• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Sooo... guess who's in Italy with a fully functional International phone running...not Vzw's $#!+ty plan but

Vodafone! [vodafone IT network name]

That's right :-)

.206 is truly global. I went to the store... dealt with some of the rudest people in a cell phone shop ever! Yes... I know I don't speak Italian, but CS is CS. Verizon definitely wins on that, but plans wise? I like the flexibility. I get a little "H" for their '3g' and a 'E' for their 2g.

I have to unlock the sim every time I boot the phone... but who cares! I just installed onavo extend to save on data, but 250mb/3 EU for each week I'm here? I'll do great. I'm not really going to be texting or calling. Pinger/Skype for that. I just need data for when I'm about to text home.

So... if you're travelling abroad, .206 is will give you what you need. Get a microsim with an provider, go to this site for the APN settings (go to more in the Settings screen, then APN, and type in only the info it asks)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL.) Then you are good to go.

#2 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

Good to know. I don't for see needing it. But good to know I can! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#3 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Isn't Vodaphone the Euro equivalent to VzW? Owned by the same company?

#4 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

Yes they are but their customer service absolutely sucks. I'm being charged 5 EU a day for data (as said on my account) when I told the rep at the store I wanted the 3eu /week 250 mb mobile internet rechargeable plan. Returning the sim today and switching to like.. Tim or wind

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: data, travel, international, italy, onavo, APN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users