6 replies to this topic

#1 don2hmr

don2hmr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Here I get this excessively long carrier name (24 chars) taking up all the space in the status bar on my Moto Razr XT910S. Have visited some posts while it seems that hardly can I change to shorten the name. Tried 'Ccname' and 'Carrier name' in the market but neither of them work. Just wondering anyone is able to remove the the carrier name by setting some 'width' to 0 instead of changing the string? Thanks.

#2 DroidJunk

DroidJunk

• Superuser
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSE Texas

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:55 AM

Here I get this excessively long carrier name (24 chars) taking up all the space in the status bar on my Moto Razr XT910S. Have visited some posts while it seems that hardly can I change to shorten the name. Tried 'Ccname' and 'Carrier name' in the market but neither of them work. Just wondering anyone is able to remove the the carrier name by setting some 'width' to 0 instead of changing the string? Thanks.

First I may be wrong here. After looking at code it appears the carrier info is now read from the sim card. You have to make mods to layout files or smali edit to change/remove it. Thats what started my mods (wanting to change it). I have not ported it over to Razr as of yet. One day it will happen. :)

#3 don2hmr

don2hmr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

First I may be wrong here. After looking at code it appears the carrier info is now read from the sim card. You have to make mods to layout files or smali edit to change/remove it. Thats what started my mods (wanting to change it). I have not ported it over to Razr as of yet. One day it will happen. :)

Thanks DroidJunk. That is basically what's in my mind that to disappear the name by modification to some layout parameter instead of changing the string itself. While is there possible to achieve that by RE but a MOD rom?

#4 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:@Mattfox27
  • Google+:Mattfox27@gmail.com (Gtalk)
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

What about changing eri.xml in framework-res.apk
Don't take me too seriously, its only my opinion...

#5 DroidJunk

DroidJunk

• Superuser
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSE Texas

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

If you can decompile SystemUI.apk you can easily edit status_bar.xml ( not pos about name) in the layout folder. Using either android:visibility="gone" or "invisible" will work. The difference is gone will remove the view and invisible will save the space for the view.

#6 Junior Passos

Junior Passos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

Root tools has this capability a well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carrier name, ccname, razr, gsm, xt910s

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users