#801 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

So I should change the ext of the one labeled install files to apk not zip? That's easy enough. Anybody know if r3ds' ROM will work with 3.60?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

#802 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

So I should change the ext of the one labeled install files to apk not zip? That's easy enough. Anybody know if r3ds' ROM will work with 3.60?

You shouldnt have to do anything other the Update...The only other step I did was to delete 3.11 totally in my Custom ROM than I when to Stock Root...Safestrap...Opened...Uninstalled 3.11..Updated to 3.60...Bingo everything was done...

No changing to any apk it should do it for you....

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#803 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

I'm not saying for sure because I don't know where you got the zip from. I'm saying there were few cases that I had to that. But if you got the zip from a download link to safestrap and there are no apk's inside it, than that's what I would try.
P.s. after renaming the zip ext to apk, I would get the proper icon. If you don't understand, take apk you already have and if has it's own unique icon try do the reverse method to see what I mean (rename the apk to zip). If nothing else, this is just informational so you have another perspective on what could be the problem

#804 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

I'm not saying for sure because I don't know where you got the zip from. I'm saying there were few cases that I had to that. But if you got the zip from a download link to safestrap and there are no apk's inside it, than that's what I would try.
P.s. after renaming the zip ext to apk, I would get the proper icon. If you don't understand, take apk you already have and if has it's own unique icon try do the reverse method to see what I mean (rename the apk to zip). If nothing else, this is just informational so you have another perspective on what could be the problem

It makes sense. I got the download from a link on hashcode's site. I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

#805 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

It makes sense. I got the download from a link on hashcode's site. I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

#806 Dodge DeBoulet

Dodge DeBoulet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMid-Coast Maine

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

I had an issue downloading it when I used anything other than the stock browser to handle the .apk. The goo.im link isn't the actual .apk, it links to another server that will actually start the download. If you try to use anything but the browser to accept the download, you'll have issues.

#807 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

So, I have reverted back to 3.11 and I still cannot get anything to flash. As soon as I swipe to install it says failed. I built a new slot, wiped all, mounted data, and tried to flash ROMs that were all downloaded a different way. Can anybody think of what could be going on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#808 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

So, I have reverted back to 3.11 and I still cannot get anything to flash. As soon as I swipe to install it says failed. I built a new slot, wiped all, mounted data, and tried to flash ROMs that were all downloaded a different way. Can anybody think of what could be going on?

For what its worth...you've done correctly... Not sure why either I'll keep checking...you may have to go back to Stock to clean out your conflict... Matt's Utility

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#809 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

For what its worth...you've done correctly... Not sure why either I'll keep checking...you may have to go back to Stock to clean out your conflict... Matt's Utility

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#810 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

That's my thinking too. Was just hoping to avoid that but it looks like it's inevitable.

#811 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

That's my thinking too. Was just hoping to avoid that but it looks like it's inevitable.

It Sucks but works...done enough of them in my time;):D

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#812 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I had to when I first safestrapped. Can I move my current ROM folder to the SD card and manually just move the ROM slot back later?

#813 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I had to when I first safestrapped. Can I move my current ROM folder to the SD card and manually just move the ROM slot back later?

Evening patton...

Once you Backup your ROM...you can move it anywhere you want choosing your Slot of choice...or create a File Folder for storage

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#814 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Evening patton...

Once you Backup your ROM...you can move it anywhere you want choosing your Slot of choice...or create a File Folder for storage

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Evening...

That was my thinking. I like the ROM that I've been using. I can tweak it a lot without it locking up on me and my work email works without any issues. I would like to test drive Blurry 2.0 and cm 10.2, I think. Any other ROMs that have been updated recently or are new that I might like?

#815 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Haven't posted in a while, guess its becuase I haven't had any questions. So the other day one of my dogs got a hold of my RAZR, to be fair I was sick as a dog and not paying any attention. I can tell you with authority Gorilla Glass is not Dog proof! In any event the phone still worked but with severely cracked glass who knows for how long. Replacement came yesterday and I'm trying to get it set up. Used RAZR blade to root, worked perfectly. Was unable to install Safestrap 3.6 pr 3.53, would say installation failed every time, and yes the unknown apps button is checked. So I used matts utility and installed 3.11. Opened it up and installed recovery, recovery state shows installed however safe system shows not active....same when I boot the safe strap splash screen shows safe system not active...
Anyone have a thought....I know I should probably just uninstall ss 3.11 and try again, but hell I can't even find the apk, so that makes it tough to that.

As always I look forward to the collective wisdom of the forum

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

#816 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

It says that on the splash screen until you install a ROM and activate its slot.

#817 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Haven't posted in a while, guess its becuase I haven't had any questions. So the other day one of my dogs got a hold of my RAZR, to be fair I was sick as a dog and not paying any attention. I can tell you with authority Gorilla Glass is not Dog proof! In any event the phone still worked but with severely cracked glass who knows for how long. Replacement came yesterday and I'm trying to get it set up. Used RAZR blade to root, worked perfectly. Was unable to install Safestrap 3.6 pr 3.53, would say installation failed every time, and yes the unknown apps button is checked. So I used matts utility and installed 3.11. Opened it up and installed recovery, recovery state shows installed however safe system shows not active....same when I boot the safe strap splash screen shows safe system not active...
Anyone have a thought....I know I should probably just uninstall ss 3.11 and try again, but hell I can't even find the apk, so that makes it tough to that.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

I don't have a RAZR, but I do have a link.

. Go there and pick your poison. 3.60 should install just fine as long as 3.11 is uninstalled completely. Uninstall recovery through the app first. Then go into app manager and clear both cache and data then uninstall the 3.11 app. Reboot to insure that it has uninstalled then install the SS 3.60 version for your device.

new_animated_sig.gif

#818 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

Goto
* Safestrap in Stock (Rooted) on your desktop or draw
* Open SS 3.11...Uninstall 3.11 first
* Than delete it...Settings/Apps
* Now Install 3.60...
* When complete... Open
* Allow Permissions then Install
* Back out...goto to your customised ROM in your Slot of choice...Open SS...Uninstall 3.11...then delete in Settings/Apps...
* Then 3.60 in your Custom ROM
* Reboot...

LOL....

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#819 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

It says that on the splash screen until you install a ROM and activate its slot.

Thanks been a while guess I didn't remember that!

Sent via Tapatalk

#820 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Goto
* Safestrap in Stock (Rooted) on your desktop or draw
* Open SS 3.11...Uninstall 3.11 first
* Than delete it...Settings/Apps
* Now Install 3.60...
* When complete... Open
* Allow Permissions then Install
* Back out...goto to your customised ROM in your Slot of choice...Open SS...Uninstall 3.11...then delete in Settings/Apps...
* Then 3.60 in your Custom ROM
* Reboot...

LOL....

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Thanks,

I did try and install ss3.6 before ss3.11. Guess I wasn't clear before I installed SS3.11 this was a virgin phone that is freshly rooted. Ss3.6 would fail every time I tried to install. Ill try again. I'd been running SS3.11 since the winter? I think, believe me if hadn't been for the dog I wouldn't even be doing this, phone was runningmjustbfine!

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users