• Please log in to reply
984 replies to this topic

#681 RaSuRaDoRa

RaSuRaDoRa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Can anyone post a copy of their system for. 85 just the system files . Accidentally restored the wrong system n now i cant reboot lol

#682 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Ok just read bout the new leak.i got both files do i need the 84 files to? I have the 85 files already

#683 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Ok just read bout the new leak.i got both files do i need the 84 files to? I have the 85 files already

DON'T FLASH EITHER. You cannot rsd or fastboot back. If you try you have a brick.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#684 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Can anyone post a copy of their system for. 85 just the system files . Accidentally restored the wrong system n now i cant reboot lol

Just use Matt's utility to fastboot like you did before

#685 kboss805

kboss805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Google+:kevin.bossoletti

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

So I mashed my way through a very crude "unbrick" process that I'm not proud of. But for anyone who is stuck with a soft-bricked 6.14.84 device like I was, hopefully this will provide some hope or ideas if nothing else.

Disclaimer: I haven't repeated the process and I don't recommend it unless you are desperate. As is the case with all of these procedures I don't take any responsibility for what this may due to your device. All of the system and internal SD contents will be erased as well.

Note: This process assumes you still have or can get the 6.14.84(5) OTA update onto your external SD card.

Note: Even though you'll be flashing files from 6.12.181 your device will not operate in 6.12.181 for the same reasons you can't just simply fast boot back to an old build. This is just an intermediate step.

In summary it involves brute force flashing the .181 GB build. Then "re-updating" to 6.14.84 using the device's recovery console. I received lots of complaints from each tool for a variety of file "integrity" reasons. But I was in a bind and getting ready to go on travel so I was desperate. I have an early flight in the morning, but here's the procedure in a nut shell. If anyone is interested I'll try to add more details tomorrow.

1) Download the 6.12.181 fastboot files.
2) Extract the files to "temporary" folder.
3) Download if you don't already have Matt's Utility v1.51 (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) and extract to an accessible folder
4) Replace Matt's the contents of Matt's file folder with the contents of the 6.12.181
5) Boot your phone in to AP Boot and use Matt's Utility to flash your device (option 1 in Matt's utility).
6) At this point you are actually flashing 6.12.181 files not 6.12.173 files as the Utility states.
7) Let the flashing process finish. Note: you'll likely see a variety of integrity errors. This is due to the fact that the new 6.14.84 on the phone is not "fast boot" compatible with the files being pushed to the device.
8) After 6.12.181 flash has completed, reboot your device into recovery mode (Power + Vol Up/Down).
9) From the recovery tool clear the system cache.
10) Still in the recovery tool choose to update from external storage
11) Select 6.14.84(5).XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
12) The recovery tool should start "updating" to 6.14.84.
13) Note: I did some error during the process.
14) After the update is complete reboot the phone into recover mode again and repeat steps 9 - 12. At this point I didn't receive any errors.
15) After the "2nd" update is complete reboot the phone and wait for it to initialize. At this point you'll be presented with "semi-fresh" 6.14.84 install.
16) Set up the device as usual and you should be off and running.

Good luck. I'll be checking this post mid afternoon tomorrow. If there is any interest I can try to provide more details.
  • mugsy77 likes this

#686 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

Just use Matt's utility to fastboot like you did before

ROFL, that's actually pretty damn funny.

Now, unfortuneately I can't get him to freakin answer me but there was ONE poster on Rootz that used the tastydesert.apk (I'm pretty sure anyway) to install and he claims that he was able to revert. Not that I buy that but.....

LexiconDevil

#687 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

So I mashed my way through a very crude "unbrick" process that I'm not proud of. But for anyone who is stuck with a soft-bricked 6.14.84 device like I was, hopefully this will provide some hope or ideas if nothing else.

Disclaimer: I haven't repeated the process and I don't recommend it unless you are desperate. As is the case with all of these procedures I don't take any responsibility for what this may due to your device. All of the system and internal SD contents will be erased as well.

Note: This process assumes you still have or can get the 6.14.84(5) OTA update onto your external SD card.

Note: Even though you'll be flashing files from 6.12.181 your device will not operate in 6.12.181 for the same reasons you can't just simply fast boot back to an old build. This is just an intermediate step.

In summary it involves brute force flashing the .181 GB build. Then "re-updating" to 6.14.84 using the device's recovery console. I received lots of complaints from each tool for a variety of file "integrity" reasons. But I was in a bind and getting ready to go on travel so I was desperate. I have an early flight in the morning, but here's the procedure in a nut shell. If anyone is interested I'll try to add more details tomorrow.

1) Download the 6.12.181 fastboot files.
2) Extract the files to "temporary" folder.
3) Download if you don't already have Matt's Utility v1.51 (

) and extract to an accessible folder
4) Replace Matt's the contents of Matt's file folder with the contents of the 6.12.181
5) Boot your phone in to AP Boot and use Matt's Utility to flash your device (option 1 in Matt's utility).
6) At this point you are actually flashing 6.12.181 files not 6.12.173 files as the Utility states.
7) Let the flashing process finish. Note: you'll likely see a variety of integrity errors. This is due to the fact that the new 6.14.84 on the phone is not "fast boot" compatible with the files being pushed to the device.
8) After 6.12.181 flash has completed, reboot your device into recovery mode (Power + Vol Up/Down).
9) From the recovery tool clear the system cache.
10) Still in the recovery tool choose to update from external storage
11) Select 6.14.84(5).XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
12) The recovery tool should start "updating" to 6.14.84.
13) Note: I did some error during the process.
14) After the update is complete reboot the phone into recover mode again and repeat steps 9 - 12. At this point I didn't receive any errors.
15) After the "2nd" update is complete reboot the phone and wait for it to initialize. At this point you'll be presented with "semi-fresh" 6.14.84 install.
16) Set up the device as usual and you should be off and running.

Good luck. I'll be checking this post mid afternoon tomorrow. If there is any interest I can try to provide more details.

I wonder if this would get us back on path when we can get a .zip of the OTA?

#688 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

I hate to say it, but i think us on the 84/85 leak are stuck until the official ota comes out... Im pretty sure the ota will have an upgraded bootloader as well, so once the ota comes, anyone who upgrades will probably be saying bye bye to gb for good, unless we come up with an unlocked bootloader....i am on the 84 leak, but i love it, and only desire i have would be to get the ota for ics when it comes out, but will probably have to wait for ics fastboot files which is not really a prob for me. ota gets released, few days later hopefully, fastboot files are avail and go from there....but you never know....

But i still think the ics ota when its out will knock everyone who takes it off gb for good.....just like the 84/85 leaks did.

#689 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

Well loosing gb isn't really an issue.. for me anyway.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#690 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

Not mine! They did ME a favor! I'll just give my fiancee my phone since she couldnt care less and go get a Gnex! Suck it Moto! Lol

[ 43V3R IC3'd on .84 ]

Brother Base, been reading your posts. I like you. So I'm going to tell you: don't get a Nexus ;) I had TWO of them BNIB and both had lame radio's and issues with one side of the call audio cutting out. There are over 500 reports of that issue alone on Google Code. And more than likely the proprietary libs are the culprit. I'd made NO difference what ROM/Kernal/Radio's/Herpaderp I was running. Signal sucked, wifi to 3g handoff sucked and that one way call audio sucked.

So what's the fix? Probably update prop blobs. Everyone would have them....if it wasn't for VZW sitting on the update pending 'operator approval'.

It was a great mini tablet, and a lousy phone xD

#691 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

no but the that app which we don't speak of app was in the folder

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok, it was 1.5 hacked by me to include carrot cake.apk and I renamed it to 1.51...Matt never included carrot cake in 1.5 and it was removed in 1.51. I deleted that torrent and only seed official untouched mods and utilities. So, you used 1.5 to get back.
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#692 RaSuRaDoRa

RaSuRaDoRa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

Can someome use the dessert app to download 6.12.85 and upload it? =p

#693 Terrigno

Terrigno

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:Terrigno
  • Google+:nterrigno

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Rasu. Dont flash 84/85. Very simple. Just dont flash them. Flash .75. Safe and just as good.

#694 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok, it was 1.5 hacked by me to include carrot cake.apk and I renamed it to 1.51...Matt never included carrot cake in 1.5 and it was removed in 1.51. I deleted that torrent and only seed official untouched mods and utilities. So, you used 1.5 to get back.

Okay, but isn't 1.5 just the .173 fastboot files?

#695 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

Rasu. Dont flash 84/85. Very simple. Just dont flash them. Flash .75. Safe and just as good.

Concur you are going to hose yourself.

#696 RaSuRaDoRa

RaSuRaDoRa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

I need. .85 because i was already on it n i bricked it by restoring the. 75 system by accident. Il greatly appreciate if someone uploaded the .85 or email me it.

#697 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

I hope there is a fix before this weekend.....this wifi connection blows!!! Never had issues on gb and none of my coworkers are having issues...I may just jump in the pool with the phone in tow

#698 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

I need. .85 because i was already on it n i bricked it by restoring the. 75 system by accident. Il greatly appreciate if someone uploaded the .85 or email me it.

Why didn't you adb pull it from /cache when you had the chance?

#699 RaSuRaDoRa

RaSuRaDoRa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

I didnt think of that xD im just going to rsd back to gingerbread . And prey i make it. And wis the even a .181 fsstboot file???

#700 RaSuRaDoRa

RaSuRaDoRa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hers an idead.... use fastboot adb to erase the cdt.bin. if you can flash it im sure you can erase it too then you guus try fastboot after erasing it. =p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users