Photo

[ROM] [xt912] [JB .16] Blurry 2.2 (Official Build 10-18-13)

• Please log in to reply
1287 replies to this topic

#1221 matthew6279

matthew6279

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

This update that has come out. I cleared my phone and went back to stock rom and installed the update. Now, in stock rom, when I check for updates there is nothing. When I install Blurry I get the notice to install the update which then won't load the rom. Is this just because the update is not built in to Blurry? Also I don't have updater.apk on my phone, or I can't find it but I do have OTA updater. Is this the same program to freeze? Just making sure. Thanks!

#1222 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

This update that has come out. I cleared my phone and went back to stock rom and installed the update. Now, in stock rom, when I check for updates there is nothing. When I install Blurry I get the notice to install the update which then won't load the rom. Is this just because the update is not built in to Blurry? Also I don't have updater.apk on my phone, or I can't find it but I do have OTA updater. Is this the same program to freeze? Just making sure. Thanks!

The OTA Updater is the one used by the dev. If you are getting the message then you have one name just Updater somewhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#1223 matthew6279

matthew6279

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

The OTA Updater is the one used by the dev. If you are getting the message then you have one name just Updater somewhere.

I found it. Can I make a back up of it and delete it? Then when needed move it from my back up back to phone?

#1224 bingo6104

bingo6104

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

I have a question. I know its not the ROM. About 3 or so months of use it bogs down and my phone is slow . Especially with chrome. A lot of times when I open chrome it takes for ever to be able to use it. It freezes for a bit and gets annoying. I am sure this would fix if I start fresh with the ROM and install everything back with tb. I am just wondering what other options their could be. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1225 matthew6279

matthew6279

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

I have a question. I know its not the ROM. About 3 or so months of use it bogs down and my phone is slow . Especially with chrome. A lot of times when I open chrome it takes for ever to be able to use it. It freezes for a bit and gets annoying. I am sure this would fix if I start fresh with the ROM and install everything back with tb. I am just wondering what other options their could be. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Have you tried clearing the cache?

#1226 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

Have you tried clearing the cache?

Try this Cleaner:
* Cache Cleaner NG...set every 12 Hours
* Get rid of Chrome...its a Real pain in the Glass...On my Laptop not much better...nice features to many conflicts

My opinion

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1227 bingo6104

bingo6104

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

Yeah I use cc,I have it set for 24, I'll change it to every 12.
Any other recommendations on browsers? I like chrome how it syncs to my PC but its getting to annoying now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1228 matthew6279

matthew6279

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

Yeah I use cc,I have it set for 24, I'll change it to every 12.
Any other recommendations on browsers? I like chrome how it syncs to my PC but its getting to annoying now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have not had many problems with Chrome. I have only been on thos ROM for a month or so though. I run cc every 24 hours. Dolphin gets high reviews. But, I use Chrome for the sync benefits as I use it on all my computers and tablet.

#1229 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

I have not had many problems with Chrome. I have only been on thos ROM for a month or so though. I run cc every 24 hours. Dolphin gets high reviews. But, I use Chrome for the sync benefits as I use it on all my computers and tablet.

Dolphin... Agreed...

Chrome... Gave it an honest Shake...doesn't play with any of my current ROMs

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1230 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Use the stock browser.  It syncs too. Well, bookmarks anyway and that's all I really care about.  I gave up on Chrome and all it's sluggishness.  Too slow for me.  

• bingo6104 likes this

#1231 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Use the stock browser. It syncs too. Well, bookmarks anyway and that's all I really care about. I gave up on Chrome and all it's sluggishness. Too slow for me.

Use any other Browser except Chrome...Stock is Not your only Option for a Browser

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1232 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Stock is Not your only Option for a Browser Its Bubba "Stubborn In Your Bones"

It is if you want it to sync with your desktop chrome.  As far as I know anyway. ;)

#1233 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

It is if you want it to sync with your desktop chrome. As far as I know anyway. ;)

Correct...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1234 matthew6279

matthew6279

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Is it possible to delete the downloaded update??

#1235 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Is it possible to delete the downloaded update??

Yeah it should be in your cache folder

#1236 matthew6279

matthew6279

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Yeah it should be in your cache folder

I looked there and found nothing. I installed this updated when I was stock and when I revert back to stock there is no update and I do not get the  install update notice. Only when on this ROM. So maybe it's just because the update is not built in to the ROM??

#1237 ultrapain

ultrapain

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hopefully you have everything functional now.  Looks like you installed the new Moto update that was pushed.  I never deleted the OTA update apk in the ROMs /system because I thought the OG razr would never see another update.  You can manually delete or freeze that BlurUpdater apk to get rid of the annoying message.

What if a dummy like me accepted the download?  I too am in that continuous loop.  Is there any way of stopping the update from retrying after reboot?  This will sound ridiculous, but the only thing I REALLY care about losing on this ROM images is my Candy Crush progress, which has been quite a bit since I started using this ROM.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

#1238 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

What if a dummy like me accepted the download? I too am in that continuous loop. Is there any way of stopping the update from retrying after reboot? This will sound ridiculous, but the only thing I REALLY care about losing on this ROM images is my Candy Crush progress, which has been quite a bit since I started using this ROM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just link Candy Crush to your Facebook and it doesn't matter what device you use you will start at the same place.

• Memnoch73 likes this

#1239 ultrapain

ultrapain

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Just link Candy Crush to your Facebook and it doesn't matter what device you use you will start at the same place.

I had done that previously but when you do that you hit a certain point where they want you to pay for more levels for some reason so I disconnected it.  I can't reconnect now because of the reboot thing.

#1240 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

I had done that previously but when you do that you hit a certain point where they want you to pay for more levels for some reason so I disconnected it. I can't reconnect now because of the reboot thing.

You don't have to pay more you can ask your friends for help. I never pay to advance levels.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)