Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

Im at two days on battery with random text and calls here and there, and im at 75 percent battery... This roms been awesome for me and im expecting a 4-5 day charge...
  • bdazzg1 likes this
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#302 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

I was on the kernel over clocked to max was only getting 12 hrs 5 screen on switched back to nanoid 2.2 no kernel not a whole lot of difference and much better battery.

#303 dhyamato

dhyamato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:dhyamato
  • Google+:+DwayneYamato
  • LocationOrange County, California
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Raspberry Pi

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

FWIW, I have my argghhh settings at 1.674/192 lagfree/sio. 

Battery life to performance ratio seems to be balanced to my liking. 

After 15 hours (off charger) of my "normal" usage, I'll have 60% left before plugging it in for the night.

As we all know, individual results will vary depending on how we use our devices...

What are your guys/gals setup like?

#304 JayYoungMon3y

JayYoungMon3y

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

I've been hearing about this argghh (what kinda name is that?) kernel, is it better than the modified kernel that is in Rage HD? Where can I download it?

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD

#305 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Here ya go.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#306 bjoostema1933

bjoostema1933

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx /Nexus 7

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

I've been hearing about this argghh (what kinda name is that?) kernel, is it better than the modified kernel that is in Rage HD? Where can I download it?

I wouldn't say better, but it does provide some options that are currently not available on the kernel included with this firmware.  Those things being: the ability to overclock and undervolt as well as the option to change the gpu governor.  the best app to get the gpu governor to stick is trickster mod, though it won't allow gpu overclocking to survive a reboot, the governor for gpu sticks..  If you don't care a bout gpu controls setcpu app has proven the most efficient at getting the cpu settings to stick.  Oh, also there are more governors available on the arrrghhh kernel.

#307 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Any body else internet acting up keeps cutting off on stock kernel

#308 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Nope...running perfect for me. And ive been using chrome simce 2.2 came out with no issues....wipe dalvik cache maybe?
Byte
  • jl90 likes this

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#309 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Perfect for me. Chrome still a bit slow but not as bad as it was on 2.1.

Other Browser flies. (Boat).

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#310 JayYoungMon3y

JayYoungMon3y

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Can this rom work with gsm networks if I was to unlock it to use USA based gsm carriers? Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD

#311 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

OK Bad on my nanoid of 2.2 still no mike on keyboard wonder what I did wrong or what happened? Don't really matter because I don't use it but curious.

Just wanted to comment on this because I do use the Text-Speech Nic on the KB thing.

If you hold SPACEBAR on your keyboard, do you get the "Input Selector" to pop up? If so what does it say is your active KB?

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#312 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Just wanted to comment on this because I do use the Text-Speech Nic on the KB thing.
If you hold SPACEBAR on your keyboard, do you get the "Input Selector" to pop up? If so what does it say is your active KB?

he figured it out. It was something he had done.

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#313 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Some how I had Google voice disabled in 2.1 and of course it carried on because I didnt do clean was for sure my bad.

#314 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

My bad. I missed the post where you mentioned you fixed it. doh.

Still loving this as my DD. Thought about trying something else because there does look like some other nice ROM's here... Blurry looks heavily loved by people running that... but I cannot tear myself away. I have a hard time believing and ROM is as smooth and stable and bugfree as this one.

I still can't figure out LMT/PIE though. 

Start the service.

Set Activation Area to the right. Even made the Area HUGE thinking I wasn't hitting it. Nothing.

I did look at the PIE page on XDA but I don't see what I am missing there.

Can someone walk me through it??? 

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#315 4shlr

4shlr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx, rooted JB

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

OK I've read through the entire forum and I need some help...

I followed the install instructions exactly, when I get to the install zip step all I get is a red 'Failed' message...yes I mounted system, factory reset everything...So I figured wth I'll try it again later maybe I just have a bad download for something. So then I just went into restore to get back to Eclipse, just backed it up minutes before I tried the install zip. When I try to install it starts then plashed to the 'teamwin' blue screen then the screen times out. I click the external power button to wake up the screen and I'm back in the main menu of TWRP. I try reboot, it then tells me there is no OS installed...wtf??? Any help would be greatly appreiciated!!

#316 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Happened to me to you need to start from scratch delete data cach shut the damn phone off or something then get back into recovery then flash like it said it will work

#317 bjoostema1933

bjoostema1933

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx /Nexus 7

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

OK I've read through the entire forum and I need some help...

I followed the install instructions exactly, when I get to the install zip step all I get is a red 'Failed' message...yes I mounted system, factory reset everything...So I figured wth I'll try it again later maybe I just have a bad download for something. So then I just went into restore to get back to Eclipse, just backed it up minutes before I tried the install zip. When I try to install it starts then plashed to the 'teamwin' blue screen then the screen times out. I click the external power button to wake up the screen and I'm back in the main menu of TWRP. I try reboot, it then tells me there is no OS installed...wtf??? Any help would be greatly appreiciated!!

I've had this happen a couple times man.  For me, it was because I was on a 4.2 run for a while and when I would flash back to a 4.1.2 I would forget to mount the system, but I know exactly what you are talking about.  Perhaps "boot" wasn't ticked when you made the backup, because that backs up the kernel, making mounting unnecessary when restoring that back up.  In any event, give it the old 3 finger salute and you should be good.  Hold down power and both volumes until it goes black, then release the 2 volumes buttons and quickly press them again.  Throughout the whole process, don't let  go of the power button until it brings up the screen with the recovery option.  I've had to do it a couple times before twrp chilled the hell out, but it's always worked.  Worst case, dl matt's utility and have it ready.  Then after the 3 finger salute, go into ap fastboot and run the stock recovery, image, reroot, reinstall twrp.  I do that from time to time just to make sure things are flawless.  Even though I am sure wiping in between installs does the job, software over software can take a toll.  Might just be time for a fresh start.  Good luck buddy, lemme know how it goes.

#318 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Question to the developer, I have noticed on my Running apps that smartcard service doesn't run or turns on and its usually there on most Custom Roms I have used, I have problems streaming videos thru Navy-X on MXPlayer and I was wondering if smartcard service has anything to do with this?

#319 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

My bad. I missed the post where you mentioned you fixed it. doh.

Still loving this as my DD. Thought about trying something else because there does look like some other nice ROM's here... Blurry looks heavily loved by people running that... but I cannot tear myself away. I have a hard time believing and ROM is as smooth and stable and bugfree as this one.

I still can't figure out LMT/PIE though.
Start the service.
Set Activation Area to the right. Even made the Area HUGE thinking I wasn't hitting it. Nothing.
I did look at the PIE page on XDA but I don't see what I am missing there.

Can someone walk me through it???

you are on 2.2 right? The older versions of this ROM have an outdated version of LMT which timed out. Make sure your LMT version is 1.912

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#320 JayYoungMon3y

JayYoungMon3y

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

I have a problem with this rom, when ever I click on the menu button on an app to bring up the menu it only appears for about a millisecond or two and then the menu goes away, it does this every time. I had this problem a while back when big daddy Hicks was in charge of development and I still see it here. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users