• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

--Installing: /sdcard/Roms/Razr-stockRooted.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

Any ideas on how to install? I am using SafeStrap.

I followed the same procedures as outlined by droidth3ory to install Razr x: wipe data & cache & format system, then install...

#22 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

I followed the same procedures as outlined by droidth3ory to install Razr x: wipe data & cache & format system, then install...

Didn't wipe data & cache & format system, worked fine.
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#23 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Yeah. I had to do it twice for whatever reason...

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#24 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

My phone already says 6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US on the System Version. My Build Date says Wed Oct 26 18:47:38 CDT 2011. Am I already updated? My System updates says I already am...

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#25 MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

My phone already says 6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US on the System Version. My Build Date says Wed Oct 26 18:47:38 CDT 2011. Am I already updated? My System updates says I already am...

This is 6.11.748

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Attached Files

#26 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

Probably getting this because I am new to the android scene as a whole...But I am getting Installation error (status 6) when trying to use update.zip (the OTA). Any ideas?

#27 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

This is 6.11.748

So is this ZIP file labled wrong or is it the actual new OTA update?

#28 dipsetdiplomat

dipsetdiplomat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Probably getting this because I am new to the android scene as a whole...But I am getting Installation error (status 6) when trying to use update.zip (the OTA). Any ideas?

It doesn't work I get an error say something like preinstall/KNOWYOURDEVICE

#29 dipsetdiplomat

dipsetdiplomat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

So is this ZIP file labled wrong or is it the actual new OTA update?

Motorola just names the zip after the previous build. But this update doesn't appear to work if you try to install, I have tried multiple times.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#30 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

Motorola just names the zip after the previous build. But this update doesn't appear to work if you try to install, I have tried multiple times.

We seem to have different error codes but the same main issue. Hopefully by tomorrow we will just have the actually OTA of the update and not worry about SafeStrap updating it...

#31 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

We seem to have different error codes but the same main issue. Hopefully by tomorrow we will just have the actually OTA of the update and not worry about SafeStrap updating it...

More here on this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Ota 6.11.748.xt912.verizon.en.us

#32 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:07 AM

If you are getting errors on the preinstall that means you removed the items in your preinstall as well. If anyone still has the factory 744 preinstall files please post/upload them. I can zip them up for you.to fix that issue.
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#33 dipsetdiplomat

dipsetdiplomat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

If you are getting errors on the preinstall that means you removed the items in your preinstall as well. If anyone still has the factory 744 preinstall files please post/upload them. I can zip them up for you.to fix that issue.

I restored an update and got it to work but at the end it said bp.img fail buy everything send okay. Do you know what that may mean.

#34 epphllps

epphllps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

Nitro,
I am getting that exact same error when trying to install the OTA and I KNOW for a fact that I never deleted anything from my stock since we don't have an sbf file as of yet. How could this be and where could we find this file? I do have your stock rooted razr rom stored on my sd as well. Just no idea where to find this file. More specifically it is: Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.gp3 or something along those lines

#35 skiwong20

skiwong20

Developer

• Developer
  • 172 posts
  • LocationFairfield

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

I am getting the battery error from preinstall as well. We need to ind somebody with the right preinstall files to help Nitro, nd congrats Nitro so happy u won the dev giveway. :-)
Lets the sun and the moon collide! eclipserom.com

#36 epphllps

epphllps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

I am getting the battery error from preinstall as well. We need to ind somebody with the right preinstall files to help Nitro, nd congrats Nitro so happy u won the dev giveway. :-)

I heard safestrap is doing something to the preinstall folder so I definitely hope someone can help us out. Would be greatly appreciated.

#37 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

I would appreciate getting that zip file if you're able to find someone who can supply it to you.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#38 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

Nice job Nitro & many thanks. Congrats on the Razr as well.

quickie for ya tho. I'm assuming your *.zip is Pre-Rooted, that said did you put the 4ever root in there as well so after flashing this ppl can take the OTA without having to worry about loosing root access. If not maybe we should change the OP and let folks know they need to at least do 4ever root after flashing this so if they take OTA they will not loose root access.

#39 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:48 AM

Nice job Nitro & many thanks. Congrats on the Razr as well.

quickie for ya tho. I'm assuming your *.zip is Pre-Rooted, that said did you put the 4ever root in there as well so after flashing this ppl can take the OTA without having to worry about loosing root access. If not maybe we should change the OP and let folks know they need to at least do 4ever root after flashing this so if they take OTA they will not loose root access.

Thanks!
Yes the rom is prerooted. But people will need to apply rootkeeper from the market after flashing this rom. The forever root method is not applied to the rom. I will also be uploading a fix for the preinstall momentarily.
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#40 epphllps

epphllps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

Thanks!
Yes the rom is prerooted. But people will need to apply rootkeeper from the market after flashing this rom. The forever root method is not applied to the rom. I will also be uploading a fix for the preinstall momentarily.

You are a great asset. Hope to have you around for a good long while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users