Photo

Ics 4.0.4 Update (6.16.209) - No Downgrading From This!

• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

#61 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

For those on 209, is it faster /smoother than 206? I like 206 and don't want to go through all the work of setting everything back up if it's not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You know, if you have Razr BootStrap installed you can backup all your data before you upgrade then when you are re-rooted you can restore all your games, apps, desktop, messages,contacts it's worked far better for me than TI Backup or My Backup Pro and it will backup your system too if you want.

#62 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

On .209 rooted thanks to you all. Kinda sucks that flash stopped working for me after rooting and stuff, but these leaks have me impressed. Excited to see what the official is gonna look like. Keep up the amazing work.

I don't know if this will help the Adobe flash issue, but I picked up a trick from DMX on Youtube. I have my Kindle Fire Rooted and it wouldn't play any Amazon Videos. But if I use the Voodoo OTA and Temp Disable root my videos from Prime play perfectly, it works with the Market videos too so maybe it will work with Adobe.
  • solo1414 likes this

#63 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

I don't know if this will help the Adobe flash issue, but I picked up a trick from DMX on Youtube. I have my Kindle Fire Rooted and it wouldn't play any Amazon Videos. But if I use the Voodoo OTA and Temp Disable root my videos from Prime play perfectly, it works with the Market videos too so maybe it will work with Adobe.

Pretty good idea, will have to try it sometime.

Sent from my Droid RAZR (stock 4.0.4)

#64 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Just fastbooted from .79 and am bickering with myself as to whether or not.I'm updating to this today.

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#65 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Just fastbooted from .79 and am bickering with myself as to whether or not.I'm updating to this today.

Lol wait till .210 comes out. Im sure they will leak it soon.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#66 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Lol wait till .210 comes out. Im sure they will leak it soon.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

I fastbooted back to .181 this morning specifically for this purpose.

#67 dellenrules

dellenrules

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Doesn't work. I tried.
Don't believe it's a root issue.
Disabling root works for some apps like Hulu Plus and Google Play videos, but the Flash issue is not one of them.

#68 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

I fastbooted back to .181 this morning specifically for this purpose.

The way speed these leaks are popping out I'm surprised we're not seeing one every night.

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#69 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

So is this any better than 206?? Really haven't seen many people compare the two

#70 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Debating on if I want to bite the bullet or not.......

#71 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

Debating on if I want to bite the bullet or not.......

Seeing how there is no radio/kernal update and I replace my system anyways, I myself held off on my primary phone. I did install on another phone but haven't played around with it. It's bone stock.

#72 Fadelight

Fadelight

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Yes, you have to reroot. I'm amazed at how many people in here are having trouble all of a sudden... I had no problems and all I did was repeat what I did to move from .84 to .208.. This is easy. If you're coming from .181 all you have to do is: 1. Fastboot to .181 to make sure you're completely stock 2. Root 3. Install ROM Manager 4. DO NOT CLICK INSTALL RECOVERY, AND DO NOT INSTALL BOOTSTRAP 5. Copy the update file and the .crc to /cache 6. Open /cache in a file browser of your choosing that will prompt you which application to use instead of opening the .zip file itself (I can't remember which I used, but yeah) 7. Tap on the .zip and open it with ROM Manager 8. Don't check anything in the popup and reboot recovery 9. It will flash and finish 10. Done! I recommend factory resetting again here. Reroot if you want.

Tried that method three times. It gets about 1/3 of the way through installing the package and then the phone reboots (The screen is the package installer, so nothing to indicate what went wrong), then it reboots into .181. And yes... I followed your instructions to the letter. :( Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

#73 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Seeing how there is no radio/kernal update and I replace my system anyways, I myself held off on my primary phone. I did install on another phone but haven't played around with it. It's bone stock.

I'm on .181 though lol

#74 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

The way speed these leaks are popping out I'm surprised we're not seeing one every night.

I think we'll get the ota when it reaches 404...

#75 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm on .181 though lol

Wow..old school! That's right. You were on 79, right? What the heck are you waiting on? :)

Honestly, now that we have good roms for the leaks, I don't feel as regretful for installing the leaks. I have the best of both worlds now.

#76 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm on .181 though lol

I'm right with you. Bone stock on .181. This is my only phone though so I'm being a bit cautious.

#77 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Wow..old school! That's right. You were on 79, right? What the heck are you waiting on?

Honestly, now that we have good roms for the leaks, I don't feel as regretful for installing the leaks. I have the best of both worlds now.

Good point lol. Gotta charge up first though haha.

#78 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Good point lol. Gotta charge up first though haha.

Is this your only phone?

#79 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Just downloaded. I'm really really still debating flashing it.

#80 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Just downloaded. I'm really really still debating flashing it.

We may see an ota any day now. Be one of the few that stayed on the path and didn't fall to temptation....

.....or flash away and enjoy some real ICS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users