Photo

New To Root And Forum Looking For Recovery Options...

bootloader recovery backup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 G33k2

G33k2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hello! I am an IT consultant and Linux certified, but I'm realizing that I need to get proficient with smart phones as they are beginning to compete with the PC market directly!

I have successfully rooted my Droid Razer MAXX, but ROM Manager claims not to have a compatible ClockworkMod Recovery. Can anyone suggest an alternative? I'm primarily interested in being able to "image" my phone like I do my computer for disaster recovery purposes, but I'm also interested in exploring alternative ROMs eventually.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

David Morris
G33k2 Technology Solutions

#2 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[Recovery]-Droid-Razr-Bootstrap-Recovery-*updated-2/8/12

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx locked in with .84

#3 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

Um don't use the recovery linked above, use safe strap. If you are on any 4.0.x leaked unofficial update from motorola you can not flash most ROMs and should use Safe strap v2.0. If you AREN'T on any unofficial leaked updates and are flashing from any official build then use safe strap v1.09. If you need info on many things like rooting, flashing ROMs or just the general "slang" the people here at droidrzr use, go and look throughout this site's forums. I am only 16 and yet I know more about phone software than the avg. user.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bootloader, recovery, backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users