Photo

[ROM] [4.2.2 and 4.4] Aviator CM [03/20/14] Come and get some KitKat!

Aviator CM10.1 ROM Cyanogenmod ZKK007 CM11 4.4 KitKat

• Please log in to reply
1077 replies to this topic

#1021 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

Be forewarned tho..... that script WILL wipe out everything on STOCK SLOT that is not necessary for it to boot..... meaning, it will still boot..... but have almost zero functionality..... :)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1022 king12yan

king12yan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

I keep having issues with CM11 rom losing mobile data, it happened twice today in a couple of hour period.  I have to reboot to get it back which is fine but it takes 3 mins to reboot.  My questions are is there away to get the mobile data back with out rebooting?  Does the gummy rom have this issue?  I'm about to go back to the 4.2 rom which should have a stable data right? 

#1023 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

I keep having issues with CM11 rom losing mobile data, it happened twice today in a couple of hour period. I have to reboot to get it back which is fine but it takes 3 mins to reboot. My questions are is there away to get the mobile data back with out rebooting? Does the gummy rom have this issue? I'm about to go back to the 4.2 rom which should have a stable data right?

If coming from a different ROM...did you do the Wipes prior to flashing or maybe a Bad D-Load...if. So Reflash

Good Luck

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1024 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I keep having issues with CM11 rom losing mobile data, it happened twice today in a couple of hour period.  I have to reboot to get it back which is fine but it takes 3 mins to reboot.  My questions are is there away to get the mobile data back with out rebooting?  Does the gummy rom have this issue?  I'm about to go back to the 4.2 rom which should have a stable data right? 

You can try going into settings>data usage/more>mobile networks.  Press on Network mode and then select GSM/UMTS.  This is how it is on stock so I'm not sure if it's quite the same on CM but in the end, you want to set it to GSM only or whatever it is.  Let it do it's thing, then set it to LTE/CDMA.  With any luck, you'll get your data back.

If that doesn't do it you can try it another way although I would think it would be the same thing.  Can't hurt to try it though.  Open your dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* then select phone information.  Scroll down a little bit to where it says "set preferred network type" and change it to GSM only.  The screen will flash a bit, then set it to LTE/CDMA/EVDO.  Again, with any luck, it'll reconnect.  It sounds like a lot but once you do it a time or two, it doesn't take very long.  Anytime I've been running any AOSP based rom and lost data, either one of these solutions would get it back for me. 

#1025 king12yan

king12yan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

If coming from a different ROM...did you do the Wipes prior to flashing or maybe a Bad D-Load...if. So Reflash

Good Luck

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I created a new slot and installed fresh I have done this a couple of time and I seem to be having the issue everytime.  It seems like it has gotten worse I today I had to reboot 4 times.  This is the first time I have had to do that normally its once every couple of days.

#1026 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

I created a new slot and installed fresh I have done this a couple of time and I seem to be having the issue everytime. It seems like it has gotten worse I today I had to reboot 4 times. This is the first time I have had to do that normally its once every couple of days.

When you say you Created a New Slot did you
* Wipe both caches
* Factory
* System
After you created this slot...than
Flash A 10.1...Gapp than Reboot

Those issues...
My guess you may have forgotten to Flash Gapp or the wrong Gapp...after flashing 10.1 Aviator

Also 10.1 should be in Slot 1 no exceptions

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

• Redalert likes this

#1027 king12yan

king12yan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

When you say you Created a New Slot did you * Wipe both caches * Factory * System After you created this slot...than Flash A 10.1...Gapp than Reboot Those issues... My guess you may have forgotten to Flash Gapp or the wrong Gapp...after flashing 10.1 Aviator Also 10.1 should be in Slot 1 no exceptions It's Bubba "Stubborn In Your Bones"

I did install in slot 1 I'm installing CM 11.  I did wipe both caches I don't know if I did the Factory and system though.  Maybe I will try to re install it all again and wipe everything one more time.  

It seems like this is not a normal issue and know one else is having this issue so I must not be doing something correct.   Are you running CM 10.1 or CM 11?

#1028 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

I did install in slot 1 I'm installing CM 11. I did wipe both caches I don't know if I did the Factory and system though. Maybe I will try to re install it all again and wipe everything one more time.

It seems like this is not a normal issue and know one else is having this issue so I must not be doing something correct. Are you running CM 10.1 or CM 11?

Both...
Before you start again... Read the instruction in the OP

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1029 king12yan

king12yan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

is deleting the rom and re creating it the same as factory wiping it?  Just curious original I had a CM 10.1 installed on slot 1 but I deleted that rom and created a new one to install CM 11.  After I create a new slot I should still do a factory wipe.

#1030 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

is deleting the rom and re creating it the same as factory wiping it? Just curious original I had a CM 10.1 installed on slot 1 but I deleted that rom and created a new one to install CM 11. After I create a new slot I should still do a factory wipe.

Note:
CM 11 any Slot is okay

* Deleting the ROM in Safestrap is Deleting...
* Recreating in Safestrap is to flash a New ROM
*Before you Flash your New ROM...
Create the Slot as I mentioned before...once you chose 1 GB...choose Create...once its finished... Then you...
- Wipe both caches
- Factory
- System
- Install ROM from SD Card
- Than Gapp
- Reboot

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1031 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Note:
CM 11 any Slot is okay

* Deleting the ROM in Safestrap is Deleting...
* Recreating in Safestrap is to flash a New ROM
*Before you Flash your New ROM...
Create the Slot as I mentioned before...once you chose 1 GB...choose Create...once its finished... Then you...
- Wipe both caches
- Factory
- System
- Install ROM from SD Card
- Than Gapp
- Reboot

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I've had good luck with this exact procedure along with one additional step.

Before I delete a given slot with a current ROM installed, I do a complete wipe and then I delete the slot.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#1032 andymac111

andymac111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

I did install in slot 1 I'm installing CM 11. I did wipe both caches I don't know if I did the Factory and system though. Maybe I will try to re install it all again and wipe everything one more time.

It seems like this is not a normal issue and know one else is having this issue so I must not be doing something correct. Are you running CM 10.1 or CM 11?

I have actually had a similar problem. For me, I lose the data connection randomly. It does not require a reboot though. I usually just toggle the connection off and on, and it fixes when turned back on and reconnects. I have also had problems with Gmail receiving emails when they are sent. They don't arrive until later. I am assuming this issue is because of the first one.
I also find that after going from 3G from 4G coverage, the connection will remain 3G sometimes and not return to 4G when my wife's exact phone has a 4G signal right next to me. The same toggle off/on solution seems to solve it.
I am running the most recently nightlies of CM11. Funny thing, I didn't have this issue with aviator, which my wife's phone is running.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#1033 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

New build is uploading! Changed screen resolution (DPI) to stock 240. Removed Advanced Power Menu. Similar options can be found in settings>developer options>advanced reboot.

I will push this via OTA later today.

Enjoy! :D

• Redalert likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#1034 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

You're Da Man Mr ZKK007...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

• Redalert likes this

#1035 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Additional question_

On the New Build... Should we-

* Wipes both Caches Only
* Or a Full Court Press meaning:
* Both Caches
* Factory
* System
* Even the Possibility of Creating a Clean Slot...
* Ya... Reboot this Sucker too

Thoughts

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1036 tyscheff

tyscheff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Twitter:tyscheff
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX_Aviator Blur

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Flashing now, will report back sometime tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. It's currently 11:30pm EST time here

[Edit] - P.S. - I've missed you ZKK007...

#1037 tyscheff

tyscheff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

Well...the only thing that I had to do was run wifical.sh....I feel like I just bought a new phone. AMAZING JOB!!!!! IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY!  Besides the fact that I haven't tried Bluetooth yet. GPS, Camera, HD, rabble rabble rabble works. Will check in later this afternoon :D    :D  

[Edit 1] - Tested GPS Nav this morning. Noticed that the GPS tile wasn't lit, but GPS worked fine on GMaps. I'm going to go ahead and say no big deal considering it works well :)

[Edit 2] - changed the apn network for vzw XT912 using good ol #*#* trick to cdma/lte, rebooted and gps tile is live! Still flying high!

Edited by tyscheff, 21 February 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#1038 vanwho

vanwho

VanWho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx xt912

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Just an FYI.  The new 02-21 CM11 Nightly has many Kernal updates for our device, that deals with fixing the total signal loss many have been dealing with.  ZK, it might be something that you want to do another build with these updates to fix the signal loss issues.  It just stinks that you just did a build that is one day too early.  You may already know this, but I wanted to let you know if not.

#1039 tyscheff

tyscheff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

Just an FYI.  The new 02-21 CM11 Nightly has many Kernal updates for our device, that deals with fixing the total signal loss many have been dealing with.  ZK, it might be something that you want to do another build with these updates to fix the signal loss issues.  It just stinks that you just did a build that is one day too early.  You may already know this, but I wanted to let you know if not.

I have yet to have a signal drop :)  

#1040 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Just an FYI. The new 02-21 CM11 Nightly has many Kernal updates for our device, that deals with fixing the total signal loss many have been dealing with. ZK, it might be something that you want to do another build with these updates to fix the signal loss issues. It just stinks that you just did a build that is one day too early. You may already know this, but I wanted to let you know if not.

Yeah, I saw that :p I'll get around to another update when I can :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

• tyscheff likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, CM10.1, ROM, Cyanogenmod, ZKK007, CM11, 4.4, KitKat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users