having trouble with the quick reply popping up? That's really prob I'm having. Otherwise, great ROM.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#102 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

This may need to go under a more general section, but how do I add the sound on/off (or volume on/vibrate) slider to the lockscreen? I really like being able to do that in the stock (or stock-based) roms.

Other than that, I have had no issues with the 5/16 update of this rom. I am really liking it!

Thanks.

#103 sativaman

sativaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

I lost the temperature reading in the upper left corner and the weather in the pulldown.  This seems to have happened after installing Slim_Gapps.4.2.2.build.5.x.

I tried wiping the cache/dalvik and fix permissions but it didn't come back.  Is there a setting somewhere that may have been changed?  Thanks

#104 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

This may need to go under a more general section, but how do I add the sound on/off (or volume on/vibrate) slider to the lockscreen? I really like being able to do that in the stock (or stock-based) roms.

Other than that, I have had no issues with the 5/16 update of this rom. I am really liking it!

Thanks.

You can do it 2 ways. Add it as an option on the lock screen ribbon, or you can add it as a target on the lock screen. To add it as a target select the location, then short action/select application/AOKP Action/silent sound vibrate toggle

#105 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

So was I supposed to flash this ROM with regular gapps then do slim for inverted apps? I flashed ROM with slim gapps and I'm wondering if that's why my swype does not work? Looked at settings and all indicate it should work

+100

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#106 chapsizzle71

chapsizzle71

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Any reason the sounds (ringtone, notification) keep reverting to the defaults?

Try fixing permissions

Apparently I'm an idiot. I was using AudioManager Pro and didn't realize that was changing my chosen sounds.

Great ROM.

Very little usage today (58m on screen time, 19m voice calls) - 36% remaining - 13h30m34s battery life.

• BigJArm likes this

#107 moksha51

moksha51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Anybody having random reboots? Many times it has turned off while applications like play music  are running or when I have received a phone call. 

#108 Zack

Zack

Developer

• Superuser
  • 94 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Anybody having random reboots? Many times it has turned off while applications like play music  are running or when I have received a phone call. 

Pretty much every KEXEC ROM does this.

Why do I love jacking with my phone so much??

#109 atsu333

atsu333

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

I think I just bricked my slot?  On its second random reboot, it never came back. After the SS screen, the screen would turn off completely for a couple seconds, then come back on to a blank black screen, and stay there. I have no idea what could have caused that, aside from me changing a setting that would need a reboot to apply(I don't remember what it was but it shouldn't have been anything major.) I've tried dirty flashing it again, and had no luck. I had literally JUST finished installing my apps and setting up my launcher how I liked it, too...

#110 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I think I just bricked my slot?  On its second random reboot, it never came back. After the SS screen, the screen would turn off completely for a couple seconds, then come back on to a blank black screen, and stay there. I have no idea what could have caused that, aside from me changing a setting that would need a reboot to apply(I don't remember what it was but it shouldn't have been anything major.) I've tried dirty flashing it again, and had no luck. I had literally JUST finished installing my apps and setting up my launcher how I liked it, too...

I've had this issue as well. The best thing I did was to pull everything off my SD card(s) and wipe/reformat the card. Then I put everything back minus any android folders (ie; Android, LOST.DIR, etc) haven't had a prob since.

Sent from my 4.1.2 cm_tenderloin

#111 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

I've had this happen on other ROMs.  I have been able to get it back with a cache / dalvik wipe.  Unfortunately, it was never stable and I did the mentioned reformat and have been doing much better as well.  Still debating to run this rom.

#112 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

There is a fix I will include in the next build that addresses some of the hot reboot issues. 

I have seen this when I changed to boot animation in the settings. It has something to do with SS and File locations I think. A dirty flash won't fix it since the setting causing the issue will still be there. I had to restore a backup to get it to boot again, or you can re-create the ROM slot and re-install. If you can recall what it was that caused it to have the problem let me know. 

• moksha51 likes this

#113 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thanks, BigJ. Great ROM!

#114 sativaman

sativaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Thanks, BigJ. Great ROM!

+100 indeed!

#115 atsu333

atsu333

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

There is a fix I will include in the next build that addresses some of the hot reboot issues. 

I have seen this when I changed to boot animation in the settings. It has something to do with SS and File locations I think. A dirty flash won't fix it since the setting causing the issue will still be there. I had to restore a backup to get it to boot again, or you can re-create the ROM slot and re-install. If you can recall what it was that caused it to have the problem let me know. 

From looking through the options again, I believe it's in the device options, when I changed it to use external storage when possible. I dunno, I changed that and added a couple of clock press actions just now, and it broke again. I did the SD fix, unless you're talking about the internal storage as well.  

I'd also like to note that I had no problem with wifi the first time, but since then it's been an issue. So I'm not sure if it might be something that gets changed during the setup or something.  

#116 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

You can do it 2 ways. Add it as an option on the lock screen ribbon, or you can add it as a target on the lock screen. To add it as a target select the location, then short action/select application/AOKP Action/silent sound vibrate toggle

Thanks for the note, but I'm wondering if the passcode that is being forced on my device by our Exchange server is causing the ribbon not to be visible? The target isn't visible because of that also.

#117 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

I'd also like to note that I had no problem with wifi the first time, but since then it's been an issue. So I'm not sure if it might be something that gets changed during the setup or something.  

I've had this on other JB roms too - I get through setup fine, reboot, and suddenly my Wifi connects but wont pull an IP (i.e. the Grey Wifi Icon with bars).  I just went in and made it a static IP for those servers.  It's only my home Wifi so it wasn't a big deal for me.  It is a pain though.

#118 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

So was I supposed to flash this ROM with regular gapps then do slim for inverted apps? I flashed ROM with slim gapps and I'm wondering if that's why my swype does not work? Looked at settings and all indicate it should work

I'm looking into the AOSP keyboard and swyping. Mine works fine but not everyone's does. Can you try swiftkey or swype to see if those keyboards do the same thing of if they work?

From looking through the options again, I believe it's in the device options, when I changed it to use external storage when possible. I dunno, I changed that and added a couple of clock press actions just now, and it broke again. I did the SD fix, unless you're talking about the internal storage as well.  

Thanks for the feedback on that. I have been able to replicate the problem in the settings you indicated. Now to figure out what to do with it ...

Thanks for the note, but I'm wondering if the passcode that is being forced on my device by our Exchange server is causing the ribbon not to be visible? The target isn't visible because of that also.

You can trying using Dash Clock and the tasker extension. It's a bit more work but may work if the security is messing with the other options.

For those having WIFI issues, can you try opening terminal emulator doing su then wifical.sh?

#119 mainegrw

mainegrw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I would like to start by saying thanks for a great ROM. I decided to install this on a whim last night and I really like it. My experience has been about 80% positive so far with a few minor difficulties. I initially had some issues with WiFi/Bluetooth, but after fixing permissions and also wiping cache/dalvik following the installation all of my apps seems to have stabilized everything. Unlike what others have said, I have had no random reboots, and my battery life has been better than with any other ROM, stock or otherwise. I did notice though as others have mentioned that the cellular signal strength is a lot lower than previously noted, however I have seen no difference in coverage area nor had any service drops. I noticed a slight sluggishness at times when opeing and closing apps or switching screens, but nothing I haven't experienced on other ROMs.

Also I wanted to mention that I have abandoned the GMail app in favor of the Android email app, due to the latest version of the GMail app failing to open attachments and display pictures. The last ROM I was on had the same issue and I was hoping the change would get me away from that. Anyone else have the same experience with GMail? I also wonder if disabling GMail has had the greatest impact on my battery life improvement.

• BigJArm likes this

#120 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Anyone else have the same experience with GMail? I also wonder if disabling GMail has had the greatest impact on my battery life improvement.

On a different ROM, but following this one closely - no issues with the GMail App ever.  I can't imagine it would have a big impact unless you have it fetching all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users