#1 composi

composi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:Jorell_EC
  • Google+:Jorell Albino

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm having trouble installing the ICS leak (the first one). I'll detail what I'm doing.

1. RSD'd to 173
2. Using Matt's Utility, rooted GB (option 2)
3. Install Voodoo to Save Root
4. Download & Install ES File Explorer
5. Download & Install Rom Manager (Free)
6. Copy both update & crc files to /cache ( Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip & Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.crc )
7. Tap on zip file, choose to open with Rom Manager, hit "OK"

After that didn't work, I went back and did the same thing, only this time instead of tapping the file that i copied to /cache, i went back to the original file (after having copied to /cache) on my sd card (ext) and tapped on that...didn't work either.
I even tried verifying my steps with a youtube video.
My phone is an insurance replacement phone that shipped with 181, don't know if that affects anything.

Anyways, supposedly ICS is going to start rolling out tomorrow (emphasis on the SUPPOSEDLY), so it wouldn't be life-altering if it didn't work, just want to know what I'm doing wrong since I had no problems installing the ICS leak on my previous Razr.

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

If you're trying to go to any leak other than .75, you need to be on .181 for that. Not .173.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#3 composi

composi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Gotcha. Thing is, the files I have now are the files I had before from when the ICS leak was first discovered and the file names were the ones i mentioned in the OP. Should I update to 181 and change the file name accordingly? I tried doing that for 748 and it didn't work (obviously), but I don't know if it'll work going forward instead of backwards.

#4 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

ok after you RSD you need to wipe data and cache in the stock recovery
start from scratch
its important
if that doesnt work come to chat and ill help you out
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#5 composi

composi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Will do man, thank you!

#6 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Gotcha. Thing is, the files I have now are the files I had before from when the ICS leak was first discovered and the file names were the ones i mentioned in the OP. Should I update to 181 and change the file name accordingly? I tried doing that for 748 and it didn't work (obviously), but I don't know if it'll work going forward instead of backwards.

no that wont work.. Hicks must be busy right now he didnt read it all correctly :D
good man he is though.
anyway ill help you out
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#7 composi

composi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm re-downloading the files to see if maybe, just maybe, I mixed the 181 files with the 173...unlikely, but i've gone over everything so many times now that it seems like the only logical explanation is that i'm using the wrong files.

#8 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Another thing is to make sure that you don't have any bootstraps of any kind. That can cause the installation to fail as well. When you open up ROM Manager, make sure that the app doesn't say that your Razr has Clockworkmod in it. If it does, follow the Droid Razr Utility to restore to stock because that will wipe away bootstrap.
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'm re-downloading the files to see if maybe, just maybe, I mixed the 181 files with the 173...unlikely, but i've gone over everything so many times now that it seems like the only logical explanation is that i'm using the wrong files.

Keep in mind the file names are wacky. We have several ICS leaks labeled .181 because Moto tends to label their updates with the name of the system you are coming FROM, not going to. As if that makes it any less confusing. As stated though, all these ICS leaks require your system version to be .181, not .173, it's predecessor.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#10 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Keep in mind the file names are wacky. We have several ICS leaks labeled .181 because Moto tends to label their updates with the name of the system you are coming FROM, not going to. As if that makes it any less confusing. As stated though, all these ICS leaks require your system version to be .181, not .173, it's predecessor.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

The first ics leak (.75) was based off of 173 which the op said he us trying to install. So he would have to be on .173.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#11 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

Why not go with 79.... it is more stable and functional than 75 for sure from my experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#12 composi

composi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

I got it to work, thank you all for your suggestions. I re-downloaded the files and it worked perfectly. I wanted to get on 79 but the 75 links were easier to find. And yeah, thank you for pointing out that YES I was trying to install the FIRST, ORIGINAL leak, so yes I did have to be on 173 because no one probably outside of Motorola had any idea 181 was coming. Thank you all for the suggestions, I guess they were just corrupt downloads or more than likely I named them wrong and then got confused.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics leak, razr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users