#41 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Every ota had been pushed 1 month after the build. The only reason 181 was delayed is because the first ics leak was built just two weeks after 181. They delayed pushing 181 because they probably thought they were closer to ics. When they realized they needed to make some adjustments, they pushed 181.

Ics will be pushed this month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

So why didn't 6.15.75 get pushed April 26th if they all get pushed a month later?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#42 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

ICS is definitely coming and soon!!! Why do I say that? I have noticed that most of the verizon apps are now updating to support ICS. If ICS wasn't coming real soon, they wouldn't bother with updating their apps. Just another sign that it's almost time!!!

VZW Apps being updated has nothing to do with the Razr. There are other phones the VZW sells that are already on ICS, that would certainly explain why those apps are being updated.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#43 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

VZW Apps being updated has nothing to do with the Razr. There are other phones the VZW sells that are already on ICS, that would certainly explain why those apps are being updated.

This is true, however if you go and look on play, it does show MOTO apps adding support for ICS and that could back this up. ALSO they don't push EVERY SINGLE ota update. We would have like 50 updates then.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#44 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Not saying that it's for Razr only. We all know that Verizon and ICS are still strangers. I don't know for sure but isn't the gnex pretty much the only ICS device they have? I would say they are getting ready to release ICS for mutiple devices and with all the leaks and comments about the razr, it probably is real soon.....
Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#45 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

The build VZW had in testing last I knew was mid april.

So that would be a build somewhere between .75 and .84?

#46 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

So that would be a build somewhere between .75 and .84?

It's not my place to say. Just know that vzw was actively testing a build for release at that time. It's approval status remains unknown.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#47 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

My money is on somewhere between 19-23 May. Even Verizon store managers are being told those dates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#48 cncrrddn

cncrrddn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

tautology
n 1: (logic) a statement that is necessarily true; "the
statement `he is brave or he is not brave' is a tautology"
2: useless repetition; "to say that something is `adequate
enough' is a tautology"

Example...
Cncrrddn is wrong about ICS coming out in May because cncrrddn is wrong about ICS coming out in May.

Well done sirs.
I remain firmly cynical about the issue.
Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

Here is my tautological reply:
If it does not exist then it does not exist.

#49 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

So why didn't 6.15.75 get pushed April 26th if they all get pushed a month later?

Are you seriously that dumb or just trying real hard? Get a clue. I did not say every build is pushed out a month later. I said every ota...... learn to read and comprehend.

#50 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

This is true, however if you go and look on play, it does show MOTO apps adding support for ICS and that could back this up. ALSO they don't push EVERY SINGLE ota update. We would have like 50 updates then.

Hmmmm....wrong. They absolutely do push EVERY SINGLE OTA. That is the very definition of ota. "Over the air" update. Not every build is pushed but those are just works in progress that we are not supposed to see.

#51 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hmmmm....wrong. They absolutely do push EVERY SINGLE OTA. That is the very definition of ota. "Over the air" update. Not every build is pushed but those are just works in progress that we are not supposed to see.

Lol, there is no need to get angry dude I meant every build designed for ota. And yes, every build is designed to be an ota. That is why the ics. 75 build was able to be used in the app which we do not speak of.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#52 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

Because 6.15.75 had glaring issues & wasn't fully baked. It has to be ready and stress-tested before it gets pushed...

#53 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Lol, there is no need to get angry dude I meant every build designed for ota. And yes, every build is designed to be an ota. That is why the ics. 75 build was able to be used in the app which we do not speak of.

Lol. Angry? Wow, so apparently anyone who corrects you is angry. What a sad world you live in.

#54 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Lol. Angry? Wow, so apparently anyone who corrects you is angry. What a sad world you live in.

Sure, look I don't want to cause trouble just leave it at that ok. These forums are for info and discussion about the topic above, not about whether or not you sound angry. Sorry for the confusion.

#55 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

If someone is willing to bet similar stakes, I will agree that If the OTA comes in May (not the soak pushed to 20,000), but the actual OTA pushed to the masses) that I will change my avatar to Strawberry Shortcake and I'll ask a mod to change my member tag to Android Princess. Any takers?

#56 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

If someone is willing to bet similar stakes, I will agree that If the OTA comes in May (not the soak pushed to 20,000), but the actual OTA pushed to the masses) that I will change my avatar to Strawberry Shortcake and I'll ask a mod to change my member tag to Android Princess. Any takers?

I can just change it for you now if you want ;). Not that I think you're wrong. I just kinda want to change it.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#57 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

I can just change it for you now if you want . Not that I think you're wrong. I just kinda want to change it.

Haha should we put it to a vote? I would vote for changing it now :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#58 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

I can just change it for you now if you want ;). Not that I think you're wrong. I just kinda want to change it.

I know, it will be funny if it does come in may. I was thinking instead of just claiming one way or the other with no repercussions for being wrong, this would be more fun.

#59 Ballbagus

Ballbagus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

hey ill take the name and the avatar now for a goof xD i did have my 10 wheeler have "cupcake" over the drivers door for the longest time xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users