Photo

Ics 4.0.4 Update (6.16.206) - No Downgrading From This!

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#241 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

because

spoiler alert

(gb sucks)

What sucks about it?

#242 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

Is it normal in .206 for the lock screen to not show the slide feature when you have for example, a PIN, or pattern set to unlock the device? I know on all previous builds it still had the slide to unlock (where you could slide right to unlock, and the other directions for the camera, phone, or messaging) - it seems in .206 however that if you have any method of security (PIN, etc) set, the screen just prompts you for that when you wake it up. I kinda liked having the slide to unlock, then entering my password to unlock.
Posted Image

#243 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

not so bad had WiFi on all day yesterday.

Posted Image

#244 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Is it normal in .206 for the lock screen to not show the slide feature when you have for example, a PIN, or pattern set to unlock the device? I know on all previous builds it still had the slide to unlock (where you could slide right to unlock, and the other directions for the camera, phone, or messaging) - it seems in .206 however that if you have any method of security (PIN, etc) set, the screen just prompts you for that when you wake it up. I kinda liked having the slide to unlock, then entering my password to unlock.

I've only tried password for unlock on previous builds but 1 would replace the other.

#245 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

I've only tried password for unlock on previous builds but 1 would replace the other.

Odd, I know on GB, and even on .75 and .79 of ICS, if I had it set for a PIN or pattern, and set to lock the device immediately when it goes to sleep, when I would wake it up, it would still have me do the slide thing (had the key in the circle or whatever), then it'd ask me for the PIN (or pattern, depending on which I was using), and then it'd unlock.

it just seemed odd, waking it up and seeing the keypad there for me to enter my PIN straight up, instead of having the unlock screen first. I'm sure it's the way Moto is making it now, but it's not biggie.
Posted Image

#246 jerkwad

jerkwad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Odd, I know on GB, and even on .75 and .79 of ICS, if I had it set for a PIN or pattern, and set to lock the device immediately when it goes to sleep, when I would wake it up, it would still have me do the slide thing (had the key in the circle or whatever), then it'd ask me for the PIN (or pattern, depending on which I was using), and then it'd unlock.

it just seemed odd, waking it up and seeing the keypad there for me to enter my PIN straight up, instead of having the unlock screen first. I'm sure it's the way Moto is making it now, but it's not biggie.

.84 still had that feature but it is most certainly missing in .206 I wonder how this will affect people down the road ala locking themselves out while in their pocket or emergency dialing!

I miss it now that I know it is gone lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#247 jerkwad

jerkwad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

The moto devs are top notch. We were able to move forward by cheating a boot img. I really don't see a problem moving to an ota ics at this point.

Cool. So you must know that this method will work for whatever moto releases as an ota in the near future. Neat.

#248 jerkwad

jerkwad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

What sucks about it?

Gingerbread didn't suck towards the end of its development lifecycle. And the eclipse 1.3 rom was excellent... Best rom I have had on any phone... But of course that is only my opinion, unlike TSON's factual post above. ;-)

#249 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Gingerbread didn't suck towards the end of its development lifecycle. And the eclipse 1.3 rom was excellent... Best rom I have had on any phone... But of course that is only my opinion, unlike TSON's factual post above. ;-)

Froyo Liberty for my X > All other ROMs I've ever used on any phone... 36 hour battery life on stock battery... I don't just hate GB because it's GB and outdated. I hate it because it was riddled with radio issues, ugly, had no hardware acceleration, random lag spikes, really bad battery life when not even doing anything, webtop was riddled with out of memory errors, limitations left and right, lag spikes... The list goes on and on and on and on.

Plus I love face unlock <3
  • mixerpilot likes this

#250 Ayeezy

Ayeezy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

In 206, yes it's normal. It seems very redundant to have a slide to unlock screen when you need to enter a PIN anyway. This saves time.

#251 Zeklandia

Zeklandia

Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Twitter:@Zeklandia
  • Google+:+Asher Wood
  • LocationThe Internet
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

Ice Cream Sandwich has always done that by default. Get used to it.

Asher Wood
Linux, Android, Java, C/C++ Developer.
Google+ | Github

#252 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

t

Ice Cream Sandwich has always done that by default. Get used to it.

Yep, the screen sleep timeout and lock timeout are on different timers, so if you have your screen sleep at 2 minutes and lock at 20 minutes and then wake your phone after it sleeps but before it locks it just requires a swipe to awaken. If it locks due to the lock timer or because you have it set to lock when you hit the power button it requires the code to awaken. Makes perfect sense once you are used to it.

#253 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

I don't like the face unlock option i was actually able to unlock my Razr with a picture of my face from my wife's phone. Lol

Rooted ICS 4.0.4 6.16.206.XT912

#254 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

I don't like the face unlock option i was actually able to unlock my Razr with a picture of my face from my wife's phone. Lol

That flaw was pointed out a long time ago. Quick fix, keep your phone on you lol.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#255 anthony2558

anthony2558

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Or make sure you have your phone on you before some unexpected person asks to take you pic. :D

via Razr MAXX

#256 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

Is there any deodexes out for. 206?

#257 biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Google+:biggiesmalls657@gmail.com
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

not so bad had WiFi on all day yesterday.

Posted Image

thats it? i notice your 4g signal is low. you can turn mobile data off when wifi is connected to preserve more battery cause it still searches for a connection...

#258 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Froyo Liberty for my X > All other ROMs I've ever used on any phone... 36 hour battery life on stock battery... I don't just hate GB because it's GB and outdated. I hate it because it was riddled with radio issues, ugly, had no hardware acceleration, random lag spikes, really bad battery life when not even doing anything, webtop was riddled with out of memory errors, limitations left and right, lag spikes... The list goes on and on and on and on.

Plus I love face unlock <3

On 181 (using Rom Toolbox to freeze un-needed stuff) I'm having great battery life, minimal lag, great performance, and decent signal with no data drops. I don't use webtop so I can't speak for that.

I tried .79 and my battery life was noticeably shorter (after 3 battery discharge/charges), I found that I couldn't play alot of games from the market, signal reported being lower and I had data drop issues. I did really like having Google Chrome on the phone though. Are you saying that 206 has fixed all of those issues?

#259 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

thats it? i notice your 4g signal is low. you can turn mobile data off when wifi is connected to preserve more battery cause it still searches for a connection...

You can set up a Smart Action to turn off mobile data anytime you are connected to WiFi.

Sent from my Droid RAZR (stock 4.0.4)

#260 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I try that see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users