#41 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

So I shouldn't give my opinion anymore and instead just not comment unless it's too say "awesome! This rom is the best!" with no explanation of what makes it awesome and the best?

With all due respect. This thread is not really the best place to submit your bug reports as it's just an announcement.

However, the PACman Team is more than welcome to accepting bug reports. And

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you! :)

• KaChow and pazuzuftw like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#42 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

Fortunately, I'm not submitting a bug report. And I'm not being disrespectful of someone's hard work. I'm saying I don't like the end result and why. Perhaps a bit coarsely. Respecting the time put in does not mean I have to like what was produced.

And AGAIN, I'm saying all this so people can hear multiple angles and opinions of the rom.
  • LDubs likes this

#43 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr MAXX HD

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Fortunately, I'm not submitting a bug report. And I'm not being disrespectful of someone's hard work. I'm saying I don't like the end result and why. Perhaps a bit coarsely. Respecting the time put in does not mean I have to like what was produced.

In my humble opinion, suggesting that the devs' work is a "hack job" is, by the very nature of the phrase, not respecting their time put in at all.

Additionally, as a long-time PAC user, I can confirm that there are no redundancies in the settings.  I agree that the settings in older versions of PAC were disorganized, but there were no conflicting settings that I can recall, and certainly none in the newest version.  The organization has come a long way as well, and is much more intuitive.

• timpohladthomas and KiCzX07 like this

#44 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

I would have to agree. While I will say there are two or three features that are redundantly offered by both CM and AOKP, they are still pretty different in the way they're set up. For example, the notification pull down power toggles can be implemented by the CM way or the AOKP way. I prefer the AOKP way. Plus the AOKP ribbons feature is WAAY better than the CM power toggles with widgets (or whatever it is).

IDK if any of you folks remember the "old" Pacman, hell, even the one based on 4.2.2. This rom has come a very long way by leaps and bounds. And what I like about it, is that it includes every and any feature I could find on the original CM/PA/AOKP roms, PLUS extras. Instead of having to grab a different rom that the dev just cherry-picked the (same) mods anyway. Pac gives you an inclusive variety. There's NO rom out there with this many features that you can either choose to use or ignore.

And keep in mind, this rom is still in it's Nightly stage! I think for a nightly, beta rom, it runs pretty damn well. I worked with them while they were doing 4.3 Alphas, and even then it was a pretty stable rom. Pacman has nowhere to go but UP, imo.

• djhbomber1, marleyinoc and RikRong like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#45 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

I totally agree that it runs like a tank, and said so from the start

#46 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

I am on day two of this ROM xt926 version. Upgraded from Slimbean 4.2.2 and now I am benchmarking higher and phone is way cooler! Had some launcher issues so I switched to Apex and I am better now. Only real annoying bug I found is the volume for phone calls is very low even turned up all the way. This makes it hard to actually talk on my phone lol! I have also been getting a lot of "Unfortunately, the process blah blah blah has stopped etc". Blame Tyler. Who's Tyler and why is he to blame for everything. I feel kind of bad for him although that is funny. I have also tried to go into Pac console and do a OTA update. The OTA starts to download for a split second then fails, everytime. It says there's an update....

Overall this ROM has been very solid, has great features, rus fast and smooth. I am impressed needless to say and I am very thankfull for the developer's hard work, keep it up! I want to help out as much as I can.

#47 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

I have a question, in the exchange email app, how do I change it so it is not split screen?

#48 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the write up man. 

#49 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

I have a question, in the exchange email app, how do I change it so it is not split screen?

Two ways. Easiest, by default the notification box toggles include a box that will say the name of the app, the dpi, the resolution and the default colors. So open the app you want to adjust, pull down the box toggles and click that box and change the layout to 360p then hit apply. It'll refresh the app back into phone mode.

The other way is in the Hybrid settings, select Apps, find the app you want to adjust and change the same setting.

The box in the middle here vvvv

Edit: And yes, the name of my Wifi is indeed "I Like French Fries"

Posted Image

I am on day two of this ROM xt926 version. Upgraded from Slimbean 4.2.2 and now I am benchmarking higher and phone is way cooler! Had some launcher issues so I switched to Apex and I am better now. Only real annoying bug I found is the volume for phone calls is very low even turned up all the way. This makes it hard to actually talk on my phone lol! I have also been getting a lot of "Unfortunately, the process blah blah blah has stopped etc". Blame Tyler. Who's Tyler and why is he to blame for everything. I feel kind of bad for him although that is funny. I have also tried to go into Pac console and do a OTA update. The OTA starts to download for a split second then fails, everytime. It says there's an update....

Overall this ROM has been very solid, has great features, rus fast and smooth. I am impressed needless to say and I am very thankfull for the developer's hard work, keep it up! I want to help out as much as I can.

I hear ya about the volume bug. That could also be something that needs to be ironed out in the kernel. Hard to say. I get some of the FC's, blame Tyler, etc as well. But for an Alpha, I think it's a pretty damn nice ROM, especially since it's running 4.3 this well as an Alpha.

From what I've heard, the OTA thing is not 100% implemented yet, which ist why you're getting that.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is available. Give that one a shot.

Edited by tucstwo, 03 September 2013 - 04:11 PM.

• lowvolt likes this

#50 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3,

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Two ways. Easiest, by default the notification box toggles include a box that will say the name of the app, the dpi, the resolution and the default colors. So open the app you want to adjust, pull down the box toggles and click that box and change the layout to 360p then hit apply. It'll refresh the app back into phone mode.

The other way is in the Hybrid settings, select Apps, find the app you want to adjust and change the same setting.

The box in the middle here vvvv

Edit: And yes, the name of my Wifi is indeed "I Like French Fries"

Posted Image

How did you make the quick settings squares different colors?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#51 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

How did you make the quick settings squares different colors?

good question. We want to know.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#52 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

good question. We want to know.

:D

#53 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Courtesy of Tucs (he happened to give me this the other day): Settings>Pac-Man>Statusbar>Toggles>Quick Settings Style> QS Random Colors.

• tucstwo, useltonm and lowvolt like this

#54 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Courtesy of Tucs (he happened to give me this the other day): Settings>Pac-Man>Statusbar>Toggles>Quick Settings Style> QS Random Colors.

Thank you Sir!

#55 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Any idea why my status bar disappears after I enabled the random colors?

#56 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

no problem here with it. Did you try re booting?

#57 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Enabling random colors breaks SystemUI.apk until you reboot.  I use fullscreen mode PIE so I didn't notice it until I tried to go home like 10 times lol

#58 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Enabling random colors breaks SystemUI.apk until you reboot. I use fullscreen mode PIE so I didn't notice it until I tried to go home like 10 times lol

I enabled random colors with no system ui break.

#59 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I enabled random colors with no system ui break.

Hm, perhaps there is a combination of settings that when enabled break it temporarily. NBD either way, just interesting.

#60 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

What is the purpose of the multi squares next to Google in the search bar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users