[Mod] Beats Audio (Flashable Zip) (6/27/2012)

music beats audio ics gingerbread dsp manager beats audio

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#81 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:09 AM

I dont even see a link for the download...

#82 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

They have been pulled till he can figure out why it don't work for everybody.

#83 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hmm..i was able to flash this using ics bootstrap and it works perfect.wiped cache/davik and i was str8.now i think im going def using my beats earbuds. thank spc:)

#84 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

OP updated with a NON-FLASHABLE zip. You have to copy/paste all the files manually but it WILL work :)

#85 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

OP updated with a NON-FLASHABLE zip. You have to copy/paste all the files manually but it WILL work :)

<3 You Hicks.

#86 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

I still can't get the app to install. I'm deodexed ROM is that a problem?

#87 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I still can't get the app to install. I'm deodexed ROM is that a problem?

You don't install it. Read the OP.

#88 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Downloading & attempting now. All permissions need to be set to the standard RW-R--R--, correct?

#89 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Downloading & attempting now. All permissions need to be set to the standard RW-R--R--, correct?

You are correct sir!
  • PillClinton likes this

#90 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hicks, you're not going to like my feedback.

Unless I did something wrong, it didn't work for me. As you know, I already tried flashing the previous zips, so all of the files contained in your new zip were already present on my system. I followed the directions in the OP, and I'm familiar with copying/pasting files to /system. Do I need to delete the old files manually first, then reload the new files? Or, is an overwrite sufficient? Is there any difference between the 2 sets of files? I use ES File Explorer & it said it was overwriting them... I did delete & then re-copy & set permissions on the BeatsControl.apk though.

#91 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

You don't install it. Read the OP.

I did read the OP I did it like it said but when I rebooted it still wasn't there so I went to system/app and that's when I tried to install it there and I got a problem parsing.

#92 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Hicks, you're not going to like my feedback.

Unless I did something wrong, it didn't work for me. As you know, I already tried flashing the previous zips, so all of the files contained in your new zip were already present on my system. I followed the directions in the OP, and I'm familiar with copying/pasting files to /system. Do I need to delete the old files manually first, then reload the new files? Or, is an overwrite sufficient? Is there any difference between the 2 sets of files? I use ES File Explorer & it said it was overwriting them... I did delete & then re-copy & set permissions on the BeatsControl.apk though.

Ok what ROM or build version are you guys on?

I did read the OP I did it like it said but when I rebooted it still wasn't there so I went to system/app and that's when I tried to install it there and I got a problem parsing.

#93 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

181. The new Ikream rom that just came out. It has dsp manager on it if that is a problem.

#94 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

Ok what ROM or build version are you guys on?

.181 with Eclipse 1.3 over the top

#95 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Went back to .181 myself and no matter what I do, the app will not show up. Guess I'll have to put something on here that says it's for ICS only because that's the only system that the app is compatible with.

However, the files are compatible with ANY android version and you should still here a difference, you just won't be able to change anything.

#96 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

OP updated to reflect changes, please make sure you read the ENITRE OP. There is a little *note for Gingerbread users as well.

#97 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thanks Hicks hopefully I'll be on ics in the next few Weeks and be able to use the app. I don't have to do the fix permissions cause I tried that to see if it could help get the app going.

Edit: your a busy man always having to get someone else to help cause your leaving every time I come to your post :)

#98 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

First off I'm rooted running the .79 ICS leak with no bloat frozen.

I'm having an issue with the beats control apk... I followed the op and moved the files to proper locations, set permissions on beatscontrol.apk, rebooted etc... I can open the beats control app, but the settings do nothing... tried bluetooth headset, tried plugging in to headphone jack... none of the beats control settings will function... I did find under system settings > sound > there is a music effects option that pulls up a menu to select MusicFX or BEATSControl... tried messing with that setting...(btw if I open that setting and beatscontrol is already selected and I push ok I get a FC from MusicFX.... doesn't do it if I have MusicFX selected and then select beatscontrol and then click ok) My question is what could be causing the FC in MusicFX? am I missing a file somewhere or is .79 not compatible with the beats mods? I checked the zip file and made sure all the files were put into the right place... all the files in the bin directory are copied over to my /system/bin directory, and all the files in the etc directory are copied over to my /system/etc folder, the beats control apk is copied to my /system/app directory and the permissions are set to rw-r--r-- Is anyone else having this issue? or am I the unlucky one?

#99 streetpounder

streetpounder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OH

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Worked on mine with .75 with the axiom mods

#100 tpace75

tpace75

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

First off I'm rooted running the .79 ICS leak with no bloat frozen.

I'm having an issue with the beats control apk... I followed the op and moved the files to proper locations, set permissions on beatscontrol.apk, rebooted etc... I can open the beats control app, but the settings do nothing... tried bluetooth headset, tried plugging in to headphone jack... none of the beats control settings will function... I did find under system settings > sound > there is a music effects option that pulls up a menu to select MusicFX or BEATSControl... tried messing with that setting...(btw if I open that setting and beatscontrol is already selected and I push ok I get a FC from MusicFX.... doesn't do it if I have MusicFX selected and then select beatscontrol and then click ok) My question is what could be causing the FC in MusicFX? am I missing a file somewhere or is .79 not compatible with the beats mods? I checked the zip file and made sure all the files were put into the right place... all the files in the bin directory are copied over to my /system/bin directory, and all the files in the etc directory are copied over to my /system/etc folder, the beats control apk is copied to my /system/app directory and the permissions are set to rw-r--r-- Is anyone else having this issue? or am I the unlucky one?

I am in the same spot. Changing the settings does nothing. But I don't have any fc issues with the music app.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, beats, audio, ics, gingerbread, dsp manager, beats audio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users