Photo

[ROM] [4.2.2 and 4.4] Aviator CM [03/20/14] Come and get some KitKat!

Aviator CM10.1 ROM Cyanogenmod ZKK007 CM11 4.4 KitKat

• Please log in to reply
1077 replies to this topic

#761 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Zk, ota went threw, thanks, ... I flashed.. The icons are tiny any advise to change size? Is it threw imulator and change it with the command as su?

. . .

Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4

sounds like the LCD Density has been modified. ZKK has eagle eyes ;)

to revert go to /system/build.prop and open in a text editor

find the line ro.sf.lcd_density=*** it's maybe 1/2-way down in the file in a section called # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

the default value is 240. if it's smaller, you'll get the smaller icons.

change it back to 240 and save, then reboot.

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#762 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

Zk, ota went threw, thanks, ... I flashed.. The icons are tiny any advise to change size? Is it threw imulator and change it with the command as su? Also I notice now when I hit the power button to make it sleep, the screen flickers..I know its petty as the rom is awesome.. With the flicker on sleep, if I wipe cache and Dalvik will that help?? I restarted twice and same outcome... Thanks bro.Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4

Read the 2nd post on this thread it tells you how to change that small resolution on your phone. Just download Root Browser and go to System > build.prop and click on the build.prop. once your in there search for lcd.density and the value should be 180. Just tap on the value and change it to 240. Once done hit save and reboot the phone. The resolution and pictures should he normal size again. But the screen flickering problem, you'll have to deal with that as there's no way I can think to turn it off or get it to stop.... Sorry about that

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

YeLcxY9.jpg

#763 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Note 3 / Razr Maxx / Droid2 / LG Ally / Moto Q / Nexus 10

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

sounds like the LCD Density has been modified. ZKK has eagle eyes ;)

to revert go to /system/build.prop and open in a text editor

find the line ro.sf.lcd_density=*** it's maybe 1/2-way down in the file in a section called # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

the default value is 240. if it's smaller, you'll get the smaller icons.

change it back to 240 and save, then reboot.

Thanks for the help. Thought I had seen this mentioned, just forgot where it was and if it was used on this update.

Posted Image

#764 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Read the 2nd post on this thread it tells you how to change that small resolution on your phone. Just download Root Browser and go to System > build.prop and click on the build.prop. once your in there search for lcd.density and the value should be 180. Just tap on the value and change it to 240. Once done hit save and reboot the phone. The resolution and pictures should he normal size again. But the screen flickering problem, you'll have to deal with that as there's no way I can think to turn it off or get it to stop.... Sorry about that

Thanks for the help

Posted Image

#765 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

I need some help.. I'm in es file editor, I make the change, I then try to save. But get an error and it won't save... Do I need to change perm. Somewhere? Oh and it is granted root access, if that helps... Its weird cause I don't believe I saw anyone having issues editing this file and saving. Thanks guys

Posted Image

#766 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

I need some help.. I'm in es file editor, I make the change, I then try to save. But get an error and it won't save... Do I need to change perm. Somewhere? Oh and it is granted root access, if that helps... Its weird cause I don't believe I saw anyone having issues editing this file and saving. Thanks guys

Are you sure you have RW permissions? In ES, tap on "root" not the on/off switch and then choose mount RW

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

• The Persuader and Redalert like this

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#767 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

Are you sure you have RW permissions? In ES, tap on "root" not the on/off switch and then choose mount RW

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks I'll have to look at that... I saw the mount rw , but wasn't sure about what it does. I think I have an idea, but don't know exactly.

Posted Image

#768 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Zk, thanks.. I had to change to rw in mount rw.. It worked...

• The Persuader likes this
Posted Image

#769 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Zk, thanks.. I had to change to rw in mount rw.. It worked...

:-) Red you Stud... Awesome!

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#770 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

:-) Red you Stud... Awesome!

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Lmao...

Posted Image

#771 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Oh, update after I made that change and rebooted. The flicker I was getting when I hit power button to make device sleep. Is non existent now... I'm assuming the lower density value, caused this flicker, so changing it to make the icons bigger, got rid of it... Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4
  • drewski11 likes this
Posted Image

#772 opioid

opioid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Running current nightly, I thinks it is awesome. However, anyone else getting "unfortunately, Google+ has stopped" repeatedly? Updated gapps, cleared G+ app settings/cache, cleared dalvik/cache... No dice, cannot open Google+, and when it attempts to do whatever it does in the background, the error pops up. I liked using it to automatically backup my photos.

#773 MeltingPlastic

MeltingPlastic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

So i've been running 4.4 with Aviator nightly from 12/31 and 1/4 since 1/2.  A bug i'm noticing is that when the phone goes to blank the screen, it will lock up if i let it time out.  if i manually blank the screen by hitting the power button I see the quick little blip as described but no issues.  Has anyone else seen this?  It appears to be intermittent on when it actually locks up and seems to occur after like 3-4 hours of uptime.  For now i'm just dealing with it by manually blanking the screen with the power button but if i forget its frustrating to have to reboot the phone. 

#774 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

So i've been running 4.4 with Aviator nightly from 12/31 and 1/4 since 1/2.  A bug i'm noticing is that when the phone goes to blank the screen, it will lock up if i let it time out.  if i manually blank the screen by hitting the power button I see the quick little blip as described but no issues.  Has anyone else seen this?  It appears to be intermittent on when it actually locks up and seems to occur after like 3-4 hours of uptime.  For now i'm just dealing with it by manually blanking the screen with the power button but if i forget its frustrating to have to reboot the phone. 

MP...

* Occasional Lock ups Yes, My Opinion it has to do with the Lock Screen that its set for 2,4,6 etc in minutes...

* The Blip you saw Holding the Power Button is Rebooting your Phone...

Not sure why its happening Yet...but will soon find out

#775 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

I'm not running this now but in older versions of CM and AOKP I had this problem.  Disabling the CRT animation you see when the screen goes out fixed it for me.  Might be worth a try.  Assuming this rom has that animation and the option to turn it off.

#776 legendarydave

legendarydave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

I have poor connectivity on this rom. I normally have full 4G access in my house on stock. Since starting to use this rom i notice that it never gets more than two bars at home. Maybe there is a setting that needs to be tweaked. Also, battery life compared to stock is awful. I used to be able to squeeze over 30 hours out of my 912, now i'm down to 16 hours. 

#777 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the info, and I'm going to show more noobiness.

On the Gapps...does it matter which file I flash if I only need one? and forgive me....what does its noted in the OP mean?

I flashed the newest gapps, and like I said, I am not seeing google maps or you tube, and who knows what else. Thank you for your patience with me.

:D Relax no one Will be short with you... You're walking in the same footprint we all walked in...
* Aviator Flash the Newest Gapp
* Aviator Gummy flash the Newest... Check the Dates it shows the last release
*OP... Original Post it's there
* Just download the Apps my friend you'll be fine

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

• Redalert likes this

#778 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

I have poor connectivity on this rom. I normally have full 4G access in my house on stock. Since starting to use this rom i notice that it never gets more than two bars at home. Maybe there is a setting that needs to be tweaked. Also, battery life compared to stock is awful. I used to be able to squeeze over 30 hours out of my 912, now i'm down to 16 hours.

1) my 4g full access @ home and in my area, even work area. This was me testing as I'm usually on WiFi all the time of course in my house, work and any other places I have WiFi to connect to. When not connected to WiFi my 4g has full connectivity.

2) I have not benched my battery life yet, compared to stock. What I can tell you about mine is I can go a day and a half on one charge, this is turning phone off at night, like I always do. This is tapping, surfing, once in a while dling. And some other top secret $hit, lol..

Posted Image

#779 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

1) my 4g full access @ home and in my area, even work area. This was me testing as I'm usually on WiFi all the time of course in my house, work and any other places I have WiFi to connect to. When not connected to WiFi my 4g has full connectivity.

2) I have not benched my battery life yet, compared to stock. What I can tell you about mine is I can go a day and a half on one charge, this is turning phone off at night, like I always do. This is tapping, surfing, once in a while dling. And some other top secret $hit, lol..

Stay off the "P" Sites(^_-)

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

• Redalert likes this

#780 MeltingPlastic

MeltingPlastic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

MP...

* Occasional Lock ups Yes, My Opinion it has to do with the Lock Screen that its set for 2,4,6 etc in minutes...

* The Blip you saw Holding the Power Button is Rebooting your Phone...

Not sure why its happening Yet...but will soon find out

Thanks for the response.  I know that holding down the phone was rebooting, i mean when you press the power button to shut the screen off(sleep) (a common glitch from what i've read in these posts).  And you may be right that it is the lock screen that does it, as just now it did it as i attempted to wake the phone up to send a text message.  Obviously may not be the right place to ask but is this an aviator thing or is this related CM?  I may switch to gummy to see if that does it also on my phone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, CM10.1, ROM, Cyanogenmod, ZKK007, CM11, 4.4, KitKat

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users