Photo

[ROM] [xt912] [JB .16] Blurry 2.2 (Official Build 10-18-13)

• Please log in to reply
1287 replies to this topic

#1261 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

It's because blurry is a stock based rom. Eye dea figured there would not be any more updates from Verizon for the og RAZR so he didn't do away with the updater. Freeze the updater apk with titanium backup or some such app and it will stop pushing the alert to update.

Galaxy nexus running beanstalk 4.4.2

Wow!!!
I forgot Blurry is Stock Driven...Thanks for the reminder...

Froze Updater...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1262 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Wow!!!
I forgot Blurry is Stock Driven...Thanks for the reminder...

Froze Updater...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

No problem sir. Same thing was happening to my wife's maxx last week and she's on blurry. I Hit up eye dea and he had the solution as he always does.

#1263 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

No problem sir. Same thing was happening to my wife's maxx last week and she's on blurry. I Hit up eye dea and he had the solution as he always does.

Thanks again my friend...

Time to get a New Device...The RAZR Maxx has become very quite for New ROMs...

Still performs Awesome

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1264 faminsk

faminsk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

Correct. After reboot it should show up in your app drawer. no need to install.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

I followed these instructions and rebooted the phone. There is no trace of Motocast on my phone. Not where the apps show up or in installed applications list.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• OldBaldy likes this

#1265 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:10 AM

I followed these instructions and rebooted the phone. There is no trace of Motocast on my phone. Not where the apps show up or in installed applications list.

Any ideas?

If it's in system/apps and the permissions are ok, then it should work. I just reloaded my blurry backup and it works for me. Check to make sure you have cce.apk there, but that's part of the blurry rom so it should be.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#1266 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

I wouldn't bother trying to get motocast working. Looks like Moto pulled the plug on it. You can't connect to the server from anything (phone or pc) anymore. Don't know if it's permanent, but the only thing Moto tier 3 could offer is that it's scheduled for EOL this year and to switch to Google play.

#1267 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Thanks again my friend...

Time to get a New Device...The RAZR Maxx has become very quite for New ROMs...

Still performs Awesome

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I hear you bro. I wish that nexus 5 was on Verizon. That would be my next phone hands down.

Galaxy nexus running bean stalk 4.4.2

#1268 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

I hear you bro. I wish that nexus 5 was on Verizon. That would be my next phone hands down.

Galaxy nexus running bean stalk 4.4.2

Dude Couldn't agree with you more...
Its All about The Carrier Support for your Device and your comfort choices... But the Carrier may not be of Our Choosing for long team support

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1269 rwrutl

rwrutl

Droid Devotee'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCleveland TN

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

I Installed this rom on a friends phone and all seems well, love the mods and the overall performance. Many thanks to eye_dea and others responsible for it, however since we are using free versions of TiBu, which won't freeze the updater, the file (some update file) actually downloaded to the phone and I'm wondering if it will cause a bootloop. We keep postponing the install, so I wanted to ask for any suggestions to disabling the potential installation. The primary reason for installing Blurry was to regress back to some previous version of JB because a recent patch/minor update had been causing screen lag/ UI issues. So now that the file is already on the phone, I was just gonna backup/uninstall the updater apk with TiBu and stop the notifications, but was hoping to delete the update file altogether. If anyone can suggest where to find the file I would be appreciative. Again thanks in advance and to the entire Android community. . .  Droid Rocks !

• eye__dea likes this

#1270 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:10 AM

I Installed this rom on a friends phone and all seems well, love the mods and the overall performance. Many thanks to eye_dea and others responsible for it, however since we are using free versions of TiBu, which won't freeze the updater, the file (some update file) actually downloaded to the phone and I'm wondering if it will cause a bootloop. We keep postponing the install, so I wanted to ask for any suggestions to disabling the potential installation. The primary reason for installing Blurry was to regress back to some previous version of JB because a recent patch/minor update had been causing screen lag/ UI issues. So now that the file is already on the phone, I was just gonna backup/uninstall the updater apk with TiBu and stop the notifications, but was hoping to delete the update file altogether. If anyone can suggest where to find the file I would be appreciative. Again thanks in advance and to the entire Android community. . .  Droid Rocks !

Shouldn't cause any Bootloops what so ever,

Quite sure the Updater needs to be Frozen in TiBu...Thats what I've done so Not to take the VZ Update...

Note,

Small price to pay for the Upgrade to TiBu to Save Root...If your on Blurry or VZ Stock (Rooted)...You need to Freeze...If the Updater is Not Caught to Postpone the Install...

Could be other Apps too that dont have to be Purchased to do the same...Not aware of any course I havent looked either

Well...

You know Now...Root will be "End of Story"...Done :(

Lag with your ROM...Get a Good Cache Cleaner...Like Cache Cleaner NG...Set it to 12 Hours and Also just some Questionable Apps that may be causing you Lags...

Note,

If you do NOT Freeze the Updater...You will LOOSE ROOT for Sure

#1271 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

You'll find the update in /cache.  You can delete it there.  If you can uninstall the updater with Titanium that will be fine.  Otherwise you can rename, or delete the file manually. You'll find it in /system/app.  It's named BlurUpdater_VZW.apk

Don't install the update on this rom.  My brother did on a custom rom on his phone and it bootlooped his phone.  I told him to just reinstall his rom without wiping anything and that got him going again with no harm done in the end but............  

• eye__dea likes this

#1272 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

You'll find the update in /cache.  You can delete it there.  If you can uninstall the updater with Titanium that will be fine.  Otherwise you can rename, or delete the file manually. You'll find it in /system/app.  It's named BlurUpdater_VZW.apk

Don't install the update on this rom.  My brother did on a custom rom on his phone and it bootlooped his phone.  I told him to just reinstall his rom without wiping anything and that got him going again with no harm done in the end but............  

NO ROOT

#1273 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Well, titanium backup was mentioned so I just assumed..... ;-)

• The Persuader likes this

#1274 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

You'll find the update in /cache. You can delete it there. If you can uninstall the updater with Titanium that will be fine. Otherwise you can rename, or delete the file manually. You'll find it in /system/app. It's named BlurUpdater_VZW.apk

Exactly

#1275 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Exactly

Question-
Why would you want to remove the Updater...wouldn't this cause issues by Renaming or removing for future updates...I know this is VZ OTA...probably no more updates...

Its easier to just freeze it with Tibu

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1276 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:03 AM

You want to get rid of it because you don't want to install any OTA updates on this rom. Even if you get rid of it you'll still be able to update if you want. Remember; you're only removing it from this rom. If a new update should ever happen you can still boot back to the stock slot and take the update there. The stock rom is the only rom you want to install any OTA from Verizon on. Only reason I can think of that you'd want to do that would be if they'd change the kernel and it added some new function that was useful to us. Or, if we'd get an entire new OS update like kit kat. When you flash any of these custom roms you aren't flashing the kernel with it. Only system files. The bootloader is locked so we can't flash a kernel unless it's an official one from Motorola. They are digitally signed and without the signature, the flash will fail. The only exception to this would be on the kexec roms. That's another story though. :)

As for freezing it vs deleting it or renaming it; yes freezing it would probably be easier but not everybody has Titanium and for those people renaming or deleting it would be an alternative.

Bottom line is the updater is useless on this or any other custom rom as it will more likely than not just cause you a bunch of grief if you should happen to accidently install it on this or any other rom other than the stock rom. No need to keep it. Get rid of it one way or another. ;)

#1277 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

You want to get rid of it because you don't want to install any OTA updates on this rom. Even if you get rid of it you'll still be able to update if you want. Remember; you're only removing it from this rom. If a new update should ever happen you can still boot back to the stock slot and take the update there. The stock rom is the only rom you want to install any OTA from Verizon on. Only reason I can think of that you'd want to do that would be if they'd change the kernel and it added some new function that was useful to us. Or, if we'd get an entire new OS update like kit kat. When you flash any of these custom roms you aren't flashing the kernel with it. Only system files. The bootloader is locked so we can't flash a kernel unless it's an official one from Motorola. They are digitally signed and without the signature, the flash will fail. The only exception to this would be on the kexec roms. That's another story though. :)

As for freezing it vs deleting it or renaming it; yes freezing it would probably be easier but not everybody has Titanium and for those people renaming or deleting it would be an alternative.

Bottom line is the updater is useless on this or any other custom rom as it will more likely than not just cause you a bunch of grief if you should happen to accidently install it on this or any other rom other than the stock rom. No need to keep it. Get rid of it one way or another. ;)

Robo-
I'm not deleting anything or even Updater...see No Point...

Updater is driven by Stock Based ROMs right!!!

That's the reason for being prompted to Install OTA by VZW....

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1278 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Even tho I was prompt on Blurry several time with OTA...don't believe it would work because were on Safestrap...(2 Int)

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1279 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

It won't work on this or any other custom rom.  That's why I say get rid of it.  One way or another. ;)

#1280 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

It won't work on this or any other custom rom. That's why I say get rid of it. One way or another. ;)

;)
I knew that too...but now the Big Question:
Did you Install the New OTA .165 from VZ...
Curious if anyone lost Root...especially after they Power Down...than Reboot...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users