576 replies to this topic

#341 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

so in my updater, I have 2 updates.  20130801, and 20130806.  I tried to flash the 20130806 zip, then I wiped cache and dalvic, and rebooted.  do I need to let the rom catch up with the phone? or re flash? I should say that in the settings mode rage update showed I had an update, and that's what I downloaded, and tried to flash. Should I just have downloaded from the op instead?

#342 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

so in my updater, I have 2 updates. 20130801, and 20130806. I tried to flash the 20130806 zip, then I wiped cache and dalvic, and rebooted. do I need to let the rom catch up with the phone? or re flash? I should say that in the settings mode rage update showed I had an update, and that's what I downloaded, and tried to flash. Should I just have downloaded from the op instead?

that's kinda weird... You need 20130918. Look in about phone and make sure you're on v2.3. If not, just open the updater and check for available updates. It should see the correct one and show you the change log

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#343 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

well, I want back into settings and I am on 2.2.  My updater finally showed me an update for 2.3, however I am just downloading from rage forums instead.  Any progress on a local app?

#344 acyd

acyd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

This ROM is tits. Amazing work dev!

My only question is - what is the best way to blackout/invert a stock-based rom? I ran Eclipse a while back and that was close to what i'm looking for. Basically all I want is for all blue in the framework to be white/gray and to get rid of the gradients in Stock apps such as MMS, Settings etc. to become flat black.

Can this be run through ROM Kitchen - is that still a thing people use?

#345 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Well for the life of me, I can't get this 2.3 update to install. I am on 2.2 and using twrp. It started to flash once but failed. I notice even when I restored to 2.2 the boot logo was different than previous. Also when I look on the updater in twrp no, 2.3 update is not there, but it is there when I look at it using es file explorer. any suggestions. I feel like I should flash back to stock and restart from scratch.

#346 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

Well for the life of me, I can't get this 2.3 update to install. I am on 2.2 and using twrp. It started to flash once but failed. I notice even when I restored to 2.2 the boot logo was different than previous. Also when I look on the updater in twrp no, 2.3 update is not there, but it is there when I look at it using es file explorer. any suggestions. I feel like I should flash back to stock and restart from scratch.

I had the same problem not finding the .zip on an older version of twrp recovery, I updated to the last one I think it is 2.6.1 and I don't have that problem anymore

#347 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

If you downloaded an also or CM ROM 4.2 -4.3 it makes its own file on your SD card 0 unless you flash a zip your gonna need to copy the file from where it downloaded to the 0 download that's what comes up when you go into install on Twrp. Maybe someone else can explain it better.
Stricken spell cm always putting words in my mouth. Lol

#348 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

sounds like you forgot to mount sysyem in twrp. Move the file to the root of your sdcard, reboot recovery, MOUNT SYSTEM, flash. It will go...

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#349 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

sounds like you forgot to mount sysyem in twrp. Move the file to the root of your sdcard, reboot recovery, MOUNT SYSTEM, flash. It will go...

That's the words I was searching for lol.
  • bdazzg1 likes this

#350 slait

slait

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

What is the recommended partition size for this ROM using SafeStrap? Is 2GB ok?

#351 vvv

vvv

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hi everyone.

I can't install a RageHD ROM. Look, I boot Recovery, mount System and made all needed Wipes, then I mount System again and start to install ROM from sd card. After a few seconds i got red "Failed" message.
And after this I can't restore my stored stock ROM, I get "Failed" everytime - when I make a wipe or when I try to restore.

What is it, guys?

#352 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

What is the recommended partition size for this ROM using SafeStrap? Is 2GB ok?

Typically 2gb is plenty of space..unless you have like 200 user apps. :)

#353 slait

slait

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Typically 2gb is plenty of space..unless you have like 200 user apps. :)

Thank you. A little confused though, wouldn't apps just use the remaining space on my internal storage?

#354 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thank you. A little confused though, wouldn't apps just use the remaining space on my internal storage?

Actually no, the space you allocate for the ROM slot is where everything for that particular ROM goes ....

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#355 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi everyone.
I can't install a RageHD ROM. Look, I boot Recovery, mount System and made all needed Wipes, then I mount System again and start to install ROM from sd card. After a few seconds i got red "Failed" message.
And after this I can't restore my stored stock ROM, I get "Failed" everytime - when I make a wipe or when I try to restore.
What is it, guys?

You need to start over again if you forgot to mt system the first time it screws up. Turn the phone off if you already deleted data use power and volume up and down to get into recovery then flash your backup don't forget to mount.

#356 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

does anybody have a good link for twrp 2.6.1?  I am running twrp 2.6.0 as my recovery, however it will not see my rom in my updater.  only can see it in es file explorer. Was able to flash update after moving update rom to new folder.  Its running like a champ and thanks for the local app!!

#357 vvv

vvv

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Thank you very much!. I'm absolutely sure, that I do it right before: mount system every time, but now ROM flashed correctly! Thank you one more time :)

#358 mrf582

mrf582

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Does anyone have lag issues with this ROM or any other ROM while multitasking? For example, I can be listening to Jango (Pandora), and open a new app for the first time and the whole thing stutters, music cuts out, lags, etc.  Even when I go from screen off for a while to screen on, the music stutters.   I figured a dual core 1.5Ghz CPU would not have a problem doing simple stuff like this.     So is it the ROM? Is it MY install? Or is it normal?   Thanks for your reply.

#359 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

If anything its the phone I also have a Note ( q had core ) and it is better 4 is better than 2 but its still way better than stock

#360 slait

slait

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Sorry, another stupid question. I like the idea of removing the nav bar for more space, but how does one navigate without them? Home and back I use pretty frequently, and recent apps to a lesser degree.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users