#322 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I have a problem with this rom, when ever I click on the menu button on an app to bring up the menu it only appears for about a millisecond or two and then the menu goes away, it does this every time. I had this problem a while back when big daddy Hicks was in charge of development and I still see it here. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD

its 4.1.2 in general. This ROM has absolutely nothing in common with the 1.xx versions BDH built. I built it from scratch off the 9.20.1 OTA

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#323 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

No issue here....are u guys restoring apps through titanium backup? U should really reinstall through play store and.just restore data from titanium......just a thought.
U can also try wiping your dalvik cache
Peace
Byte
  • jl90 likes this

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#324 JayYoungMon3y

JayYoungMon3y

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

No issue here....are u guys restoring apps through titanium backup? U should really reinstall through play store and.just restore data from titanium......just a thought.
U can also try wiping your dalvik cache
Peace
Byte

The things is that I have over 100 apps so to install each one individually would be very time consuming. For me the problem occurs every single time I click on the menu, which is extremely annoying but that aside the rom is very good.

#325 JuggaloSkitzo

JuggaloSkitzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi guys,

I find aaaaaarghs kernel really good clocked at 1.728 with SmartAssV2 the only thing I can say is just to leave it once u find the settings that work as quite often for me when I switch governors often the phone locks up then restarts...

#326 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

you are on 2.2 right? The older versions of this ROM have an outdated version of LMT which timed out. Make sure your LMT version is 1.912

LMT v1.99 by noname81

Rage HD v2.2

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#327 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Strange...wipe cache and dalvik, reflash 2.2. You don't need to wipe data. Don't forget to mount system after wipe, before flash... Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#328 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

Fairly new with the Razr community, but I'm excited that someone is willing to put something out there for safestrap. Those of us that were unfortunate enough to inherit devices that were already update truly appreciate an opportunity like this. Consider me on the bandwagon for testing and thanks for doing this!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone verified if the safestrap for locked bootloader version of this rom works? If so any bugs?

#329 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone verified if the safestrap for locked bootloader version of this rom works? If so any bugs?

a few have been using it with no issues

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#330 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

I feel ya

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but do me a favor when u have time.....

start for scratch but don't restore any apps....see if the issue is there... if it isn't

proceed to restore each app one by one until the issue comes back.....(then u know what app u need to manually restore without having underlying issues

that will tell u if it is an app in your restore, or if its coming from the rom install

peace

byte

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#331 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Been on this since before 2.2 dropped. On Arrrghhh kernel starting to get lag governor set to lag free sio which is about the best but still getting it. Not like it usually is it seems to speed up after you use it for a bit but then comes back. Anyone else notice this?

#332 bjoostema1933

bjoostema1933

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx /Nexus 7

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Been on this since before 2.2 dropped. On Arrrguuu kernel starting to get lag governor set to lag free sio which is about the best but still getting it. Not like it usually is it seems to speed up after you use it for a bit but then comes back. Anyone else notice this?

yep. I never could completely get rid of all the lag. I'm fairly certain it's the stock launcher, I always ran nova with the arrrghhh kernel set at 1806 oc, msd-???-something like that (can't remember the governor name but it's all the letters) and row I/o scheduler. completely killed all lag for me. 

#333 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

So far I have been running this ROM for about 4 days.  It does lag on me occasionally, and videos have a lot of lag on chrome.  Something I did notice is Pandora does not want to sign in..  I am stumped! Anyone else with these problems?  Also to the developer, do you thin you can put a local app in one of the next builds?  I travel for a living and the local app it very nice to have.

#334 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

So far I have been running this ROM for about 4 days. It does lag on me occasionally, and videos have a lot of lag on chrome. Something I did notice is Pandora does not want to sign in.. I am stumped! Anyone else with these problems? Also to the developer, do you thin you can put a local app in one of the next builds? I travel for a living and the local app it very nice to have.

chrome sucks. Use Firefox from the market or flash the aosp browser in the extras folder. Both are very snappy in this ROM. I'll see about a local app or get one you can add in. I haven't had any trouble with Pandora, I use it daily via Bluetooth in my car.

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#335 justinjbaron

justinjbaron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

I just had to chime in on my experience with this ROM.

First custom ROM I used was Eclipse.  Solid, but lacked a few features I wanted.

Next I tried a slew of 4.2.2 ROMs, and while they were pretty and had all the features, they lacked stability in some areas.  Decided it wasn't worth trade-off.

Went back to Eclipse and realized that I was still having a few quirky bugs from time to time.

Decided I wanted to rid myself of aggravation with my phone for a while, went back to stock rooted - with Nova on top to make it look as AOSP as possible.  Phone ran fine for weeks.

Then I checked back in and saw this update to RageHD, which added all the features I was hoping for yet was still based on a factory base.  So far it has been fast, stable, smooth.

I just checked battery this morning and I've had 1 day, 17 hours, 59 minutes of phone on time with 4 hours and 4 minutes of screen on time.  This is with CPU sleeper enabled.  I have betterbatterystats installed and no major wakelocks.  I'm at 20% battery.  Very cool.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks.

• bdazzg1 and jl90 like this

#336 JayYoungMon3y

JayYoungMon3y

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

I feel ya

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but do me a favor when u have time.....
start for scratch but don't restore any apps....see if the issue is there... if it isn't
proceed to restore each app one by one until the issue comes back.....(then u know what app u need to manually restore without having underlying issues
that will tell u if it is an app in your restore, or if its coming from the rom install

peace
byte

Will do it some time this weekend and I'll report back to say how it went. Thanks byte.

#337 justinjbaron

justinjbaron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

Can we dirty flash 2.3 over 2.2?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

#338 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Can we dirty flash 2.3 over 2.2?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Yessir

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#339 slait

slait

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Just a note of appreciation from me for the SafeStrap version.

• bdazzg1 and jl90 like this

#340 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

so I thought I dirty flashed this update correctly but I seem to be sitting on the google flashing circles.  However I did notice when I went to the OTA updater there was 2 downloads for updates there. at the moment Im not sure what the numbers said.  because I haven't booted up completely.  am I doing something wrong? thanks! if you need more infor just let me know.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users