Photo

[Recovery] Droid Razr Safestrap - Boot Into 2 Different Systems On 1 Razr!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#21 brkshr

brkshr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

Did you try #6 under "Some cliffs notes for Safestrap" in the above tutorial link I posted ... found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Just did, thanks!

I used quick toggle to disable safe system. It put me back on Original system, but my data was not there, so I had to restore the backup I made right before I enabled safestrap.

#22 Hendrix9456

Hendrix9456

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Once i backed up my system using safestrap and rebooted i noticed that a lot of my apps are no longer in the app drawer... If i try reinstalling them they still do not appear in the app drawer. any ideas?

#23 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Before doing this, what if you did the boot in to CWR every boot? I understand removing razr bootstrap, but what about the boot in to CWR scripts?

My question also, i know how to take off bootstrap for safestrap install, but i did the recovery on boot zip. How would i get this off. Or should i just unroot n start all over?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Posted Image

#24 brkshr

brkshr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

Once i backed up my system using safestrap and rebooted i noticed that a lot of my apps are no longer in the app drawer... If i try reinstalling them they still do not appear in the app drawer. any ideas?

Could those have been apps that were moved or installed on sdcard/media area? I had to re-download all of those apps.

#25 IDLE0095

IDLE0095

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

I notice your thread says v1.07 but the download link is still for the v1.0
  • timpohladthomas likes this
Have Fun

#26 stevessvt

stevessvt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

My question also, i know how to take off bootstrap for safestrap install, but i did the recovery on boot zip. How would i get this off. Or should i just unroot n start all over?

I flashed back to a backup I made before adding recovery at every boot. Then uninstalled razr bootstrap

#27 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

I notice your thread says v1.07 but the download link is still for the v1.0

See post #16 in this thread.
  • mugsy77 likes this

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#28 Hendrix9456

Hendrix9456

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

I flashed back to a backup I made before adding recovery at every boot. Then uninstalled razr bootstrap

I had to go into my sd card and unstil the backup i made with razr bootstrap, then they all came back. weird...

#29 IDLE0095

IDLE0095

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

Thanks. How come there isnt a icon for this app?
Have Fun

#30 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thanks. How come there isnt a icon for this app?

Earlier today I let Hashcode know about that, so hopefully he'll be able to find out why the icon isn't showing up.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#31 bigdaddywong

bigdaddywong

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

Love this...bring on the ICS!!
  • skiwong20 likes this

#32 peihmal

peihmal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hi Guys,
I have a question. After installing the SafeStrap, i enable the safe mode, but when i reboot in the safemode, i could not have my phone rebooted, is there anything i missed? I was able to reboot my phone after disable safe mode
Thanks for your help!

#33 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hi Guys,
I have a question. After installing the SafeStrap, i enable the safe mode, but when i reboot in the safemode, i could not have my phone rebooted, is there anything i missed? I was able to reboot my phone after disable safe mode
Thanks for your help!

You miss-understood the main reason this app was created. It allows you to dual boot, from different ROMs. You have non-safe mode which is what is stable on your phone, then safe mode which installs the ROM in a secondary part of your phone, so just incase it messes up you can go back to your non-safe mode ROM.

Or well, that is how I understood it.

#34 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

You miss-understood the main reason this app was created. It allows you to dual boot, from different ROMs. You have non-safe mode which is what is stable on your phone, then safe mode which installs the ROM in a secondary part of your phone, so just incase it messes up you can go back to your non-safe mode ROM.

Exactly correct! Thank again to all the devs! All of you!

#35 peihmal

peihmal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

I understand the purpose of the app. But in order for me to boot up correctly, i need to toggle back to the non-safe mode (Disable the safe mode), is it right? Because it seems to me that if i enable the safe mode, i can't get a normal boot up after i press the search button, the screen just went blank, i had to press volume down and power for a few seconds to reboot it...

#36 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

I understand the purpose of the app. But in order for me to boot up correctly, i need to toggle back to the non-safe mode (Disable the safe mode), is it right? Because it seems to me that if i enable the safe mode, i can't get a normal boot up after i press the search button, the screen just went blank, i had to press volume down and power for a few seconds to reboot it...

Very sorry ill do some crackflasing and see if I get same result. I misunderstood

#37 FrAsErTaG

FrAsErTaG

Developer

• Developer
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:frasertag

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Im experiencing this also, either using my rom or Shadys
on GSM XT910

The "flashing" of the rom's are way to quick

#38 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

It works like a charm I booted ICS on to my Razr Yesterday morning using it.

Could you elaborate a little on this? Did you boot a ICS theme with safestrap or a rom? I promise that my noobish questions will be few and far between soon LOL.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#39 J.Y.Daddy

J.Y.Daddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:J_Y_Daddy
  • Google+:Kevin Song

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Help me, please!

Recovery boot is ok. But, can't normal boot.
I'm touch [search] button during the splashscreen. But, black screen continue.
What can i to do?

edit:
My razr is korea motorola razr(XT910S).
This Safestrap recovery does not work! Don't install.
Because, recovery boot is ok. but, can't normal boot.

#40 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

Could you elaborate a little on this? Did you boot a ICS theme with safestrap or a rom? I promise that my noobish questions will be few and far between soon LOL.

There is a early ics rom in development that boots up on razr.. he was a part of the group that recieved it to test. nothing is really working within that ics rom right now, but its a great start..

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users