Photo

Droid RAZR HD/Maxx HD and RAZR M Receiving Different Updates than Documented [UPDATED: Razr M Too]

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 jclavin

jclavin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

I cant, im on the same build as you are, im checking the web so i can look for the build to flash to RSD lite and no luck...we might have to wait a little while...aleast motorola is not a slow a LG...thats a plus

I was talking to tucstwo ;-) He said "Does anyone have the Razr M OTA that brings you to "98.16.3"? I'm trying to locate that. The last of my collection" a little bit up, which makes me think that he has one of the the OTAs, and is actively searching for the other one.

If he has one of them, it might be the one you and I are looking for :-)

#42 vic2497

vic2497

normal droid person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR HD

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hopefully! My phone is full of bugs! I need it pronto haha

#43 vic2497

vic2497

normal droid person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

And to be honest. Verizon and Motorola have gonna full retarded. Two updates? Same enhancements? Kinda confusing you think?
  • tucstwo likes this

#44 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Lol sketchy, I know. Do you actually have one of the OTAs for the Razr M pulled?

I can do a git diff of the two new updates and see what's actually different besides the build numbers.

I've been restoring to stock every day waiting for the OTA to hit my phone, and still no dice, but I'm on 98.15.66.XT907.Verizon.en.US, could you check the updater-script

in the zip that you have to see if that's build number it's supposed to be targeting??

vic2497 and I would love you forever

I have on hand Blur_Version.98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US which is labeled "98.15.66" But NOT the other one. I also have on hand a Razr M that is current on 9.15.66 to which I'm gonna flash 98.18.78. My concern is WTH the other one is, lol.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#45 jclavin

jclavin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

I have on hand Blur_Version.98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US which is labeled "98.15.66" But NOT the other one. I also have on hand a Razr M that is current on 9.15.66 to which I'm gonna flash 98.18.78. My concern is WTH the other one is, lol.

So you've got the one we are looking for! Would you mind uploading somewhere if you aren't limited by bandwidth or time?? I'm eager to install this and I'm sure vic2497 is too :-)

#46 vic2497

vic2497

normal droid person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Oh god you have no idea!

#47 vic2497

vic2497

normal droid person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Please send a link!

#48 vic2497

vic2497

normal droid person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Never mind! I just got the update!:)

#49 jclavin

jclavin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

Me too! :-)

#50 mprunner78

mprunner78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

Updated to 98.18.78 And no boitloader issues...4g seems better and stronger and definitely more responsive on touch

#51 vic2497

vic2497

normal droid person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Hell yea! But the screen shakes are there still... but not as much as the last update

#52 cizco962

cizco962

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

So I made the leap of faith of downloading the OTA 9.18 and since I have CWM Recovery it keeps booting into that when it tries to install the update. It gives me an option to "install untrusted zip" and I tried that but it fails after checking for backup assistant. I uninstalled (or froze it, I cant remember) that along with the other bloatware. The problem is I cant re-install it because now every time I boot up the phone after about 10 or 15 seconds it power cycles and goes back into CWM recovery (my version is 6.03.2). If anyone has a copy of the backup assistant apk can you please send me a link. Also any other ideas if that's the problem or maybe the fact that it's booting into CWM recovery? Maybe if I take CWM recovery off and restore the stock recovery?Thanks in advance for any advice.

BTW I have the Razr MAXX HD

Edited by cizco962, 13 July 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#53 brettconroy2002

brettconroy2002

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

i got the droid razr m update 98.18.78 used voodoo OTA, download the update. i turned root back on and i still had root access.my phone is still rooted

#54 DeJaVu74

DeJaVu74

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Xoom(wifi), Droid Razr HD

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

So I made the leap of faith of downloading the OTA 9.18 and since I have CWM Recovery it keeps booting into that when it tries to install the update. It gives me an option to "install untrusted zip" and I tried that but it fails after checking for backup assistant. I uninstalled (or froze it, I cant remember) that along with the other bloatware. The problem is I cant re-install it because now every time I boot up the phone after about 10 or 15 seconds it power cycles and goes back into CWM recovery (my version is 6.03.2). If anyone has a copy of the backup assistant apk can you please send me a link. Also any other ideas if that's the problem or maybe the fact that it's booting into CWM recovery? Maybe if I take CWM recovery off and restore the stock recovery?Thanks in advance for any advice.

BTW I have the Razr MAXX HD

If the update is still stored in the phones cache you need to wipe the cache in recovery. I was Curious at first if I could just flash through twrp and and after the update failed with twrp to install I went to reboot my phone and and it cycled back to recovery on its own a couple times, I wiped cache and dalvik and things went back to normal for me

End of Line.

#55 cizco962

cizco962

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

If the update is still stored in the phones cache you need to wipe the cache in recovery. I was Curious at first if I could just flash through twrp and and after the update failed with twrp to install I went to reboot my phone and and it cycled back to recovery on its own a couple times, I wiped cache and dalvik and things went back to normal for me End of Line.

Thanks DeJaVu74, I'll try that out.

• DeJaVu74 likes this

#56 cizco962

cizco962

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

Ok, so wiping got me out of the boot cycle. Now if I want to install the OTA is it a matter of just restoring the Backup Assistant app (which luckily I had only frozen and have now defrosted BTW) and trying to install it again? Any thoughts or suggestions?

• DeJaVu74 likes this

#57 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

So you've got the one we are looking for! Would you mind uploading somewhere if you aren't limited by bandwidth or time?? I'm eager to install this and I'm sure vic2497 is too :-)

Oh god you have no idea!

Why were you looking for that one over the other one? What system version WERE you on before? 98.15.66 or 98.16.1?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#58 vic2497

vic2497

normal droid person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Do you still have the screen shake problem?

#59 Guest_bikr_*

Guest_bikr_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Damn, the 9.18.79 OTA update keeps failing on me!

I have an rooted RAZR Maxx HD with 9.16.6 on it. I tried to update both with Voodoo OTA and without, but either way it fails, The update downloads just fine, but gives "update failed" message after coming back from the reboot. I'm worried I was too aggressive when cleaning out Verizon crap (using RootAppDelete) when I first rooted. I didn't think I removed anything system update-related, but now I'm not so sure.  :mellow:

Any ideas?

• cizco962 likes this

#60 smokestace

smokestace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSparks Nevada
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Just downloaded and installed the new update. used ota root keeper and twrp... kept root. no problems what so ever. All is well 100%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users