[Mod] Beats Audio (Flashable Zip) (6/27/2012)

music beats audio ics gingerbread dsp manager beats audio

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#261 damagickid

damagickid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

OK. I feel like a total d-rear end, but where is the DSP file that conflicts with BEATS Audio (the one that I should rename) and what is its name?? I'm soooo friggin close to having this beast installed and working (I think)!!!

BTW -- great site. Always wondered where all the cool RAZR dev folks were hangin'. :D

all i did was rename the dspmanager to dspmanager.bak altho i dont think that it said dspmanager to start with. I think it said beatsdsp or dspbeats something along them lines. just take away akp and replace it with bak.

#262 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

all i did was rename the dspmanager to dspmanager.bak altho i dont think that it said dspmanager to start with. I think it said beatsdsp or dspbeats something along them lines. just take away akp and replace it with bak.

Got it working. Thanks.

Another few additional questions for you fine folks ...

- When using Bluetooth to listen via my automobile sound system (Ford w/ Ford Sync), the BEATS B/T tab does nothing; however the SPEAKER tab will affect the sound. The BEATS speaker settings are rather limited and seem to be more for using the Razr internal speaker. The Beats B/T settings are much more extensive allowing for more control. Anyone else find that Beats B/T settings do not work when connected their car audio system via B/T? Anyway to get this to work?

- Seems to only work with Google Play Music for me. Anyone have it working with other steaming services Pandora or Spotify, etc?

Thanks!!!

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#263 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Worked first time on stock, rooted, bootstrapped .211. No modifying any files. Works great. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#264 damagickid

damagickid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Got it working. Thanks.

Another few additional questions for you fine folks ...

- When using Bluetooth to listen via my automobile sound system (Ford w/ Ford Sync), the BEATS B/T tab does nothing; however the SPEAKER tab will affect the sound. The BEATS speaker settings are rather limited and seem to be more for using the Razr internal speaker. The Beats B/T settings are much more extensive allowing for more control. Anyone else find that Beats B/T settings do not work when connected their car audio system via B/T? Anyway to get this to work?

- Seems to only work with Google Play Music for me. Anyone have it working with other steaming services Pandora or Spotify, etc?

Thanks!!!

I have seen the same thing while in my car the bluetooth will not work. Only Speaker. And all i have got to work is google music as well. I would rather use audiogalaxy but owell.

#265 AStoke002

AStoke002

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

Changed DPS .APK to .BAK and beats now working :) (with Apollo) thanks for the help

#266 kreez

kreez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

AWESOME!!! Works really well in my XT910 running EU ICS leak. My RAZR's audio quality is much much better now.. Poweramp+this mod = rocks! B)
Thanks!

#267 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

I followed the instructions in the OP, plus I have renamed and moved the DSP manager APK. Still no beats icon. When I open Apollo and open the equalizer SoundFX is there.
I reflashed the zip with the same result...any thoughts?
I'm running Arctic over .211
Ross

#268 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

Anyone have any luck getting this to work with Poweramp?

removed

#269 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

Anyone have any luck getting this to work with Poweramp?

The guy 2 posts above you lol.

#270 Collin James

Collin James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

The guy 2 posts above you lol.

Ha ah, I see. Okay, well then my next question is what settings do you need to tweak to get this working on PA?

removed

#271 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Ha ah, I see. Okay, well then my next question is what settings do you need to tweak to get this working on PA?

I honestly have no idea, I've only gotten it to work with Google Music or whatever stock music player the build has. Never PowerAmp though, maybe he's getting a placebo effect? lol.

#272 Snafoo

Snafoo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

Will this work on rooted OTA ICS?
With the manual install of course.

#273 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

Will this work on rooted OTA ICS? With the manual install of course.

Look in the OP lol, states every ROM/Build that it has been confirmed working on.

#274 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hicks you have the patience of a saint.................... :)

Proud father of a US Marine

#275 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hicks you have the patience of a saint.................... :)

Saint Hicks. Has a pretty nice ring to it!!

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#276 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

^^^

LOL....seriously....I dont know how he does it...

But yea im having probs w/ Beats....Its shows up installed and it opens just fine....but it's not affecting the sound one way or the other.....I've altered the EQ control from one extreme to the other....nothing...

I made the file changes with ROM toolbox and still nothing....

I have a question about that tho....When making the changes to the build.prop file, is there a particular place in that file you need to those commands?

Also, Beats should alter ANY sound (streaming) coming out of the phone, not just mp3 files?

#277 AStoke002

AStoke002

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

^^^

LOL....seriously....I dont know how he does it...

But yea im having probs w/ Beats....Its shows up installed and it opens just fine....but it's not affecting the sound one way or the other.....I've altered the EQ control from one extreme to the other....nothing...

I made the file changes with ROM toolbox and still nothing....

I have a question about that tho....When making the changes to the build.prop file, is there a particular place in that file you need to those commands?

Also, Beats should alter ANY sound (streaming) coming out of the phone, not just mp3 files?

Im not sure why but it seems to only work with non-streaming audio but its still sick :)
  • JJT211 likes this

#278 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm on STOCK/ROOTED ICS 2.11. I could never get the flash to install it so I just extracted the ZIP and manually placed the files in the required folders on my phone. I then set the Beats.APK permissions as required, wiped cache and dalvik cache, and then re-booted. BAM!!! Beats Audio!! (BTW - I never altered my build.props file, as suggested in the OP).

Google Play is all that seems to work with it for me -- at least form a STREAMING stand-point. Haven't heard of any others like Spotify, Slacker, Pandora, etc., working.

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#279 Snafoo

Snafoo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

My RAZR is XT912 stock OTA ICS but rooted.
I installed it manually and it soft bricked my phone.

Just say'in...

#280 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

My RAZR is XT912 stock OTA ICS but rooted.
I installed it manually and it soft bricked my phone.

Just say'in...

Then you screwed up something, just sayin....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  • longhornsguy07 and JJT211 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, beats, audio, ics, gingerbread, dsp manager, beats audio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users