58 replies to this topic

#21 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

When I got my GNex on Sunday, they tried to get me into a Maxx because they said the ICS update was coming in May. Take it with a grain of salt, you know how they are.

#22 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

Later he corrects his reply. At first he replied that razr would get 4.04 but he corrected it saying ICS.

#23 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

4h Dave Tarantula ‏ @standardsdt
@droid_life interesting tidbit from @VZWken he said in a reply to me "and some RAZR MAXX owners have as well. thanks for the note."

4h Ken Muche ‏ @VZWken
@standardsdt Sorry, was thinking about ICS

4h Dave Tarantula ‏ @standardsdt
@VZWken So ICS is not rolling out to select Maxx owners?

3h Ken Muche ‏ @VZWken
@standardsdt no, was thinking four point oh. no updates on four oh four.

#24 novakdesolation

novakdesolation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

and i would think they have a way to single out certain phones, how else could a soak test take place?they select people to test an update, instead of at random

#25 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Exactly.

#26 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Motorola uses the MEID number of users phones to push to soak testers.

#27 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

oddly enough, your phone displays 1 extra number in the MEID.

#28 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

6.12.173 build date = 12/28/2011

6.12.173 pushed to public = 2/9/2012

6 weeks

No way any ICS build comes that soon after the build date.

Every ota had been pushed 1 month after the build. The only reason 181 was delayed is because the first ics leak was built just two weeks after 181. They delayed pushing 181 because they probably thought they were closer to ics. When they realized they needed to make some adjustments, they pushed 181.

Ics will be pushed this month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

I still believe that MOTO has already finished ICS and is testing it now to release it later this month. They said that they would have it at the beginning of Q2 so this seems reasonable.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#29 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

My "predictions" are build date vs public push. If you have a way of backdating Motorolas build dates then please share.

#30 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

My "predictions" are build date vs public push. If you have a way of backdating Motorolas build dates then please share.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#31 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

I'm sorry but that seems legit to me. I know everyone is calling b.s. because of the Best Buy fiasco but this looks like it came straight from Verizon.

#32 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm sorry but that seems legit to me. I know everyone is calling b.s. because of the Best Buy fiasco but this looks like it came straight from Verizon.

+1 Arcanexvi said that they have already begun internal testing of ICS, and this chart said that they would start testing around this time, so I would say this is legit.

#33 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

The build VZW had in testing last I knew was mid april.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#34 cncrrddn

cncrrddn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Odds are it's just another lie.
If our phones were getting the update they would be advertising it...publicly...gratuitously...not keeping it secret.

My logic is flawless.

"
DROID RAZR
USA
Evaluation & Planning
Further details to follow.
"

"
PHASE 1 – EVALUATION & PLANNING: During this phase, we evaluate the benefits, technical issues and user experience of an upgrade. Generally, we are not able to provide release dates in this stage. There are also some cases in which we can state that an upgrade will happen but are not able to provide a release date. Please note that some products that enter the Evaluation and Planning phase may not complete the upgrade cycle.
"

#35 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

If our phones were getting the update they would be advertising it...publicly...gratuitously...not keeping it secret.

My logic is flawless.

"
DROID RAZR
USA
Evaluation & Planning
"

"
PHASE 1 – EVALUATION & PLANNING: During this phase, we evaluate the benefits, technical issues and user experience of an upgrade. Generally, we are not able to provide release dates in this stage. There are also some cases in which we can state that an upgrade will happen but are not able to provide a release date. Please note that some products that enter the Evaluation and Planning phase may not complete the upgrade cycle.
"

How many of the past upgrades for any phone been publicly advertised? I can't recall any.

#36 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

ICS is definitely coming and soon!!! Why do I say that? I have noticed that most of the verizon apps are now updating to support ICS. If ICS wasn't coming real soon, they wouldn't bother with updating their apps. Just another sign that it's almost time!!!
Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#37 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

My logic is flawless.

"
DROID RAZR
USA
Evaluation & Planning
"

"
"

Your logic it's flawed and you couldn't be more wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#38 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

My logic is flawless.

"
DROID RAZR
USA
Evaluation & Planning
"

"
"

Information like this is much more likely to be legitimate than things stated by Motorola themselves. Nothing said by Moto has any reliability at all, or we would have all had ICS for quite a while now, with unlocked bootloaders to top it off.

#39 novakdesolation

novakdesolation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

Plus, ls
last time that was updated was Feb 15th. So things very well could have chqnhed

#40 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

My logic is flawless.

"
DROID RAZR
USA
Evaluation & Planning
"

"
"

Lol, your logic is actually very flawed. Motorola is OBVIOUSLY NOT IN EVALUATION AND PLANNING IF THEY ARE PRACTICALLY $#!+TING ICS LEAKS. Unless we have been flashing GSM leaks I would say MOTO is lying and that they are releasing it soon.

Edit: Also Moto has never confirmed ICS or said anything about it this SPOKESPERSON for MOTO is just a dumb*ss and is probably kept in the dark more than we are, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users