Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image Keep Austin Weird!!

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Odd, I wonder why he just says "RAZR MAXX Owners?" Thanks for posting this though!

#3 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Odd, I wonder why he just says "RAZR MAXX Owners?" Thanks for posting this though!

Not sure and it was actually in response to the question about GNex getting the 4.04 OTA but he did mention "some" Maxx owners.

I am running temp unrooted Maxx but no update.

#4 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Maxx not likely...

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#5 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

they cant just single out the maxx's i think.
Posted Image

#6 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm going to say it will be at least 12 weeks from the build date of the final ICS ROM before it starts pushing to the public. Verizon has no incentive to hurry this. They have much more incentive to delay the release to ensure there are the least amount of bugs as possible. They want to minimize the number of people coming to the store complaining about the phone not working correctly.

It took 8 weeks from the build date before .181 was pushed and that was a very minor GB maintenance update.

#7 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

they cant just single out the maxx's i think.

If they are pushing to a few people then why couldn't they single out Maxx ? Not disputing but asking... My device says Droid Razr Maxx under Model Number so the device is capable of producing a distinction.

#8 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

If they are pushing to a few people then why couldn't they single out Maxx ? Not disputing but asking... My device says Droid Razr Maxx under Model Number so the device is capable of producing a distinction.

There's really no difference but the size of the battery. Quite impossible to single it out imo.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#9 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

I'm going to say it will be at least 12 weeks from the build date of the final ICS ROM before it starts pushing to the public. Verizon has no incentive to hurry this. They have much more incentive to delay the release to ensure there are the least amount of bugs as possible. They want to minimize the number of people coming to the store complaining about the phone not working correctly.

It took 8 weeks from the build date before .181 was pushed and that was a very minor GB maintenance update.

I disagree with this statement given the actual Verizon leak of update dates. Not to mention the slew of ICS leaks that are out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

It isn't impossible to single out the OTA. Verizion knows your serial and your mied and other random numbers represented by random letters. That is how the roms know what it is installed on. The numbers programmed into the phones hardware are read, sent to verizion, verizon looks at those numbers, knows what phone it is, sends the phone your corresponding phone number so it knows how communicate back and forth. it is also the reason verizion knows what phone you have when you log in, I have had a droid 1 and a razr, switching between and two and it always know.

@TopherRZ YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!

I have always wanted to say that since my college art teacher told me I was wrong about which art piece I liked better.

#11 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

It isn't impossible to single out the OTA. Verizion knows your serial and your mied and other random numbers represented by random letters. That is how the roms know what it is installed on. The numbers programmed into the phones hardware are read, sent to verizion, verizon looks at those numbers, knows what phone it is, sends the phone your corresponding phone number so it knows how communicate back and forth. it is also the reason verizion knows what phone you have when you log in, I have had a droid 1 and a razr, switching between and two and it always know. @TopherRZ YOUR OPINION IS WRONG! I have always wanted to say that since my college art teacher told me I was wrong about which art piece I liked better.

haha i consider myself learned. I should rephrase... i highly doubt that Razr and Razr Maxx owners will recieve the update at different times..... IMO!!!!! lol
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#12 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

I hope they quit holding back the Froyo goodness from us..........lol

#13 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I disagree with this statement given the actual Verizon leak of update dates. Not to mention the slew of ICS leaks that are out.

.181 build date = March 8
.181 began public push = April 25

I was off by a week. 7 weeks for a very very very minor update to GB. Disagree all you like but I'm saying 12 weeks.

Ever since the fiasco regarding the Best Buy leaked screenshot claiming April 4th was ICS day, there is no such thing as an "official leak" that I put any faith in. That verizon roadmap could have easily been faked just like the Best Buy screenshot.

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

I was off by a week. 7 weeks for a very very very minor update to GB. Disagree all you like but I'm saying 12 weeks.

Ever since the fiasco regarding the Best Buy leaked screenshot claiming April 4th was ICS day, there is no such thing as an "official leak" that I put any faith in. That verizon roadmap could have easily been faked just like the Best Buy screenshot.

Tracking. I'm not saying you're wrong about the .181 update I'm just saying that it's definitely possible to be sooner than 12 weeks.

#15 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

Every ota had been pushed 1 month after the build. The only reason 181 was delayed is because the first ics leak was built just two weeks after 181. They delayed pushing 181 because they probably thought they were closer to ics. When they realized they needed to make some adjustments, they pushed 181.

Ics will be pushed this month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#16 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

The fact that the phone info page is specific about whether it's a MAXX or standard RAZR is some thing the put into either the MEID or the initial firmware that is programmed in every device known to man from your simple toaster to the BIOS in your PC or MAC. It's possible that the info is in the Battery itself but that is unlikely, only people with a RAZR that has been upgraded will know if that changes the Model of the phone. I would say not because they would want to be able to distinguish for warranty reasons which phone they are working on. I used to work for MOTO and I can say they were very thorough about which serial number circuit card went into which master unit SN. One barcode scan will tell them what it was originally and every person that ever touched it when it was in house. FutureBear is right, they can send it to whichever phone they want.

#17 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

I bet that they are ready to go but holding out because of a new version of the Razar. Razar HD/Droid Fighter. Lock in as many suckers as they can on the Razar/Maxx and then drop the bomb of the better screen and Maxx battery on the HD/Fighter.

I have a special offer waiting that Expires June 1, $30 plus an additional $100 off any 4G LTE phone. I just will not pull the upgrade trigger untill I can get the Maximum Phone for this deal.

Posted Image

#18 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Every ota had been pushed 1 month after the build. The only reason 181 was delayed is because the first ics leak was built just two weeks after 181. They delayed pushing 181 because they probably thought they were closer to ics. When they realized they needed to make some adjustments, they pushed 181.

Ics will be pushed this month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

6.12.173 build date = 12/28/2011

6.12.173 pushed to public = 2/9/2012

6 weeks

No way any ICS build comes that soon after the build date.

#19 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Tracking. I'm not saying you're wrong about the .181 update I'm just saying that it's definitely possible to be sooner than 12 weeks.

Hopefully not 12 but I'm not holding my breath on anything better. If my dates were right on .173 that was 6 weeks. Even if they did 6 weeks from .84 build date (4/26) that would be June 7. That would be overly optimistic to expect it that soon. Maybe 12 weeks is too extreme too, but why would we expect them to beat any of those minor GB updates? We won't see it in May.

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hopefully not 12 but I'm not holding my breath on anything better. If my dates were right on .173 that was 6 weeks. Even if they did 6 weeks from .84 build date (4/26) that would be June 7. That would be overly optimistic to expect it that soon. Maybe 12 weeks is too extreme too, but why would we expect them to beat any of those minor GB updates? We won't see it in May.

You also have to think though, just because some of these ICS leaks are newer, doesn't mean that they don't have an older more solid build than the .75 build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users