[Mod] Beats Audio (Flashable Zip) (6/27/2012)

music beats audio ics gingerbread dsp manager beats audio

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#281 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Glad everyone is liking this Mod and I just want to add that this Mod has reached over 1,050 downloads!!!!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#282 streetpounder

streetpounder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OH

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

Hey Hicks... Any idea why DSP Manager v1 seemed to effect sound globally (including streaming apps), while dsp manager v2.0 and Beats Control are only working in certain apps. I`m just curious from a functionality standpoint why they did that and what is different under the hood?

#283 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Im not sure why but it seems to only work with non-streaming audio but its still sick :)

Yup....that was the prob...i was trying to use it for Streaming Audio....

Works great on music already on my phone tho!

#284 kreez

kreez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

The guy 2 posts above you lol.

damn.. i was mistaken.. i was meant to type google music + this mod but i guess i was sleepy when post that (it was 2 am).. :wacko:
sorry for misleading..

#285 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

damn.. i was mistaken.. i was meant to type google music + this mod but i guess i was sleepy when post that (it was 2 am)..
sorry for misleading..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ah that makes me feel better! I thought I was doing something wrong. I guess it's just not compatible with PA at the moment. Oh well.

removed

#286 jessegio34

jessegio34

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Im going to try this!

#287 my2cents

my2cents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Not trying to cause friction with the OP or anyone else, but it appears the advantage of Beats Audio really comes from some slight hardware changes (better ground, etc). So, with the zip installed you really just get the interface (a nice equalizer) but not the "advantages" of BA. Here is a like to what BA is:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Again, not dissing the good work hicks, just wanted to know what it was really all about. That's all...

#288 B.L.E.A.K

B.L.E.A.K

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

great!! it is good, cool, AWESOMELYFANTABULOUS!!!

Thanks!

#289 reachking

reachking

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

I'm XT912 on official ICS 4.0.4 and Bootstrap Bootmenu 0.2.4
I have the "Awesome BEATS" icon in app drawer.
I will report the sound quality later when i'm at home because i dont have earphones now.
Thank you very much!

#290 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

I'm not crazy about BA. Is there a way to uninstall it?

Thanks.

#291 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

Not trying to cause friction with the OP or anyone else, but it appears the advantage of Beats Audio really comes from some slight hardware changes (better ground, etc). So, with the zip installed you really just get the interface (a nice equalizer) but not the "advantages" of BA. Here is a like to what BA is:

Again, not dissing the good work hicks, just wanted to know what it was really all about. That's all...

The hardware side is all about reducing "noise", but there is still all the audio libs (which is what this package has) that basically control the digital to analog (mp3 to headphones) conversion and that is where this has its biggest effect, and on ICS you get the equalizer, honestly if the phone maker has any decent manufacturing processes the hardware noise level should be minimal to begin with, if you here a hiss in your headphones when plugged into the phone with no audio playing back then that is the "noise" that indicates the manufacturing quality of your phone sucks balls, I would say on most phones the "noise" level these days should be pretty low so 90% of the Beats Audio improvements are actually in the files we have here.

Thanks for the link, I was curious what if any of Beats Audio was on the hardware side and after reading that link it's pretty clear the hardware side is all about reducing "noise".
  • my2cents likes this

#292 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

If you look in the zip file, in /system/bin and /system/etc you will see the actual Beats files. This is definitely not JUST the interface. It contains the actual system files that modify the algorithms on your phone.
  • my2cents likes this

#293 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

I'm not crazy about BA. Is there a way to uninstall it? Thanks.

Reflash whatever ROM you're on without wiping anything. Or wipe data/factory reset.

#294 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

Reflash whatever ROM you're on without wiping anything. Or wipe data/factory reset.

Thank you sir. I had put it on my unsafe side.

#295 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Over 1500 downloads!!! Thanks for all the support everyone! Glad you all like it!

#296 Razroid

Razroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hmm... I have my doubts on flashing this, last time I tried, poweramp crashed all the time.
just to check: is there fastboot for .211 asia?

#297 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

Over 1500 downloads!!! Thanks for all the support everyone! Glad you all like it!

Thanks man! I have flashed this on every rom I've tried in the last 2 weeks, even the 211/214/215 stock roms & it has been flawless every time.

#298 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

OMG, why does this only work with Play music. I dont use play or any player for that matter. I would love for this to work with IHeart Radio...
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#299 TweakedSystems

TweakedSystems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

I can't get this to install on.215
Posted Image

#300 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

Download link isn't working--keep getting the database exception errors. I'll try again later, but may need a mirror (please).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, beats, audio, ics, gingerbread, dsp manager, beats audio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users