#61 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

How did you make the quick settings squares different colors?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

good question. We want to know.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

:D

Courtesy of Tucs (he happened to give me this the other day): Settings>Pac-Man>Statusbar>Toggles>Quick Settings Style> QS Random Colors.

Thank you Sir!

Any idea why my status bar disappears after I enabled the random colors?

no problem here with it. Did you try re booting?

Enabling random colors breaks SystemUI.apk until you reboot.  I use fullscreen mode PIE so I didn't notice it until I tried to go home like 10 times lol

I enabled random colors with no system ui break.

Hm, perhaps there is a combination of settings that when enabled break it temporarily. NBD either way, just interesting.

What Craig said...Settings>Pac-Man>Statusbar>Toggles>Quick Settings Style> QS Random Colors

Those having troubles, remember 2 things...A this is Alpha, and B they are being released as semi-nightlies...so those having troubles on one built may NOT be having them on another if you're not up to date. I personally have NOT experienced any of the issues you guys mentioned. But like you said, it could be a combination your settings (these literally thousands of combinations) as well as which nightly you're using.

• cmh714 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#62 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3,

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

no problem here with it. Did you try re booting?

Enabling random colors breaks SystemUI.apk until you reboot. I use fullscreen mode PIE so I didn't notice it until I tried to go home like 10 times lol

I know better. I should have restarted. Oops :blink:

#63 useltonm

useltonm

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3,

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

What Craig said...Settings>Pac-Man>Statusbar>Toggles>Quick Settings Style> QS Random Colors

Those having troubles, remember 2 things...A this is Alpha, and B they are being released as semi-nightlies...so those having troubles on one built may NOT be having them on another if you're not up to date. I personally have NOT experienced any of the issues you guys mentioned. But like you said, it could be a combination your settings (these literally thousands of combinations) as well as which nightly you're using.

Running the 8/31 on my bionic and it is rock solid. The disappearing/reappearing status bar is the only thing gone wonky.

#64 darthmaul33

darthmaul33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Galaxy Tab 2 7", Asus Nexus 7

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

How do you enable ext-sd card? It's not showing up. Thanks

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#65 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

it seems that the 4.3 roms dont do the external sd card the same way. I had to navigate to /storage/sdcard1 to use it. There arent any symlinks for external card for some reason.....at least thats what I am seeing.

#66 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

How do you enable ext-sd card? It's not showing up. Thanks

I use root browser and get to it that way

#67 darthmaul33

darthmaul33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Galaxy Tab 2 7", Asus Nexus 7

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Thanks guys for the help. That did the trick. I can get it now. Awesome!

• cmh714 likes this

#68 d73t

d73t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

I flashed this yesterday on my bionic and also had a SD card issue (I couldn't see my internal storage, even with root browser). What I did was completely delete romslot 1 in SS and then recreate it and re flash. I was able to see internal storage after that, which is needed since that's where all my backups are located.
As far as the ROM itself, I love the features from all the ROMs. I come from aokp and I really like HALO a lot. Its still a touch laggy but I think it just needs to settle. I will also be flashing this on my KF2. Thanks to everyone that brought this here!

#69 snekee

snekee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

which one should i download for my rooted razr hd 9.18.789XT926 4.1.2?

Edit: nevermind ive got a locked BL....

Edited by snekee, 28 September 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#70 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

Try the one for Vanquish (Razr HD)

Also, you'll want to install Safestrap to your stock rom and run that to allow you to flash custom roms to img files on your SDCard that behave as if you were flashing them right to your phone.

I don't have an HD, so I am not familiar with the ROMs for it, but it should be almost identical to the procedure for the Bionic. Let us know if you have trouble with it and you'll more than likely get help before you know it

Bionic has a locked bootloader, and I have been running custom ROMs on it since who knows when? Maybe October of 2010? Just finished compiling an overclock enabled kernel/ROM for the Bionic, so I'm giddy to test it. I'll be up. Yell if you have questions

--- Edit ---

Kernel bootlooped when built with OC in it. Running modules and inserting them manually seems to work, though. Perplexing

#71 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Try the one for Vanquish (Razr HD)

Also, you'll want to install Safestrap to your stock rom and run that to allow you to flash custom roms to img files on your SDCard that behave as if you were flashing them right to your phone.

I don't have an HD, so I am not familiar with the ROMs for it, but it should be almost identical to the procedure for the Bionic. Let us know if you have trouble with it and you'll more than likely get help before you know it

Bionic has a locked bootloader, and I have been running custom ROMs on it since who knows when? Maybe October of 2010? Just finished compiling an overclock enabled kernel/ROM for the Bionic, so I'm giddy to test it. I'll be up. Yell if you have questions

--- Edit ---

Kernel bootlooped when built with OC in it. Running modules and inserting them manually seems to work, though. Perplexing

Flashing a ROM that's not designed for SS will probably get him a non-boot on that slot. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#72 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

What ROM is he planning on flashing? I must have missed the part where he said he was flashing a ROM incompatible with SS

#73 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

What ROM is he planning on flashing? I must have missed the part where he said he was flashing a ROM incompatible with SS

Ummm, he was asking about which one to flash, in a PACMan thread.  So, I figured he was asking about this particular ROM.  Either way, I was just giving him a general heads up. 

#74 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Ummm, he was asking about which one to flash, in a PACMan thread.  So, I figured he was asking about this particular ROM.  Either way, I was just giving him a general heads up. 

That's what I understood from his comment as well, so I was wondering where the heck you came up with the part about not being a good idea to try to flash a ROM incompatible with Safestrap. I don't know any way you COULD flash it on a Moto device, other than Safestrap. To my knowledge, Bootstrap has all but died and wasn't capable of handling a kexec ROM anyway.

The general heads up is correct, but not very relevant to the question asked. That could be very misleading (unintentionally) to a person who's come and asked for help getting this particular ROM on their phone, since they may walk away from it with the wrong idea about how to do it simply because of extraneous information that made it seem like they should abandon the idea. It sounded like you were correcting me on how to get started with this (Which is cool, if I was wrong. Please do) and warning the guy to try a ROM that was SS compatible instead.

#75 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

Yeah, I was warning him to try only ROMs that are compatible with SS.  In his post, he said his BL is locked (and he is on the latest update, which is impossible to unlock), so if he wants to flash anything he'll have to use SS.  If he uses a ROM that is not compatible with SS, then he'll run into issues.  Albeit, they will be easy to take care of, but there wil still be issues.  SS doesn't allow you to flash every ROM out there because it relies on using the stock boot.img.  If you flash a ROM with a boot.img, then it probably won't boot.  This is not mis-information at all. 

Just an aside, it was possible to unlock the bootloader on the Razr M and Razr HD, prior to the latest update.  There was an exploit found in April.  You are just coming over from the Bionic, so you may not be in the loop with this info.  Most of the ROMs out right now for the M and HD were designed for an unlocked BL.  All the other Moto models have SS compatible ROMs, even this one.  I don't think PAC was designed to be flashed in SS on the M or HD.

#76 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Ahh. I was under the impression that safestrapped roms were still a thing for the HD. OOPS

#77 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Ahh. I was under the impression that safestrapped roms were still a thing for the HD. OOPS

Yeah, I see where the mix up is and actually there's another thread on here where someone reported that they got PAC to boot in SS on their HD.  Some of the other guys are trying to get proof of it now.

#78 snekee

snekee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

yeah sorry guys....i actually dug around and figured out i couldnt flash it. just trying out some earlier roms.

#79 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Out with the bad and in with the good. Speaking of good... Who's flashed the 4.4 PAC?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#80 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Man, I almost banned you ... There's been a spammer hitting this thread

Sent From My DEV X

• timpohladthomas and RikRong like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users