:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

Thanks. Wonder why this method isn't more widely published for 211. It seems easier and more fail-proof than the others out there, including matt's 1.7... I might take the plunge finally. Been debating if i should just wait for the OTA. With my luck, OTA will hit my phone as soon as I am done debating and flashing...

One more question - does the zip file needs to be renamed, or it's good to go as is - Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip?

Well since the leak and OTA are the same I see no reason not to lol. And NO. It's named after the software you're coming from not going to

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#322 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thanks. Wonder why this method isn't more widely published for 211. It seems easier and more fail-proof than the others out there, including matt's 1.7... I might take the plunge finally. Been debating if i should just wait for the OTA. With my luck, OTA will hit my phone as soon as I am done debating and flashing... :)

One more question - does the zip file needs to be renamed, or it's good to go as is - Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip?

That method was widely published. We've used it for the last few months ever since the .75 leak.

#323 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

Also do you have root after the flash? Or did you have to use the Unstuck utility to gain root?
Thanks.

Yup, I still had root after installing it.
I brew the beer I drink.

#324 zllibengood

zllibengood

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Locationsioux falls, sd
  • Current Device(s):RAZR

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Uninstalling the bootstrap app is not enough. There is a way to remove the traces that it leaves behind and that might be enough to get the update to take without fastbooting back to a clean .181. They're threads about it here and on xda. Try a search. On my phone right now or I'd try to link you.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Ok, found the thread and I have it removed. Thanks for the info. So now I should be able to just protect root, temp un root and ota update should work, right? And or could I put .211 on with that cache method? And if so that will be the same as the ota, right?
-Z

#325 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

I remember taking every other updates rooted ..1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 all rooted most with custom recovery and all with bloat as it was..It sucks to think that it would be any different with ics but then again things change..lol

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

#326 doggy2965

doggy2965

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Sucess running .211 loaded right from recovery got half way thru got error clicked reboot went back into recovery reloaded went all the way thru. Can I root with Matt's utility?q

#327 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Sucess running .211 loaded right from recovery got half way thru got error clicked reboot went back into recovery reloaded went all the way thru. Can I root with Matt's utility?q

Yes on his 1.7 util

Posted Image

#328 p0k3y

p0k3y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

That method was widely published. We've used it for the last few months ever since the .75 leak.

I just took the plunge and it was a success. Thanks for all of your help - spc, techno and iDroidGuy. It was a piece of cake and did work just like .75 leak when I patched it in April. I did lose root but was able to gain it back by using Matt's 1.7 utility.

#329 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

I just took the plunge and it was a success. Thanks for all of your help - spc, techno and iDroidGuy. It was a piece of cake and did work just like .75 leak when I patched it in April. I did lose root but was able to gain it back by using Matt's 1.7 utility.

Awesome. Glad to see we got you fixed

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#330 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Ok, found the thread and I have it removed. Thanks for the info. So now I should be able to just protect root, temp un root and ota update should work, right? And or could I put .211 on with that cache method? And if so that will be the same as the ota, right?

Yes, assuming there is nothing else floating around in your setup that the assert checks fail on, you should be able to take the OTA. I don't know why you'd wait on it though, at this point it's as simple as downloading the 6.16.211 file, dropping it in cache and using ROM manager to reboot and install it. Your call though.

#331 Redflea

Redflea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

Has anyone posted the OTA update zip, so it can just be put on the sdcard root and installed from stock recovery?

#332 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Has anyone posted the OTA update zip, so it can just be put on the sdcard root and installed from stock recovery?

That's kind of funny but here's one link of many:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#333 doggy2965

doggy2965

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

I ran it that way did a factory reset then ran from stock recovery failed about half way thru rebooted phone stopped at red Motorola sign held vol-vol+ and power button went back to recovery reran update and it was successful.

#334 zllibengood

zllibengood

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yes, assuming there is nothing else floating around in your setup that the assert checks fail on, you should be able to take the OTA. I don't know why you'd wait on it though, at this point it's as simple as downloading the 6.16.211 file, dropping it in cache and using ROM manager to reboot and install it. Your call though.

Yeah, going to do it tonight. I'm tired of waiting. Thanks for all the info.
-Z

#335 zllibengood

zllibengood

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Up and running .211. Installed using cache method. Piece of cake. Retained all data and apps. Everything right where i left it. Nice!
-Z

#336 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

So Moto has been doing the soak test over the weekend and is supposed to end it today.

#337 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

So Moto has been doing the soak test over the weekend and is supposed to end it today.

I'd say at least 60% of the people on this site are already on .211 lol.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#338 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

I'd say at least 60% of the people on this site are already on .211 lol.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Only 60%?

#339 timdog68

timdog68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

If I am completely stock on a rzr maxx can i just put the update on my sd card and load thru recovery or do i need to do step 1 in matts 1.7 util?
Thanks

#340 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

Comment:

We have a great page that showcases many of the changes and improvements in Ice Cream Sandwich.

And here is a draft of the release notes...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Software Upgrade for the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX

Introduction
We are pleased to announce the new Android™ 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) software upgrade for the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX. The software upgrade 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US includes numerous enhancements and improvements.

For more information about the upgrade, including helpful videos explaining the significant changes in the upgrade, visit

For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit us at

Who Can Use This Release
ALL DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX users.
After downloading and installing the Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) software release, you will notice:

Enhancements:

New User Interace

Look and Feel
Updated colors, font, icons, and animations. Added adjustable text size.
Lockscreen
Enhanced lock screen to include quick access to dialer, text messaging, camera, and homescreen.
Folders
Added new home screen folders that let users group apps and shortcuts by dragging one onto another.
All Apps Screen
Updated All Apps screen to include access to both Apps and Widgets.
Notifications
Enhanced notifications window include access to settings menu and new swipe to dismiss functionality for individual notifications.
Settings
Reorganized and easier to navigate settings menu, including toggles for airplane mode, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth®.
Keyboard
Redesigned keyboard for faster input with improved error correction and word suggestion.
Improved Features
Email
Enhanced Email app with address auto-completion, quick response emails, and searching across folders and subfolders.
Camera
Improved the camera with time-lapse video, snapshots during video recording, ability to use volume keys as shutter button, updated zoom control look and feel, continuous focus with tap to autofocus, and flash-assisted low light focus.
Browser
Updated Browser app with faster page loading, bookmark sync with Chrome browser on a computer, and ability to view desktop version of web sites.
Voice Input
Upgraded voice input engine to allow for continuous dictation, pausing, and inclusion of punctuation.
Webtop
Updated webtop interface to an Android 4.0 tablet-like experience with key apps optimized for the resolution and screen size of external monitors.
New and Updated Apps
Added latest versions of Backup Assistant Plus, Video Calling, Verizon Apps Store, and Color.
New Features
Face Unlock
Added facial recognition technology for a new way to unlock the user’s phone.
People App
Replaced the contacts app with the new People app. Includes larger pictures and rich profile information.
Data Usage
Added new reporting and management tool to keep track of data usage and set limits.
Screenshot
Added capability to take screenshots by holding both the power and volume down keys for a few seconds.
Global Ready
Activated global voice and data capabilities. Check Verizon Wireless’s coverage and rates to determine whether Global Phone service is available at your destination.

Important Changes
Adobe® Flash®
Due to Adobe’s discontinuation of Flash development, Flash Player is no longer preloaded and is not available for download from Google Play to this device. Existing installations of Flash Player may or may not play Flash video properly. Alternatively, the new HTML5 standard is supported for Web video.
Social Networking
Social Status widget and the Social Networking Apps & Widgets have been removed in favor of 3rd party apps and widgets available from Google Play. Some 3rd party social networking apps and widgets may be preloaded with this upgrade.
Widgets
News/RSS Feed, Date & Time, IM Presence, Airplane Toggle, Bluetooth Toggle, GPS, Toggle, and Wi-Fi Toggle widgets have been removed. Other preloaded widgets, settings options, and 3rd party downloadable widgets are available as alternatives.
Universal Inbox
Universal Inbox app has been removed with the Email app allowing consolidation of messages from various email accounts.

Fixes
VZ Navigator®
Updated app to improve stability at the “Getting Route” screen.
Text Messages
Reduced instances of receiving duplicate text messages.
Ringtones
Enabled proper saving of MMS ringtones.
Bluetooth®
Reduced Bluetooth disconnects. Improved audio when listening to music through a Bluetooth headset.
4G Connectivity
Reduced instances of dropping down to a 3G connection while in a 4G LTE service area.
Stability
Improved device stability and reduced dropped calls.
Google Play
Improved stability of Google Play app.icls.n a 4G LTE service area.video properly.

Instructions for installing the software
NOTE: You cannot downgrade back to Android 2.3(Gingerbread) software after this upgrade.
For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update when the battery in your phone is at least 50% charged and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you have received a notification message for this update:
  • Select "Download".
  • After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".
  • After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
  • Your phone is now updated with 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US software.
If you have not received a notification message for this update:
  • Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
  • Select "About phone".
  • Select "System updates".
  • Select "Download". After the software is downloaded, select "Install".
  • After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
  • Your phone is now updated 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US software.

Additional Information
There is no charge for this upgrade other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice. If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at

Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used under license. Google is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Mobility Inc. All rights reserved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: soak test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users