Photo

[ROM] [4.2.2 and 4.4] Aviator CM [03/20/14] Come and get some KitKat!

Aviator CM10.1 ROM Cyanogenmod ZKK007 CM11 4.4 KitKat

• Please log in to reply
1077 replies to this topic

#61 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

hellow is any one getting weak network..I'm feeling so ..

I am getting about the same signal strength as stock. Yes, this is worse than stock based ROMs, such as Aviator Blur, since there are tweaks that can be applied to boost signal strength that didn't work in CM10.1 or AOKP.

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#62 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

But I'm not getting any Pull down notification.... ??? Everytime I select to turn hotspot on, it just greys out and says "Turning hotspot on..." and then I noticed I can't even deselect it or turn my wifi back on until a reboot.

Have tried another Cache/Dalvik wipe. Fix permissions... and dirty flashed Rom over ontop again to no avail. Even uninstalled my other Wifi Tether apps and FoxFi which I had restored with TIBU before.

Booting into AOKP now to see if it is also continuinig the problem in the same manner as it was yesterday.

Try turning WiFi off before turning hotspot on.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#63 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Try turning WiFi off before turning hotspot on.

Tried that. Still not working. Is there anywhere within Applications or in TIBU I can clear "Tether/Hotspot" data or cache.

Somehow, I got this working on my AOKP install of this Rom.

#64 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Tried that. Still not working. Is there anywhere within Applications or in TIBU I can clear "Tether/Hotspot" data or cache.

Somehow, I got this working on my AOKP install of this Rom.

I'm not sure what has happened, but you might need to reflash (wiping the ROM slot). I can go straight to the hotspot page, press "Portable WiFi Hotspot" and connected once I entered the password. I had it blank once, and all I did was reboot (no wiping cache or anything) then turned off WiFi first and then pressed "Portable WiFi Hotspot" and all was good.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#65 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

I'm not sure what has happened, but you might need to reflash (wiping the ROM slot). I can go straight to the hotspot page, press "Portable WiFi Hotspot" and connected once I entered the password. I had it blank once, and all I did was reboot (no wiping cache or anything) then turned off WiFi first and then pressed "Portable WiFi Hotspot" and all was good.

I have gremlins in my phone. Just rebooted - no wipes or nothing.. Back in to CM10.1 and just tested hotspot via my tablet and it's working fine now. (odd)

BTW, is there any changes from Beta6 to the release version in the OP?

#66 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

Question
Who creates the password anyway is it me or is it created by my original Wifi set up?

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#67 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

Question Who creates the password anyway is it me or is it created by my original Wifi set up?Its Bubba"Stubborn In Your Bones"

There is an automatic password created, but you can enter your own.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#68 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

Yikes! Ok, I did something to mess things up. Now my [Home] key no longer functions in this Rom. I just booted back to AOKP and it is working fine there.

Only thing I can think of that I may have done is clearing Settings-Storage or something like that amongst my troubleshooting.... Any ideas?

#69 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

There is an automatic password created, but you can enter your own.

Is their a preference?

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#70 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Is their a preference?

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Only what you want to use :p I just use the one that's already there and click the "show password" so I can enter it into my computer.
  • The Persuader likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#71 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Something 'you' will suffice. Caps/lower/number combination shouldn't be easily guessed, but easy to enter. Whatever floats yer boat, dude!

sent via RazrMaxx over Tapatalk, y'all!

#72 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Only what you want to use :p I just use the one that's already there and click the "show password" so I can enter it into my computer.

You're Awesome and you are The Man
Thanks

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#73 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Update: Just set back up from complete scratch. Wiped the slot, even followed with individual wipes including system. Re-downloaded current ROM, followed the directions to a T. Haven't added any apps at all, only my purchased key for TIBU which I haven't even run yet. Tried the "Tethering & portable hotspot". When I select Portable Wi-Fi hotspot and turn it on, it just sits "Grayed out" saying "Turning hotspot on" but never does anything. I also went into "Set up Wi-Fi hotspot" and selected "Open" Network.

Again, This is with a completely fresh install as per directions.

Any ideas?

PS: I did get my home key functionality back. :rolleyes:

#74 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

Update: Just set back up from complete scratch. Wiped the slot, even followed with individual wipes including system. Re-downloaded current ROM, followed the directions to a T. Haven't added any apps at all, only my purchased key for TIBU which I haven't even run yet. Tried the "Tethering & portable hotspot". When I select Portable Wi-Fi hotspot and turn it on, it just sits "Grayed out" saying "Turning hotspot on" but never does anything. I also went into "Set up Wi-Fi hotspot" and selected "Open" Network.

Again, This is with a completely fresh install as per directions.

Any ideas?

PS: I did get my home key functionality back. :rolleyes:

Is your WiFi on at all? Reboot and turn your WiFi off, then try and connect.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#75 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Is your WiFi on at all? Reboot and turn your WiFi off, then try and connect.

Okay, that sort of worked but not really. Now I can apparently access/turn on/and attempt to use the tethering and according to my tablet, it's connected both trying "Open" and "Password-WPA or whatever..."

Problem: My tablet is not able to pull up anything, webpages, ect... act like no connection. Even tried Play Store on the tablet and it keeps saying "Retry" no connection.

On AOKP, I have this working fine.

#76 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Okay, that sort of worked but not really. Now I can apparently access/turn on/and attempt to use the tethering and according to my tablet, it's connected both trying "Open" and "Password-WPA or whatever..."

Problem: My tablet is not able to pull up anything, webpages, ect... act like no connection. Even tried Play Store on the tablet and it keeps saying "Retry" no connection.

On AOKP, I have this working fine.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm tethering just fine. I connected, loaded google.com and took a screenshot for you. I've uploaded the image and posted this post while tethering.

dIs7uUD.png

bWyLE9l.jpg

#77 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Lol I give up on this. And in all this screwing around, apparently when I did a "Factory Reset" in CM, it wiped out some apps I had installed in AOKP on the Sdcard storage so I'm busy restoring them. Urgggggg. Have no idea what's up with my phone.

#78 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Lol I give up on this. And in all this screwing around, apparently when I did a "Factory Reset" in CM, it wiped out some apps I had installed in AOKP on the Sdcard storage so I'm busy restoring them. Urgggggg. Have no idea what's up with my phone.

I'm sorry you're having this issue. I wish I could give you more options, but at this stage I can't seem to replicate your WiFi problem. Have you tired connecting to a computer?

bWyLE9l.jpg

#79 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

I'm sorry you're having this issue. I wish I could give you more options, but at this stage I can't seem to replicate your WiFi problem. Have you tired connecting to a computer?

You mean USB Tether option? No, I haven't tried that but will when I get home from work. Right now I'm battling a bit with AOKP and getting it straightned out. I swear I didn't even do or change anything with it but ever since I re-installed and wiped ect... Slot 1 CM10.1 (This ROM), Now I'm having issues in it. If they continue, I'll save the details for that thread.

Blah, about ready to throw in the towel and run Stock for awhile. Keep myself out of trouble, lol :wacko:

#80 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

You mean USB Tether option? No, I haven't tried that but will when I get home from work. Right now I'm battling a bit with AOKP and getting it straightned out. I swear I didn't even do or change anything with it but ever since I re-installed and wiped ect... Slot 1 CM10.1 (This ROM), Now I'm having issues in it. If they continue, I'll save the details for that thread.

Blah, about ready to throw in the towel and run Stock for awhile. Keep myself out of trouble, lol :wacko:

No, not the USB tether, but using hotspot to connect to a computer. If that works, then we know it's not CM with the issue. Just trying to problem solve :p

bWyLE9l.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, CM10.1, ROM, Cyanogenmod, ZKK007, CM11, 4.4, KitKat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users