Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

is this compatible with xt910??

No, this flashes the CDMA fastboot file. Root and the other tools would most likely work.

#82 Guest_jmonroe0914_*

Guest_jmonroe0914_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Thanks =] This is easily the best tool out there

#83 blankemail

blankemail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:blankemail

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

i recently flashed .79 ICS and i no longer have the "charge only" option when connecting to USB, and i cannot restore root with Voodoo :(

I know i can just FB back to .181 but i would like to check out some leak only ROMs first. How do i enable "charge only" mode on .79 so i can use this utility to root my phone?

EDIT** the only options i have when i plug into USB are mass storage, media device(MTP) or camera(PTP)

#84 alticoupe

alticoupe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

So I was on rooted .181 went to do fast boot to restore .181 for upgrade to .79

but now im stuck in bootloader goes though first 2 stages but when it copys 'system' and then writes 'system' it hangs forever on

writing system ...

i left it for 20 mins and nothing!!!

any thoughts? fixable?

#85 blankemail

blankemail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

So I was on rooted .181 went to do fast boot to restore .181 for upgrade to .79

but now im stuck in bootloader goes though first 2 stages but when it copys 'system' and then writes 'system' it hangs forever on

writing system ...

i left it for 20 mins and nothing!!!

any thoughts? fixable?

it took quite a while for mine to go through that stage, keep patient it should finish...

#86 alticoupe

alticoupe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

20 mins+ though... seems like something is wrong

#87 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

i recently flashed .79 ICS and i no longer have the "charge only" option when connecting to USB, and i cannot restore root with Voodoo

I know i can just FB back to .181 but i would like to check out some leak only ROMs first. How do i enable "charge only" mode on .79 so i can use this utility to root my phone?

EDIT** the only options i have when i plug into USB are mass storage, media device(MTP) or camera(PTP)

ICS has the charge only option removed for some reason. And Voodoo worked for me, but you should be able to use the utility to root ICS

#88 blankemail

blankemail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

ICS has the charge only option removed for some reason. And Voodoo worked for me, but you should be able to use the utility to root ICS

i just needed to update motorola drivers. for some reason the old ones i used on my droid x worked when i was using .181 but not on .79

#89 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

Matt,

Though I had a good non-safe backup, something was messed up on my stock backup, and I messed around with different straps to the point that I basically ensured that my checksum would fail. End result, I needed the 181 build, which I did before by just hijacking it into the Linux 173 utility, but I recall it had some hiccups doing it that way (not to mention that softbrickedness was near at hand for anyone with not terminal experience).

End result - I pretty much copied and pasted all of your 1.6 Utility for PC into the 1.42 MacLinux Utility so that it now performs the same functions but for those on a Mac or Linux machine. I left the same warning about 64- versus 32-bit machines, and of course since I'm on a 64-bit, it wasn't like I had any personal reason to swap the files out. Also, I've only tested it out for the selfish things I was working on, so whoever is on an ICS build who wants to flash back to 181, have at it. But I can tell you, the 181 flash works, root works, Safestrap 2.00 works (I added it to the menu, leaving 1.09 for whoever could need it, though I almost just added a line that if you need it, just Google hashofcodes and find it yourself). I need to confirm that a couple other references aren't causing run errors, then it will be in better than beta shape, for you to do with as you wish. i also named it Mac 1.60, but I wasn't sure how you would name it, and can call it 1.43 or whatever other name you want.

As far as explaining how to run it, it seems that by now that should be covered elsewhere, but there are fewer Mac write-ups, so I'll probably put something together to that effect. Who knows? Maybe you'll get bombarded slightly less on the next build.

Cheers.
  • mattlgroff and xxgamergirlxx like this
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#90 alticoupe

alticoupe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

After trying to flash back to .181 phone I think is bricked. Will not start just goes to boot loader saying "boot failed" cant get to recovery or anything besides ap fast boot.

When i try to fastbook with the util it will get to the part where it needs to write the system the second time and hangs....

left for over an hour and nothing still hainging on " writing 'system' ... "

Any thoughts no if i can fix this type of brick or am i screwed?? there an SBF file i can use to flash over? cant find one out there only fast boot files.

#91 ShadER

ShadER

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

How come the utility does not connect? just hangs at <waiting for device>
RAZR - JB leak/root'd

#92 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Most probably, because you don't have your phone in AP Fastboot mode.

#93 aarnold0805

aarnold0805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:aarnold3273
  • Google+:aarnold0805@gmail.com
  • LocationRiverton, WY.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

I need some help I flashed the 211 leak, followed the directions to a tee. Fasbooted 85.img so I could root. Now I'm getting error: more than one device or emulater. Can someone help me when I try to root
Sent from my 209 KOA RAZR

#94 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

I need some help I flashed the 211 leak, followed the directions to a tee. Fasbooted 85.img so I could root. Now I'm getting error: more than one device or emulater. Can someone help me when I try to root

Anyone know if this works on windows 8?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

#95 xuul

xuul

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

I was having a problem where the cmd window would close immediately with no error message when I tapped a key to continue (when first prompted to by the .bat program).

While it makes absolutely no sense as to why this worked, I was able to fix the problem by moving the folder named Droid Razr Utility 1.6 to the root of C:\.

I had run previous versions of the utility from C:\Windows\Users\me\Downloads\Droid Utility 1.x with no issue whatsoever. Why running this version from that same directory would cause a crash I have no idea. After a crash, adb.exe would still be running, and I'd have to force close it in Task Manager.

#96 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

I was having a problem where the cmd window would close immediately with no error message when I tapped a key to continue (when first prompted to by the .bat program).

While it makes absolutely no sense as to why this worked, I was able to fix the problem by moving the folder named Droid Razr Utility 1.6 to the root of C:\.

I had run previous versions of the utility from C:\Windows\Users\me\Downloads\Droid Utility 1.x with no issue whatsoever. Why running this version from that same directory would cause a crash I have no idea. After a crash, adb.exe would still be running, and I'd have to force close it in Task Manager.

Just out of curiosity, what was the actual path you were trying to run it from, or was what you listed it? Sounds like either the file wasn't unzipped properly or you had an invalid character in the path. Since the script uses DOS commands, it doesn't like some characters.

#97 xuul

xuul

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Exchange the word "me" for Nick and that's what the file path was: C:\Windows\Users\Nick\Downloads\Droid Utility 1.6\

#98 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Exchange the word "me" for Nick and that's what the file path was: C:\Windows\Users\Nick\Downloads\Droid Utility 1.6\

That wasn't the problem then. Oh well, glad you got it working anyway.

#99 That_guy

That_guy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Thanks Matt you're the best.
I bought my phone from a friend who had rooted it and I was having issues with the phone and your utility seemed to work great. Thanks again.

#100 laryc

laryc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have .79 on unsafe mode and .211 on safe mode. Will I be able to restore .181 with this?

If yes, do I need to toggle back to unsafe first or just go straight to AP mode and restore with this?

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users