Photo

[ROM] [4.2.2 and 4.4] Aviator CM [03/20/14] Come and get some KitKat!

Aviator CM10.1 ROM Cyanogenmod ZKK007 CM11 4.4 KitKat

• Please log in to reply
1077 replies to this topic

#1001 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Removing apps from you stock rom won't get you any extra space for this one. The apps you remove are on the stock rom. The stock rom partition knows nothing about safestrap slots. They are located at /data/apps on the stock rom. Not on the internal storage. The stock rom is on it's own partition. All you'll gain is space on the stock rom slot.

Well their you have it Folks..

I thought you did...but your right by the way you explained it...

Thank you...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1002 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

You may also want to Foot loose back to Stock and Remove any Apps you No longer use...Caution with the Verzion Updater if its not Frozen in Titatium ...

Now Goto:

• Settings....
  • Apps....
  • All
  • Chose Menu
  • Sort by Size
  • Backups should be in External SD...
This brings up All the Heavy's MB Apps first...Nice place to start to do a Little Dusting n Cleaning

Remember to Reboot after you've Removed...

Okay Red Alert...

Than Do this process in Safestrap for seeking more Data Space

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1003 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Move any pictures or videos that are on the internal storage to the external.  Also, any music files if you have any (although your music app may or may not see them there depending on whether it has support for the external card or not).  Check the TWRP folder and see what's in there.  If you've ever saved safestrap backups to your internal storage, they'll be in there.  Titanium Backup is another one.  If you have it, make sure it's not saving backups to the internal storage.  It saves them there by default so if you haven't changed the location for the backups, they'll be on the internal storage.  You can change that in Titanium Backup's options.  Change it to the external and then move the files off the internal to the folder you chose on the external.  Those are the first things that come to mind for things to check on.

#1004 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Videos, Pictures & Music is Known by All except for Noobs...but now they know moving forward...
Great job Robo

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1005 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Well their you have it Folks..

I thought you did...but your right by the way you explained it...

Thank you...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

There will probably be apps that save data on the internal storage.  Although that type of stuff usually doesn't amount to much.  A few Kilobytes here , a few megabytes there.  Doesn't add up to a whole lot though.  The big ones that do use it by default for data on mine are the ones I mentioned.  They are biggies.   ;)

• The Persuader likes this

#1006 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Videos, Pictures & Music is Known by All except for Noobs...but now they know moving forward...
Great job Robo

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Yeah, I kind of figured that but I thought I'd mention it.  I can't imagine what would be using all that space other than the things I mentioned.  Unless, you are using 3 gig rom slots or some such thing.  That would certainly do it.  If that's the case, you have two options that I can see.  Reduce the size of the slots or live with it the way it is.  Life's a beach sometimes.   :)

I can get by with 2 gig slots just fine.  1 gig will work for a while but eventually I'll run out of space on the rom.  I've just settled with having two 2 gig slots.  Like I said above, life's a ...... :)

• The Persuader likes this

#1007 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, I kind of figured that but I thought I'd mention it. I can't imagine what would be using all that space other than the things I mentioned. Unless, you are using 3 gig rom slots or some such thing. That would certainly do it. If that's the case, you have two options that I can see. Reduce the size of the slots or live with it the way it is. Life's a beach sometimes. :)

I can get by with 2 gig slots just fine. 1 gig will work for a while but eventually I'll run out of space on the rom. I've just settled with having two 2 gig slots. Like I said above, life's a ...... :)

Robo...You
Explained it very well my friend... Never hurts to bring to the Table Facts for Successful Results

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1008 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, I kind of figured that but I thought I'd mention it.  I can't imagine what would be using all that space other than the things I mentioned.  Unless, you are using 3 gig rom slots or some such thing.  That would certainly do it.  If that's the case, you have two options that I can see.  Reduce the size of the slots or live with it the way it is.  Life's a beach sometimes.   :)

I can get by with 2 gig slots just fine.  1 gig will work for a while but eventually I'll run out of space on the rom.  I've just settled with having two 2 gig slots.  Like I said above, life's a ...... :)

Robo,

I keep forgetting the Safestrap is 2nd Int...Or another Deck or Playing Field for Custom ROMs...and that it is seperate from the Stock ROM...On the Forum so must yaa Kinda think everything Flows as One...

#1009 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Yep.   :)  The stock rom slot is 8 gigabytes. So, if you flash a rom to that slot, you have a lot more room to play with. That said, I prefer to keep my stock rom stock.  Just in case.   ;)

Another thing that comes to mind is any games like Madden NFL (the one that comes with the phone when you buy it) or similar type games.  It uses a lot of space and when you start it and it downloads the files necessary for the game, I believe it puts them on the internal memory.  At least that's the way it used to be way back when.   :)  I'm sure there's other games like it that do the same.  If that's the case, you have to decide if you can do without them or not.  If you ever played that game on your stock slot, more than likely those files will be on the internal memory too.

#1010 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Madden & Games kick the Sheet with MBs...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1011 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Madden & Games kick the Sheet with MBs...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

FOR SURE!  :)

#1012 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Amen Brother Ben... ;) Ditto good Buddy ;)

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1013 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Note 3 / Razr Maxx / Droid2 / LG Ally / Moto Q / Nexus 10

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Removing apps from you stock rom won't get you any extra space for this one. The apps you remove are on the stock rom. The stock rom partition knows nothing about safestrap slots. They are located at /data/apps on the stock rom. Not on the internal storage. The stock rom is on it's own partition. All you'll gain is space on the stock rom slot.

Well, good point.. I'm aware. But if I'm rom'd and then get updates to apps and etc on stock. I get u got low storage on the stock... So means dude watch ur stock side storage... Meaning soon nothing else will be able to get installed on stock and slowdowns and sluggishness will be present, Until it poops the bed. What ever is installed on a rom takes away fr ol m storage on the stock as what I see.... This make sense, I know others have the same diiiiiiilemma.

Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4

Posted Image

#1014 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

OK all has been done and delt with at some point. 2 gig slots.... Maybe just maybe something is off not reading internal storage on stock and keeps popping up low storage and maybe that's not the case just a bug, Idk. I'm thinking. Ever thing has been done at some point as u and Mr. Persauder have mentioned. I'm not a noob at this. But 2 ROMs, 10.1 and 11 plus stock and my internal storage not so big = my sitch.... Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4
Posted Image

#1015 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

I think I will shoot my phone, and get a new one with 64 gig of internal memory then this talk will be nothing more than a few dudes geek talking bout our phones. Lol Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4
Posted Image

#1016 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

And yes I'm still lit from the 6 pack, I'm a lightweight at drinking. Bahahaga. Oh and i love a good bourbon... Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4
Posted Image

#1017 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

And yes I'm still lit from the 6 pack, I'm a lightweight at drinking. Bahahaga. Oh and Iike, like a good bourbon... Sent from the MAXX using Tapatalk4

Crazy Question:

How many Browsers do you have Flashed,

Can you Screenshot your Apps just to see what you have...If not, I do Understand...Currently I have over 100 Apps and I only use 1 GB for each Slot...

#1018 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Yep.   :)  The stock rom slot is 8 gigabytes. So, if you flash a rom to that slot, you have a lot more room to play with. That said, I prefer to keep my stock rom stock.  Just in case.   ;)

Another thing that comes to mind is any games like Madden NFL (the one that comes with the phone when you buy it) or similar type games.  It uses a lot of space and when you start it and it downloads the files necessary for the game, I believe it puts them on the internal memory.  At least that's the way it used to be way back when.   :)  I'm sure there's other games like it that do the same.  If that's the case, you have to decide if you can do without them or not.  If you ever played that game on your stock slot, more than likely those files will be on the internal memory too.

Question___

I was thinking about what you said about Stock Not giving Extra Space...If your Stock (Rooted) you have to be on Safestrap right...So If I delete any Stock Rooted Apps this would give me More Space In Safestrap to give me more Space for Flashing a New ROM in a Slot...

Understanding Hard Stock is Not part of Safestrap...but Stock Rooted is...Somethings tell me I did clean up some Dead Apps and it allow me to Flash a New Slot...Creating a New Slot will need to have 1925 or 1950

#1019 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Go here....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[How-To]-Free-up-Space-On-Internal-Storage#entry305008 follow the instructions :) .... it can free up lots and lots of internal space for you..... then you can grab this....

.... (run booted into stock slot)

:) you should notice an improvement in both storage space and app space... it will also speed up your custom ROM(s) in your slot(s)....:)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1020 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Go here....

[How-To]-Free-up-Space-On-Internal-Storage#entry305008 follow the instructions :) .... it can free up lots and lots of internal space for you..... then you can grab this....

.... (run booted into stock slot)

:) you should notice an improvement in both storage space and app space... it will also speed up your custom ROM(s) in your slot(s).... :)

Now, I will have to try this...Its the Third Time you Forwarded something you believe to be Successful...So I will try...

Thanks Man, I dont have Issues with Either Internal or External SD...but If I can get a Safety Net Of Extra Space...

"All Good Under The Hood" for me ...

Thanks for all your Wisdom...Watch you Posts Often...

Its Bubba

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, CM10.1, ROM, Cyanogenmod, ZKK007, CM11, 4.4, KitKat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users