• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#61 chuck24

chuck24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'm just double checking. I came to 209 via 181 so didn't want to start feast and famine without doing my research.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oh well its the same process as noted above. Because once you're on these leaks there is no way back to gb

#62 jeffersondavis

jeffersondavis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

OK i've been downloading like crazy and now I'm not sure what zip files are for .209 or .206 or .210 is there any way to tell the difference??

#63 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:networkdood
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

It's the version you're supposed to come FROM, not the version you're going TO.

ok, yeah, I know, just checking as I thought maybe the file would be .209. Thanks, though.
Can you go from .181 to this leak? Seems I always get a black screen upon booting.
I love it when a plan comes together...

#64 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:networkdood
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

Also, root for ICS 4.0.4, in case anyone did not know:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I love it when a plan comes together...

#65 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

ok, yeah, I know, just checking as I thought maybe the file would be .209. Thanks, though.
Can you go from .181 to this leak? Seems I always get a black screen upon booting.

.181 is meant to be the only thing to upgrade to this from. Coming from anything else is done using an exploit. Something must have went wrong when you were trying to install.
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#66 mej284

mej284

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCantonment, Fl

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

I am on 209 and would like to go to 210. I have not rooted nor do I intend to at this time. Can I bother some one for the steps to update with out the root.

#67 TweakedSystems

TweakedSystems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

Make sure to select the .210 boot.img not the .85 boot.img and THEN run the update in recovery. ALSO make sure after you fastboot back to .181 with all the errors, you let the android guy install stuff on the phone. (once utility says rebooting give the phone like 1 min. then android guy will appear) Once android guy goes away you can then force reboot into AP Fastboot mode and flash the .210

Thank You Thank you! What I did was format my stock 16gb put that in..did a factory reset, followed your instructions...
Yea I am back up and running... :)
Now all I need to do is root.. I am going to do follow

instructions. Again Thank you for all of your help

last night and early this morning...

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!
Posted Image

#68 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

I am on 209 and would like to go to 210. I have not rooted nor do I intend to at this time. Can I bother some one for the steps to update with out the root.

super easy if you have the drivers and utilities.
Basically make sure you are at 100%. Download and move the 210 update to sd card ext. Go into ap fastboot 181. It will fail w errors. Then go into stock 3e recovery and wipe cache. Reboot back to ap fast boot and using an unstuck utility flash the 210 kernel. Go back into stock 3e recovery and wipe data and cache. Then install zip from SD. It may take 2 installs although mine go thru first try. Profit!
Want to root? Super easy. After phone is booted on 210, you can do this at any time, boot back to 3e recovery and wipe cache. Boot into ap fast boot, flash 85 kernel from unstuck. Boot phone using BP tools from recovery. Make sure USB debugging is checked. Run root method from utility and phone should reboot about 3 times pushing files and what not. When done, go back to 3e recovery and wipe cache. Then back to ap fastboot, unstuck flash the 210 kernel...reboot and Congrats...you are rooted 210. Very easy and about 30 mins worth of work...if you wait for the utility to flash the entire 181. I'm dangerous and don't wait that long

#69 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

So, worth going from 206 to 210? I'm actually quite happy and content with 206, no problems whatsoever and I swear my battery life improves as time goes on. My phone would get to about 40% after 7-8hrs of music, moderate texting and sporadic net surfing throughout the day. Now it only drops down to about 60%-70%. So unless someone here can convince me why I should take the time and hassle to go to 210, I think I'll wait for the official OTA. If that ever happens.

#70 willjohnson

willjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSavannah, Georgia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

So thinking of installing this. I am currently on .79 leak. I can just fastboot back to .181, then update to .210 with the same process I used for the .79 leak right? Second question... Is this worth it, or should I wait on the OTA since I can fastboot from where I currently am.

Sent from my ICS Razr

#71 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Basically make sure you are at 100%. Download and move the 210 update to sd card ext. Go into ap fastboot 181. It will fail w errors. Then go into stock 3e recovery and wipe cache. Reboot back to ap fast boot and using an unstuck utility flash the 210 kernel. Go back into stock 3e recovery and wipe data and cache. Then install zip from SD. It may take 2 installs although mine go thru first try. Profit!
Want to root? Super easy. After phone is booted on 210, you can do this at any time, boot back to 3e recovery and wipe cache. Boot into ap fast boot, flash 85 kernel from unstuck. Boot phone using BP tools from recovery. Make sure USB debugging is checked. Run root method from utility and phone should reboot about 3 times pushing files and what not. When done, go back to 3e recovery and wipe cache. Then back to ap fastboot, unstuck flash the 210 kernel...reboot and Congrats...you are rooted 210. Very easy and about 30 mins worth of work...if you wait for the utility to flash the entire 181. I'm dangerous and don't wait that long

Pretty good set of instructions but the wiping cache between all those steps isn't really necessary. None of the other sets of directions I've followed in the past have included constantly booting back into recovery and wiping cache and I've never had trouble. I've done this like 4 times now for .203,.206,.208,.209 and now .210.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#72 Jimmy8881

Jimmy8881

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

sorry :( it's is going on 3am here.... and I'm desperate.. tried to do update in recovery and I get the sideload error 7 message.

i had the same problem, my solution was to format the cache partition and do a factory reset while in recovery.

#73 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

So thinking of installing this. I am currently on .79 leak. I can just fastboot back to .181, then update to .210 with the same process I used for the .79 leak right? Second question... Is this worth it, or should I wait on the OTA since I can fastboot from where I currently am.

Sent from my ICS Razr

When dealing with .209 and .210 I will tell you this. .79 might as well be Froyo the differences are that vast. I have another Razr here on .79 waiting for the OTA just incase there's a problem and my daily driver has been running the .20x and saying night and day difference would be a vast understatement.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#74 TweakedSystems

TweakedSystems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

Posted Image

#75 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

So its same install method as last few leak to leak installs... easy peasy..

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#76 just1spark

just1spark

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

hey guys, i'm on .181 stock rooted. if i want to install .210 can i just boot into recovery and install the .zip?

#77 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

So can we just sideload with stock recovery if comming from .209 and not rooted?

#78 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

So can we just sideload with stock recovery if comming from .209 and not rooted?

Have to flash the .181 fastboot files back w/ matts util, then flash the 210 boot img with unstuck app, then you can sideload. Can't go *from* 209 to 210 directly.
Posted Image

#79 willjohnson

willjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSavannah, Georgia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

When dealing with .209 and .210 I will tell you this. .79 might as well be Froyo the differences are that vast. I have another Razr here on .79 waiting for the OTA just incase there's a problem and my daily driver has been running the .20x and saying night and day difference would be a vast understatement.

Think I'm gonna have to flash... Getting withdraws and no telling when big red will actually release this thing for real. thanks for the info.

Sent from my ICS Razr

#80 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

Boot phone using BP tools my phone just reboots?

Supposed to do that. Read the other threads and you won't have to ask all these questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users