Photo

[ROM] [4.2.2 and 4.4] Aviator CM [03/20/14] Come and get some KitKat!

Aviator CM10.1 ROM Cyanogenmod ZKK007 CM11 4.4 KitKat

• Please log in to reply
1077 replies to this topic

#741 bcetxs

bcetxs

STUDENT/Development

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Google+:zombie.inc.development@gmail.com
  • LocationTheory Land
  • Current Device(s):XT907,XT912

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

New build has been uploaded! Let me know if there are any issues. If everything is good, I'll push this via OTA :)

I'm running 1.09 tried getting the 1.10 OTA And I'm getting MD5 ERROR as well.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#742 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Nexus7

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

What is the difference between Roms found at these 2  ZK007 forums?  Aren't they offering the same Roms.or is one CM11 and the other is Gummy?  What is Gummy -is there a difference.

I downloaded CM11 KitKat, and how does that differ or does it differ?

[ROM] [4.2.2 and 4.4] Aviator CM [01/01/14] Come and get some KitKat!     Started By ZKK007, Jun 28 2013 01:33 PM 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[ROM] [4.4] Aviator Gummy 2.1 [01/03/14] Come and get some KitKat!  Started By ZKK007, Dec 09 2013 02:01 PM      

#743 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Note 3 / Razr Maxx / Droid2 / LG Ally / Moto Q / Nexus 10

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Zk, my rom ver. Is 1.0.5 and the updates are 1.0.6 and 1.1.0 it changes update versions each time on a refresh and of course the ol md5 error. Should i try clearing cache and Dalvik cache on that slot?

Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4

Posted Image

#744 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Sorry man I had thought my rom ver. Was higher then the updates but it wasn't..

Posted Image

#745 bcetxs

bcetxs

STUDENT/Development

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Google+:zombie.inc.development@gmail.com
  • LocationTheory Land
  • Current Device(s):XT907,XT912

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

What is the difference between Roms found at these 2 ZK007 forums? Aren't they offering the same Roms.or is one CM11 and the other is Gummy? What is Gummy -is there a difference.
I downloaded CM11 KitKat, and how does that differ or does it differ?

[ROM] [4.2.2 and 4.4] Aviator CM [01/01/14] Come and get some KitKat! Started By ZKK007, Jun 28 2013 01:33 PM

[ROM] [4.4] Aviator Gummy 2.1 [01/03/14] Come and get some KitKat! Started By ZKK007, Dec 09 2013 02:01 PM

Both have different features. Ones based off CM THE OTHER IS GUMMY

#746 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Zk, my rom ver. Is 1.0.5 and the updates are 1.0.6 and 1.1.0 it changes update versions each time on a refresh and of course the ol md5 error. Should i try clearing cache and Dalvik cache on that slot?

It's probably because I switched to Google Drive for the file hosting for the OTA updater. I'll have to upload to Dropbox and send it out again. Sorry guys.

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#747 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

It's probably because I switched to Google Drive for the file hosting for the OTA updater. I'll have to upload to Dropbox and send it out again. Sorry guys.

No problem bro...

Posted Image

#748 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Both have different features. Ones based off CM THE OTHER IS GUMMY

I know what CM is, but what is Gummy. Can u explain what GUMMY is and what it offers versus Cm11.  I have no idea of the difference, and can not find explanation to differentiate between the two:-)  Is it from Gummy team and only runs with CWM?

You help is appreciated.

#749 Nadious

Nadious

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

Not getting that on my device

I reflashed the latest after deleting the slot, rebuilding the slot, and starting fresh. Got my accounts added and probably after 30 min of setup.... Had the same issue with the lock screen freezing. I can always tell when it is going to happen, because the phone will lag and then lock up with no response. When you press the lock button , it turns the screen off and you see the lock screen flash.... Then when you press it again, the keys at the bottom light up, the backlight turns on, but just a black screen. You can turn it off and on over and over but you never get past the black screen.

Not sure why I'm having this issue.... But even on a clean install I'm still gettjng it. :(

#750 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

I reflashed the latest after deleting the slot, rebuilding the slot, and starting fresh. Got my accounts added and probably after 30 min of setup.... Had the same issue with the lock screen freezing. I can always tell when it is going to happen, because the phone will lag and then lock up with no response. When you press the lock button , it turns the screen off and you see the lock screen flash.... Then when you press it again, the keys at the bottom light up, the backlight turns on, but just a black screen. You can turn it off and on over and over but you never get past the black screen.

Not sure why I'm having this issue.... But even on a clean install I'm still gettjng it. :(

The phone will return to normal if you wait for a few minutes (perhaps even 5min). This is too long for most of us and we manually reboot which fixes it too :p

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#751 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

Posted Image

The MotoCast app creates a private cloud that lets you stream music, photos, and videos from your computer to your smartphone .

See Below for full story and video demo

Weird, man...

Posted Image

#752 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

Weird, man...

This was a reply to nadious .. Have no clue why it replied to cassdroid

Posted Image

#753 Nadious

Nadious

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

I will try letting it wait then.  I have waited a bit, but not up to 5 min.  We will see what happens.  Thanks for the advice.

#754 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

Persuader-

Perhaps u can help a poor old noob soul?  I would luv to know the difference/benefit between CM10 and Gummy roms.  Both forums claim "their"  rom is the rom to use.  I am not a sophisticated user, all I want is a rom that is primarily stable, is readable, and maintains a decent battery life.  So far, I have achieved that still  running in Rom slot1 <2014-01-03--06-40-49 Aviator_CM11_KitKat_NIGHTLY_2013>   However, I am trying to learn and become more acquainted with forum news and updates, but I have yet to find an answer:-)

Also, can eith of these be flashed to other than slot 1 for test purposes?

Can Gummy be dirty flashed over non gummy?

Seems some folks are running these roms via CWM and using them as stock roms.

Granted these may seem like grade school questions, but I need to know a bit more to be secure in what I attempt to do, and I have all of these forums to thank for getting this far. But, at the end of the day, I still need dial tone:-)

Thanks

#755 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

Both Gummy and CM are built from AOSP.  AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is Android in it's purest form. It's Google. It's what you get for an OS when you buy a Nexus.  Gummy is not CM and CM is not Gummy.  I don't know what the differences are as I've never run Gummy but it's my understanding that Gummy is closer to AOSP than CM.  There's one way to find out what the differences are.  Install it and check it out.  :)  With Safestrap, you don't have much to lose.  You can create a new slot and don't even have to touch your CM rom.  If space is an issue, you can always backup your CM rom and then install Gummy on that slot.  If you find it's not for you, restore your CM and you're back up and running.  You don't really have much to lose except a bit of time but in my book, it's fun time so no biggie there.  :)  

That said, you DON"T want to dirty flash Gummy over CM or any other non Gummy rom.  It's almost sure to fail.  Also, stay away from CWM.  More than likely the things you are seeing about people using it are people who have a xt910, not 912.  To my knowledge, it doesn't work with our phones.  

• DroRzr likes this

#756 Nadious

Nadious

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

I will try letting it wait then.  I have waited a bit, but not up to 5 min.  We will see what happens.  Thanks for the advice.

Well, that didn't work.  Yesterday I got a situation where the backlight was on (black screen), but the phone wouldn't respond at all.  (I was trying to unlock the phone).  So, I left it for a pretty long time (probably 20+ minutes.)  Went back and checked it, still same thing:  backlight was on, but nothing else.  This time, however, I couldn't even get the standard keys to light up by pressing the lock screen button.  The phone would only remain in the backlight on state and that was it, so I rebooted.

As much as I want to run this, I'll have to stick with Avi Blur from now... as the stability problems (on my phone only, it appears) is making me not be able to run this.  Maybe I'll try one of the other flavors (AOKP or Gummy) and see if I have the same issue.

#757 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

Both Gummy and CM are built from AOSP. AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is Android in it's purest form. It's Google. It's what you get for an OS when you buy a Nexus. Gummy is not CM and CM is not Gummy. I don't know what the differences are as I've never run Gummy but it's my understanding that Gummy is closer to AOSP than CM. There's one way to find out what the differences are. Install it and check it out. :) With Safestrap, you don't have much to lose. You can create a new slot and don't even have to touch your CM rom. If space is an issue, you can always backup your CM rom and then install Gummy on that slot. If you find it's not for you, restore your CM and you're back up and running. You don't really have much to lose except a bit of time but in my book, it's fun time so no biggie there. :)

That said, you DON"T want to dirty flash Gummy over CM or any other non Gummy rom. It's almost sure to fail. Also, stay away from CWM. More than likely the things you are seeing about people using it are people who have a xt910, not 912. To my knowledge, it doesn't work with our phones.

Thanks Robo...well said :)

The ROMs I am currently using:
* Blurry...
* Aviator
* Gummy (Aviator)
* CM
Now, to say which is The Best one for me to chose...Not happening...Why?

Each are uniquely different in Performance, Interfacing with other Launchers, Apps, Battery Life, Baked in Apps, BLUR Vs. AOSP, Some ROMs are close to performing like Stock and others ROMs removing most of the Bloatware like (Stock Apps)...
As Robot stated try them All out and you chose which is Best..
For Me!!
The Best one is....All of them...use each One as a Daily Drive

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#758 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Thanks, Guys!  As long as I can flash to another slot, I will give them a try.  Like I said, my main concern is stability,  battery life---and at my age, view-ability.  I don't need all the bells and whistles.  Just want to tap and have what I tap appear without freeze up. Nice and easy does it all the time!

#759 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Thanks, Guys!  As long as I can flash to another slot, I will give them a try.  Like I said, my main concern is stability,  battery life---and at my age, view-ability.  I don't need all the bells and whistles.  Just want to tap and have what I tap appear without freeze up. Nice and easy does it all the time!

I've found Gummy to have a more stable data connection.

On CM11, I've had the signal indicator turn hollow (no data connection) which required a SIM pull / replace or power cycle to bring back. Haven't seen this on Gummy (yet)

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#760 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Zk, ota went threw, thanks, ... I flashed.. The icons are tiny any advise to change size? Is it threw imulator and change it with the command as su? Also I notice now when I hit the power button to make it sleep, the screen flickers..I know its petty as the rom is awesome.. With the flicker on sleep, if I wipe cache and Dalvik will that help?? I restarted twice and same outcome... Thanks bro. Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, CM10.1, ROM, Cyanogenmod, ZKK007, CM11, 4.4, KitKat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users