#61 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

also have the temp/package.zip error.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#62 mrnosox

mrnosox

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

also have the temp/package.zip error.

I got the update to work using the zip provided by the OP. I extracted the files in Root Explorer and then from the extracted files, I copied the "Know your device" folder, the "md5" folder to my /preinstall directory. Then I copied the contents of the app folder in the extracted preinstall to /preinstall/app on my phone. It didn't overwrite anything in my folder but it did say it was out of dis space so it didn't copy everything. I don't even know if that last step was necessary, But, these are the steps I took and the update went through just fine. Rootkeeper allowed me to restore root as well.

Thanks bigben, for providing these files!

#63 bigben

bigben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

I got the update to work using the zip provided by the OP. I extracted the files in Root Explorer and then from the extracted files, I copied the "Know your device" folder, the "md5" folder to my /preinstall directory. Then I copied the contents of the app folder in the extracted preinstall to /preinstall/app on my phone. It didn't overwrite anything in my folder but it did say it was out of dis space so it didn't copy everything. I don't even know if that last step was necessary, But, these are the steps I took and the update went through just fine. Rootkeeper allowed me to restore root as well.

Thanks bigben, for providing these files!

My pleasure to help.

For those needing some additional instructions I posted this over at another site:

My solution to the how and it goes without saying - you are on your own if you brick you phone.

1. Download the file. I am uploading to another online file site now and will update the link soon.

2. Unzip the downloaded file preinstall.zip on your computer. Connect USB to computer as a mass storage drive and copy preinstall directory to your SD-Ext.

3. Disconnect your computer and start Root Explorer. If you don't have it, it is available in the Market.

4. Go to the Main (root) directory of your Razr and scroll down to the Preinstall Directory. Using Root Explorer copy the current preinstall directory to your SD-ext in an out of the way directory.

5. Go back to the root directory. At the top of the screen is an small icon labeled RW. Select this option by touching the icon - it should now say RO. RW=Read Write RO-Read Only. The directory must be in the RW state to copy the preinstall directory.

6. Go back to the root directory and delete the old "preinstall" directory.

6. Go back to the SD-Ext where you stored the downloaded "Preinstall" directory. Select this file and copy. Root Explorer will now have the Paste option showing on the bottom left of the screen.

7. Navigate back to the Root (main) directory and press "paste". Root Explorer should now paste the downloaded copy of the preinstall into the root directory.

Note: Based on my limited experience if you simple copy and overwrite the preinstall directory, portion of the old preinstall will be left in the root directory. These files are the problem causing the Error 7 in the update - IMO.

Hope this helps.

#64 Trooper

Trooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

So for those that have installed it, any improvements?

#65 bigben

bigben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Not long enough to objectively answer - just glad I am back on the OTA path.

#66 Trooper

Trooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Im holding off on it until I get a chance to install it. Plus I gotta restore since I have a lot of bloat gone.

#67 Trooper

Trooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

I wonder if they fixed the problem where Android OS is always top dog on battery life? Anyone notice anything yet?

#68 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

Nitro - I friggin LOVE you.
Thanks to your OP and DroidRazrAP's work on the OTA update. I was FINALLY able to update, annnnnd keep my root!

Let's just hope 4.0 when released isn't this big of a pain!

#69 bigben

bigben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

I need a wireless internet connection for a couple of reasons. I get a decent discount so I pay the extra for the Mobile Hotspot. Before the upgrade OTA the Mobile Hotspot simply didn't work. When I'd connect, I'd would almost as quickly get disconnected. I was hoping that this would be fixed. NOT.

I will say (and we've had some 4g outages in my area of the country today) that when 4g is running, I see upwards to a 20% speed improvement. Easily over 10 Meg in a fringe area. Pretty strong.

Camera seems improved although I've always thought it worked fast and with solid clarity.

Overall, an okay incremental change.

#70 Trooper

Trooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

I need a wireless internet connection for a couple of reasons. I get a decent discount so I pay the extra for the Mobile Hotspot. Before the upgrade OTA the Mobile Hotspot simply didn't work. When I'd connect, I'd would almost as quickly get disconnected. I was hoping that this would be fixed. NOT.

I will say (and we've had some 4g outages in my area of the country today) that when 4g is running, I see upwards to a 20% speed improvement. Easily over 10 Meg in a fringe area. Pretty strong.

Camera seems improved although I've always thought it worked fast and with solid clarity.

Overall, an okay incremental change.

Thanks for the feedback man. Will probably install later this week.

Cheers!

#71 lewi3069

lewi3069

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Google+:lewi3069

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

I still get this error

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_spyder" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "cdma_spyder"
E: Error in /sdcard/Blur_version.6.11.744.X912.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)

#72 lewi3069

lewi3069

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Google+:lewi3069

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

I still get this error

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_spyder" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "cdma_spyder"
(Status 7)

#73 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

I still get this error

(Status 7)

Please check my updated OP to see if this works for you.. it has for others. Thank you :)

#74 tshow84

tshow84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

i have been all over a few forums and they all send me to this topic for getting the ota to manually update. my question is where do you install this zip? i have safestrap installed along with th3orys rom. i have no problem losing everything on my phone as i have TiBu backups for my files. i guess what i really want to know is where do i install this zip, ie in safestrap in safe mode, in safestrap non-safe mode or just in moto recovery. do i need to remove safestrap completely? i know i dont for the ota but i didnt know if i needed to remove it install this stock rom. thanks in advance!!

+10,000,000 for getting this going either way, having no sbf sucks....

#75 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

Updated OP with preinstall and forever root patch.

Is there a reverse for the forever root patch?
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#76 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

Is there a reverse for the forever root patch?

Did you flash the forever root patch? Just delete the superuser.apk and su references in mount_ext3.sh. Why do you want to remove the forever root anyways?
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#77 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

i have been all over a few forums and they all send me to this topic for getting the ota to manually update. my question is where do you install this zip? i have safestrap installed along with th3orys rom. i have no problem losing everything on my phone as i have TiBu backups for my files. i guess what i really want to know is where do i install this zip, ie in safestrap in safe mode, in safestrap non-safe mode or just in moto recovery. do i need to remove safestrap completely? i know i dont for the ota but i didnt know if i needed to remove it install this stock rom. thanks in advance!!

+10,000,000 for getting this going either way, having no sbf sucks....

You cannot take the ota correctly using safestrap. When you use safestrap and you have it enabled the system you are running is on the preinstall partition.
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#78 Adam.

Adam.

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Solved my install error

#79 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Okay so, I should:

1: uninstall safestrap recover
2: remove root via voodoo OTA RootKeeper
3: Replace Preinstall folder with one posted in OP
4: boot into Moto Recovery
5: Flash Stock rooted .Zip
6: Flash OTA .Zip
7: Restore root
Invictus Maneo!

#80 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hey Nitro, I just wanted to confirm that the pre-root system is flashed in stock recovery & not CWM? Also, 1 other question for you. Since I never used safe strap, it appears all files are in tact in the preinstall folder. The preinstall files in your OP are ONLY for those using safestrap who had issues, correct?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users