Photo

[ROM] [xt912] [JB .16] Blurry 2.2 (Official Build 10-18-13)

• Please log in to reply
1287 replies to this topic

#1241 ultrapain

ultrapain

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

You don't have to pay more you can ask your friends for help. I never pay to advance levels.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm not asking my friends for help.  Frankly, when my friends do that crap it makes me want to un-friend them.  I hate the game spam.  It's a free game.  Just let me play it for free.  If I don't associate it with my FB account then I don't have to, so that idea in and of itself is stupid.

The problem remains as to if I can now undo the phone trying to apply this update or if I have to delete the ROM slot and recreate it.  I booted to the factory ROM but this did not help.

#1242 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

I'm not asking my friends for help. Frankly, when my friends do that crap it makes me want to un-friend them. I hate the game spam. It's a free game. Just let me play it for free. If I don't associate it with my FB account then I don't have to, so that idea in and of itself is stupid.

The problem remains as to if I can now undo the phone trying to apply this update or if I have to delete the ROM slot and recreate it. I booted to the factory ROM but this did not help.

Yeah, your slot is corrupt. Sorry bud. Never thought the og razr would see another update so I didn't delete the updater apk. Sorry.

#1243 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, your slot is corrupt. Sorry bud. Never thought the og razr would see another update so I didn't delete the updater apk. Sorry.

I didn't accept the update but is there anyway to patch it for those that have?

#1244 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'm not asking my friends for help. Frankly, when my friends do that crap it makes me want to un-friend them. I hate the game spam. It's a free game. Just let me play it for free. If I don't associate it with my FB account then I don't have to, so that idea in and of itself is stupid.

The problem remains as to if I can now undo the phone trying to apply this update or if I have to delete the ROM slot and recreate it. I booted to the factory ROM but this did not help.

You asked for help. I just told you how to get what you were looking for. Tell us what you want the answer to be next time and we can tell you what you want to hear when if it isn't possible.

#1245 ultrapain

ultrapain

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

You asked for help. I just told you how to get what you were looking for. Tell us what you want the answer to be next time and we can tell you what you want to hear when if it isn't possible.

I think my reply was worded poorly, which is why you seem to have taken offense to what I said.  When I said "so that idea in and of itself is stupid", I was referring to the app not behaving the same with regard to level progression when synced vs. when not synced - not your suggestion.  I could easily see my statement being perceived incorrectly, so for that I apologize.  I very much appreciate the suggestion/help, and all the work done with regard to these ROMs.  I'll be sure to choose my words more carefully in the future.  Sorry for any confusion.

eye_dea answered the overall problem.  Just gotta see if I can move the few pictures I have on internal memory to my memory card.

Thanks all!

#1246 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

I had done that previously but when you do that you hit a certain point where they want you to pay for more levels for some reason so I disconnected it.  I can't reconnect now because of the reboot thing.

For future reference you can be signed in to FB until the end of the level then just log out of FB in the Candy crush app and it will let you play the 3 mystery levels to unlock the next stage. Then sign back in to FB

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1247 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

I looked there and found nothing. I installed this updated when I was stock and when I revert back to stock there is no update and I do not get the  install update notice. Only when on this ROM. So maybe it's just because the update is not built in to the ROM??

If you installed the update on your stock rom the file won't be there.  It gets deleted after the installation.  If you're getting prompted to install it on a custom rom you have installed on one of your slots in safestrap you can use Titanium Backup to freeze it. In Titanium Backup, just use the filter thing and type in updater.  You'll find it that way.  If you don't have TB, you should be able to accomplish the same thing by just renaming the file to whatever you want.  It's located in /system/apps and is named BlurUpdater_VZW.apk.  

For those who have installed the update on one of their custom roms and are stuck in a boot loop, try reflashing the rom (wipe dalvik and cache, don't wipe data).  My brother did the same thing and I told him to give that a try and it worked.  He said it booted fine and everything was just as it was before he installed the update.  No need to start all over.  At least not for him.  It can't hurt to try.  Worst thing that can happen is you're still stuck in the boot loop and best scenario you have your rom back.   ;)

#1248 ultrapain

ultrapain

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

If you installed the update on your stock rom the file won't be there.  It gets deleted after the installation.  If you're getting prompted to install it on a custom rom you have installed on one of your slots in safestrap you can use Titanium Backup to freeze it. In Titanium Backup, just use the filter thing and type in updater.  You'll find it that way.  If you don't have TB, you should be able to accomplish the same thing by just renaming the file to whatever you want.  It's located in /system/apps and is named BlurUpdater_VZW.apk.  

For those who have installed the update on one of their custom roms and are stuck in a boot loop, try reflashing the rom (wipe dalvik and cache, don't wipe data).  My brother did the same thing and I told him to give that a try and it worked.  He said it booted fine and everything was just as it was before he installed the update.  No need to start all over.  At least not for him.  It can't hurt to try.  Worst thing that can happen is you're still stuck in the boot loop and best scenario you have your rom back.   ;)

Thank you for the reply. Forgive my newbie-ness, but could you please describe the process of re-flashing the ROM slot? Sounds like it works so I wanna make sure I do it right. Thanks!

#1249 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

try reflashing the rom (wipe dalvik and cache, don't wipe data). 

Thank you for the reply. Forgive my newbie-ness, but could you please describe the process of re-flashing the ROM slot? Sounds like it works so I wanna make sure I do it right. Thanks!

That's all. make sure you are on the correct rom slot, wipe dalvik and cache then flash the rom zip

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1250 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

If that doesn't work, you can try wiping system, dalvik and cache (not data) and then flash it again.  My brother didn't have to wipe system but the way these phones are, what works for some doesn't always seem to work for others.  Trying it this way would be the next thing I'd try.  No guarantees but, like before, the damage is done.  You can't hurt anything by trying. 

• Memnoch73 likes this

#1251 faminsk

faminsk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

I'm trying to install Motocast and it keeps telling me that the device is not supported.

I have it installed on the stock ROM with no issues. Any ideas?

#1252 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

I'm trying to install Motocast and it keeps telling me that the device is not supported.

I have it installed on the stock ROM with no issues. Any ideas?

You need to pull motocast from a deodexed stick you build and put it in system app. I don't recall if you also need the Moto services or not, but if it's not in the system app directory put it there also. Change the permissions to 644 and reboot. If you can't find the files let me know and I'll try and dig them up again.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#1253 faminsk

faminsk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

You need to pull motocast from a deodexed stick you build and put it in system app. I don't recall if you also need the Moto services or not, but if it's not in the system app directory put it there also. Change the permissions to 644 and reboot. If you can't find the files let me know and I'll try and dig them up again.

OK. I'm going to show my newbieness. "Build a deodexed stick"? I think I'll need some more detailed steps. I understand things like permissions but don't know how to get to them on the phone. I don't gave too many tools but that can be easily rectified.

Just to make sure you understand I loaded this ROM based on the zip file provided. I tried to add Motocast through the Play Store and I got the above message.

Forgive my ignorance. Thanks for the help.

#1254 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Sorry, autocorrect was working overtime on that post. The version on playstore won't load to the Razr as Moto included it in their stock Rom. I checked blurry and all you need is the deodexed motocast apk. Here's a link to it. Just copy the apk to /system/app and change its permissions to -rw-r--r- , reboot and it should show up in your app drawer.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tfwu6gdtdgqkl1/MotoCast.apk

#1255 faminsk

faminsk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Sorry, autocorrect was working overtime on that post. The version on playstore won't load to the Razr as Moto included it in their stock Rom. I checked blurry and all you need is the deodexed motocast apk. Here's a link to it. Just copy the apk to /system/app and change its permissions to -rw-r--r- , reboot and it should show up in your app drawer.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

What app do I use to change the permissions? And I don't need to install it? Again, forgive my ignorance. I have the ES file manager.

#1256 faminsk

faminsk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

What app do I use to change the permissions? And I don't need to install it? Again, forgive my ignorance. I have the ES file manager.

I figured out how to change the permissions. I'll give it a go.

#1257 faminsk

faminsk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Here's how I changed the permissions... Owner - rw, group - r, other - r. Is that correct?

#1258 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Here's how I changed the permissions... Owner - rw, group - r, other - r. Is that correct?

Correct. After reboot it should show up in your app drawer. no need to install.

#1259 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Why I'm I getting Stock Rooted Updates on Blurry...

Its on Safestrap...guessing it doesn't Update or does it...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1260 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

It's because blurry is a stock based rom. Eye dea figured there would not be any more updates from Verizon for the og RAZR so he didn't do away with the updater. Freeze the updater apk with titanium backup or some such app and it will stop pushing the alert to update.

Galaxy nexus running beanstalk 4.4.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users