Photo

[Mod] Inverted Gapps For Moto Ics Leak Roms Only ( Updated 7-7-12 )

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 emiliobadillio

emiliobadillio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Not to doubt you, but Matt's post for his rom specifically says some motoblur apps were replaced with "smaller, more efficient Android Open Source Project appssuch as but not limited to Gallery, Clock, Calendar, Calculator, Email, Messaging, Browser Messaging app".

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So there's no way to get it to work on Arctic ICS then?

#42 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Not to doubt you, but Matt's post for his rom specifically says some motoblur apps were replaced with "smaller, more efficient Android Open Source Project appssuch as but not limited to Gallery, Clock, Calendar, Calculator, Email, Messaging, Browser Messaging app".

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So there's no way to get it to work on Arctic ICS then?

Didn't know matt replaced the mms app sorry about that. Here is what you can do. Go to system apps using rom toolbox pro. Press and hold mms. Select move and place it in a folder on your SD card for safe keeping. Extract mms zip using rom tool box pro. Copy mms apk and go to system apps. Copy here it will add it to list. When finished set permissions.
Reboot you should be good

vtc.png

#43 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

Heya all odds are these will not work on any ROM that has blur stuff in it. These are done for use with custom ROMs like AOSP, Cm9, AOKP...etc. i do not and refuse to run any stock based ROM so I do not test them on those types of ROMs.

#44 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

"where can i find inverted gapps!" is such a common question...maybe this should be a sticky? :)

also, protip. Don't go into data/app and delete the gmail apk. you will have problems. :D uninstall it properly, reboot, drop inverted gapps in data/app

Agreed.... however really no need to drop the *.apk into /data/app. Once you unistall Gmail you currently have just reboot and click the file and it will install properly.

As a side note people need to look at the ROM they are running. Some devs put Gmail in /system/app folder. If that is the case you need to manually delete or rename gmail.apk in /system/app. Then reboot the device so you can install the Inverted version from this thread. This actually goes for ANY of the app that are in Signed *.apk format. All the *.zip files don't have to worry about this tho. they flashable file will take care of getting rid of the old version for you.

#45 thadroidz

thadroidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

I wiped cache and dalvik before flashing the Inverted All in 1 with Safestrap, and all apps are working great except MMS. Any solution for getting MMS inverted? Using Arctic Rom .211.

Navigate to system/app look for "messaging.apk" that is the stock name
The new app needs to be renamed to this.

Edit: while in there look for "mms.apk" the zip file should have put it there already if so rename it to "messaging.apk"
---MAXX'ed this post out---

#46 emiliobadillio

emiliobadillio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

I see a "com.android.mms-2.apk" with a green icon and an "Mms.apk" with a blue icon. The messaging app in my dock is green.

#47 thadroidz

thadroidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

I see a "com.android.mms-2.apk" with a green icon and an "Mms.apk" with a blue icon. The messaging app in my dock is green.

The blue is the inverted .. change com.android. moms-2.apk to. "****.apk.bak"

Then rename mms.apk to com.android.mms-2.apk
Reboot

#48 thadroidz

thadroidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

The green should disappear from the dock, just drag the new icon from the app drawer after reboot

#49 emiliobadillio

emiliobadillio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

The blue is the inverted .. change com.android. moms-2.apk to. "****.apk.bak"

Then rename mms.apk to com.android.mms-2.apk
Reboot

This worked perfectly on Arctic ICS. Upon restart, the icon changed to blue and it was inverted. Thanks!

#50 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Glad to hear you got it. And thx for the help/input Thadroidz

#51 mydroidrazrmaxx

mydroidrazrmaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Worked like a charm.... :) Thanks ? do I need to flash my rom again if I want to go back to the white background, I should of saved the file for gmail instead of deleting it..

#52 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

is there an updated version of these inverted gaps. I know gmail had some updates after this post was made. would be much appreciated.

#53 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

I've been on vacation since 7/26 and have not looked at or touched anything relative to Android. I just got back yesterday so once i get back in the grove and get things settled around the house and work I'll get back into things. So it may be a bit before and update comes as I have alot of catching up to do atm, and my sons b'day is in 2 days as well.

#54 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

I've been on vacation since 7/26 and have not looked at or touched anything relative to Android. I just got back yesterday so once i get back in the grove and get things settled around the house and work I'll get back into things. So it may be a bit before and update comes as I have alot of catching up to do atm, and my sons b'day is in 2 days as well.

That sounds great hope he has a wonderful birthday and look forward to an update! thanks for the reply

#55 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

i noticed that when I actually open an email in Gmail, the page is white with black ink. Is there a way to invert that aswell?
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#56 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

i noticed that when I actually open an email in Gmail, the page is white with black ink. Is there a way to invert that aswell?

The same goes for stock email. Not sure if there's a way but I kind of like it that way. Makes the body of the email easier to read while the controls remain inverted (send, forward etc.)

#57 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

awesome... anyway maybe a inverted google+?

#58 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Heya all sorry on my falling off the face of the earth. Some personal stuff has come up since coming back from vacation and its taking up alot of my time as of late. That said I'm willing to try to find some time updating these at least one last time I think and its mainly for 2 reasons. One currently I'm really not using my Moto anymore as I've got an SG3 these days now as well as the Maxx & my Gnex, so to many to keep up with. And with the personal stuff I'm really not staying up to date on things recently anyways. Second thing is the original dev who was letting me use work to make these workable on the Motos is no longer updating for ICS. All his updates are going forward with JellyBean of the Gapps. And with me be behind I have no idea if the JB version will work on okay on ICS based ROMs.

So with that all said I need your input. One should I just update all these with the JellyBean apps, or do I go and do it with his last update of ICS but I'm not sure how dated those are atm. FYI the app that are in *.apk format that are signed and installable I will get updated as soon as I have time ot download and get them uploaded so i can update the links correctly. The key to make a decision on and I'd like oyu input is on the few Gapps that need to be in *.zip format so thy can be flashed in CWM ( ie SafeStrap)

#59 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

I think for now we should stick with the ICS version until Jellybean rolls out for our phones. Or if you really want to go out on a limb why not provide both.

#60 kingrazr

kingrazr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

I am trying to make my email app inverted. I have tried removing it using TiBu and it didn't work. I also tried to remove it using rom toolbox and that also didn't work. Any tips on getting my Gmail app inverted?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users