#81 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx hd, og droid razr

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Been running this ROM for over two weeks absolutely love this rom! Battery is awesome pic below (4 hours of screen time + music)

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

• somber73 likes this

#82 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Im sorry I should have explained myself better I meant wifi tether.

I used the Native WiFi tether in a meeting this past Friday and had myself 2 other folks with Laptops accessing Internet via my phone.   Works fine for me.  Sorry -- not much help, but at least you know it's not the ROM.

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#83 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Im in a crap signal area may be I just need a better signal. Although my note does work. Have you noticed signal takes a little longer to lock on this rom. Again Im in a bad area but it did seem that 4.1.2 roms were a bit better.

#84 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yeah.  It does take a little bit longer, but not to the point where it is problematic.  I'm in a mediocre coverage area -- not good, but not horrible.  

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#85 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yeah.  It does take a little bit longer, but not to the point where it is problematic.  I'm in a mediocre coverage area -- not good, but not horrible.

It is a little problematic here. Within a 6 mile radius or srtetch at the cabin Iam on a network extender when I leave after about a mile I can grab 3G if I go to the bar to the east I can get 3G most times if I go west I get 4G. On this rom I pretty much have to be at either place to get a signal where as on the 4.1.2 roms I got signal comming and going. Make any sense?

#86 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Do you feel lucky?  Here's a radio flash that may help:  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#87 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

I would try it Iin a heart beat if you could go back if it didnt work

#88 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Somber,

Don't know if there are Nightlies of this ROM, but if there are, any chance of updating?  I'm getting infrequent and random freezing / locking.  In most cases after about 45-60 seconds, I am able to get some sort of respponse, but it is rather sluggish until a reboot.  I'm hoping that any updates that may have been made will address.  I REALLY don't want to have to go with another ROM.

Your thoughts?? 

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#89 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Same here Rip tried cross breader worked for awhile but back to same this has been the best of all I tried though. Biggest problem for me is data if I leave my cabin I get nothing for miles the note gets a signal. On 4.1.2 the razr ate the note up data wise.

#90 somber73

somber73

Ringmaster

• Developer
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@xSomber73
  • Google+:nytesblood@gmail.com
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Somber,

Don't know if there are Nightlies of this ROM, but if there are, any chance of updating? I'm getting infrequent and random freezing / locking. In most cases after about 45-60 seconds, I am able to get some sort of respponse, but it is rather sluggish until a reboot. I'm hoping that any updates that may have been made will address. I REALLY don't want to have to go with another ROM.

Your thoughts??

it hasn't been updated no nightlies right biw is love to do then the dev is taking a small break for life then on to 4.3. :) . when I have a little extra time I can see if I can update the base that may help solve some issues

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

Donations Not Necessary but tia :)

#91 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

it hasn't been updated no nightlies right biw is love to do then the dev is taking a small break for life then on to 4.3.  :) . when I have a little extra time I can see if I can update the base that may help solve some issues

Doh -- forgot about 4.3.  Seems efforts are being directed to 4.3 and that makes sense to me.    I think the base update may do the trick.  This ROM is as close to perfect as it gets, so any help would be most appreciated.  One last one for the road before 4.3-based Rootbox!!

Thanks!!

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#92 somber73

somber73

Ringmaster

• Developer
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@xSomber73
  • Google+:nytesblood@gmail.com
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Doh -- forgot about 4.3. Seems efforts are being directed to 4.3 and that makes sense to me. I think the base update may do the trick. This ROM is as close to perfect as it gets, so any help would be most appreciated. One last one for the road before 4.3-based Rootbox!!

Thanks!!

I'll give it a shot

Posted Image

Donations Not Necessary but tia :)

#93 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):razor maxx

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Does your Google now work cause mine doesn't. I have slim gapps installed to. Version 4.2.2 7/15 7x. Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

#94 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

GNow works fine.  I've used the one included in the "official" GAPPs and the one included in Eclipse Inverted GAPPs w/ no issues. 

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#95 cristaldi89

cristaldi89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hi, using this rom and LOVE it, very smoth and crisp. Just wondering, I use the motorola car dock in my car, obviously, and I was wondering if there was a way to put the orginal motorola car home app from the stock rom onto this vanillarootbox rom.

Basically, when the device was plugged into the dock the, the car home application automatically started.

For this I think i need the motorola dock service odex and dock helper odex from the originally rom.

I would also need to install the motorola car home apk from the original rom.

Also, included in the application was the voice commands function.

In my google play store, under my apps it actually list the motorola voice commands program, and lets my download it and install it. However, when i try to open it the message, "Not a system app. Illegal Installation" appears. I would like to get that functionality back aswell.

All of this software is on the stock Blur rom, but I really like using custom roms becuase in many other ways they are better. I am trying to figure out how to put this functionallity into this particular rom. Now, I understand that some ROMS, such as XENON HD, do contain a car home program, but I do enjoy this particular rom.

In the pursuit of learning something, I would like to try and and install this functionallity but I am unsure where to begin.

I have an Nandroid back-up of my stock rom.

Is there a way to pull the necessary files from the stock rom and install/place them in the proper location to have the dock work as stock, with the stock car home app, as well as the voice commands app.

I have tried to read the information from the Nandroid Backup which was done using TWRP.

On my desktop using windows 7, the only information in the back-up folder containing the stock rom, is all ext4 format or otherwise unreadable.

I can use some car home apps from the google play store but they are all really cheap in comparision to the stock motorola car home. Thanks so much for anyone with any help. By the way, I have been surfing this forum for about 3 months now trying roms and learning things, but I am still fairly new to this stuff. Thanks to all those developers as well for doing such a great job with all this custom roms. This is my first post so I thought Id say it all.

#96 timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes

• Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Anyone else getting "No external storage available" when trying to access the camera or gallery?
Sent from Above

#97 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Nope it gets a little laggy but you can pull it back. My only problem is signal I can get 3G and 4G but not in pla es where I got it before or at least not right away takes a bit to lock on wonder if its because I havent updated to latest modem?

#98 bjoostema1933

bjoostema1933

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx /Nexus 7

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

I live in a less than desirable service area and the new radio helped me out quite a bit.  All 4.2+ firmware seems to take a bit longer to connect for me, but it always does. I just used fastboot to flash the radio and it's fairly painless.  If you don't see any improvement on it, you can always revert using matt's utility.  Assuming your bl is unlocked. If it is, I'd try the new radio :)

#99 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

Anyone else getting "No external storage available" when trying to access the camera or gallery?

You wouldn't happened to be plugged into PC would you? :blink:

.... are you having fun yet? ... if not, YOU SHOULD BE!!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#100 timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes

• Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

You wouldn't happened to be plugged into PC would you? :blink:

.... are you having fun yet? ... if not, YOU SHOULD BE!!!

I am not plugged into a pc and I had the same issue on carbon. I can access my extsdcard with root explorer. Its weird
  • livinginkaos likes this
Sent from Above

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users