Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Sorry, another stupid question. I like the idea of removing the nav bar for more space, but how does one navigate without them? Home and back I use pretty frequently, and recent apps to a lesser degree.

There is an app in your app drawer called lmt it is what you use instead of the nav bar. Open it first and read it.

#362 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

Ck this out best I ever got.

Attached Files

• bdazzg1 likes this

#363 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Badazz, I thought I seen the local app on the new update. However I was mistaken. When you get a chance could you send me a flashable zip if possible. Thanks!

#364 slait

slait

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well, finally took the plunge and gave this a go. There is lots to like about it, but unfortunately for me I'm having a number of oddities, and the performance isn't as good as stock. Lots of delays.

#365 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Well, finally took the plunge and gave this a go. There is lots to like about it, but unfortunately for me I'm having a number of oddities, and the performance isn't as good as stock. Lots of delays.

I'll bet your using Google Chrome if so you need to download aosp browser.

#366 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

I have a question on speed also everything zips along pretty quick except for a couple things. When I ck battery stats it takes like forever for it to come up I do use beautiful widgets but I have tried to go right into settings still takes long time. Also Speed test.net takes awhile. I guess maybe I notice this more because I use them a lot. Anyone else notice this or am I just being anal.

#367 slait

slait

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

I'll bet your using Google Chrome if so you need to download aosp browser.

I have the aosp browser, but sadly it isn't just internet that is slow. Everything takes a pretty long time to load or open and scrolling stops and stutters. Boot back into my stock ROM and everything is fine again.

#368 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

I have the aosp browser, but sadly it isn't just internet that is slow. Everything takes a pretty long time to load or open and scrolling stops and stutters. Boot back into my stock ROM and everything is fine again.

Like I said in my post a couple things lag but most pretty quick. I always had the lag problem withstock. I am using the Arrrghhh kernel oover clocked 1809-144. Lagfree row. No reboots but if I forget to uncheck the start at boot it boots up twice and then its good.

#369 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

If I remember right you installed with Safestrap... I would suggest boot into Safestrap and wipe cache and dalvik. Reboot and see if the gets things smoother. Also debloating your stock side will help. Boot into stock and uninstall all apps that aren't critically important to you, reboot into Safestrap and wipe cache and dalvik (ONLY) on the stock slot . Then boot into ragehd again and see how it runs for you. I did this to my xt912 and it helps immensely!
The limitation of a locked bootloader is the inability to replace stock completely... this eats up room in the phone...housekeeping is important. Hope this helps.

#370 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Your absolutely right didn't know he was on safe. That was my biggest beef with safe before we were able to unlock.
  • jl90 likes this

#371 slait

slait

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

If I remember right you installed with Safestrap... I would suggest boot into Safestrap and wipe cache and dalvik. Reboot and see if the gets things smoother. Also debloating your stock side will help. Boot into stock and uninstall all apps that aren't critically important to you, reboot into Safestrap and wipe cache and dalvik (ONLY) on the stock slot . Then boot into ragehd again and see how it runs for you. I did this to my xt912 and it helps immensely!
The limitation of a locked bootloader is the inability to replace stock completely... this eats up room in the phone...housekeeping is important. Hope this helps.

Correct, and thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try and report back. Much appreciated.

#372 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Correct, and thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try and report back. Much appreciated.

Not a problem hope it gets you running better...I'm stuck with a locked bootloader so I've had to learn some tricks. :)

#373 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Badazz, I thought I seen the local app on the new update. However I was mistaken. When you get a chance could you send me a flashable zip if possible. Thanks!

Local App is part of Maps. It used to be separated but now you can find it inside Maps

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#374 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for letting me know that! Loving this ROM!
  • jl90 likes this

#375 thenekoleo

thenekoleo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I can not install this rom, I have problems when I install with TWRP recovery, cwm same with shabbypenguin and tells me a legend in red letters throws me error or mistake, my phone is unlocked and rooted, any solution?
I have eclipse 1.4 is currently the only one that works (apart from cyanogenmod)

#376 afmracer6

afmracer6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

hey guys, thanks for updating for safestrap! installing now!  :D

#377 slait

slait

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

I tried the suggestions, but sadly it still performs much slower than my stock rom. App selections and changing, scrolling in various windows, and other standard functions all pause before taking action. Also have an odd issue when using a menu where it pops up, then disappears for a few seconds, then re-appears. Strange.

#378 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I can not install this rom, I have problems when I install with TWRP recovery, cwm same with shabbypenguin and tells me a legend in red letters throws me error or mistake, my phone is unlocked and rooted, any solution?
I have eclipse 1.4 is currently the only one that works (apart from cyanogenmod)

make sure you MOUNT SYSTEM after wipes

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#379 thenekoleo

thenekoleo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

make sure you MOUNT SYSTEM after wipes

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX 

I already did, but I still get error when installing

:(

#380 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

If you didnt mt system the first time and tried to flash it screws things up. You have to start from scratch. Shut phone off hold down power volume up& down get into recovery wipe again mt system then flash it will work.
  • bdazzg1 likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users