201 replies to this topic

#21 opieum

opieum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

This tool is an evolution to Matts tool. Adds a few new features to make rom flashing even simpler. So kudos. I recommend a sticky for this one. For anyone who knows bat scripting the simplest way to update this tool is to use notepad++

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(useable because it shows numbers on the line to easily point out what to edit)
go to line 133 and change the file name the to latest boot2xx.img you have. the line looks like this
files\moto-fastboot flash boot files\boot210.img

With that you can update to the next version without wiping. Hopefully this is helpful.

#22 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

I get an error when using option 2. error:cannot load "files\system.img" and preinstall.img as well. boot goes fine.

EDIT: Nevermind pulled the preinstall and system img files from the stock .181 file to make this happen. They aren't included in case anyone needs to know.

Basically works like this. You need to have Matt's DroidRazr tool as OP mentioned PLUS the preinstall.img and system.img from the stock rom in the files directory (stock rom posted in numerous places) I would recommend adding this into the instructions and adding a link to the stock rom for people to download. Im a bit of a razr flashing n00b and it can be a bit daunting but having a tool that helps ease that I think this tool can make that happen. Lotta good info here.

Once you have that you are good to go. It worked for me. Thanks for this tool. Thanks to all the devs and tinkerers for their work. I spent all of yesterday bricked knowing I could get out of it once I or someone else came up with the right solution. In this case this was it so thanks alot G8orDroid :D

The 6.12.181 system.img and preinstall.img are included in Matt's 1.6 tool or at least in my download of it. Not sure why they would be missing in yours. But I'll add a bold statement to the OP. Thanks

#23 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

This tool is an evolution to Matts tool. Adds a few new features to make rom flashing even simpler. So kudos. I recommend a sticky for this one. For anyone who knows bat scripting the simplest way to update this tool is to use notepad++

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(useable because it shows numbers on the line to easily point out what to edit)
go to line 133 and change the file name the to latest boot2xx.img you have. the line looks like this
files\moto-fastboot flash boot files\boot210.img

With that you can update to the next version without wiping. Hopefully this is helpful.

Correct. Or you could just rename future boot.img files to boot210.img and slap em' in the /files folder and run it with no edits. I played with the idea of how best to make it "future proof", but decided that it probably wasn't worth it since the OTA should come soon (it will never come). 6.16.210 is possibly the last leak we get.

#24 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

For those that are having problems, here's a couple suggestions:

Extract the zip to your local drive. Do not just double-click the zip file (in Windows) and run it,
Run the batch file from a Command Prompt. In Windows 7, Right-click on Command Prompt and choose "Run As Administrator".
Browse to the directory the batch file is in before executing it. Ex. "cd\, cd RazrStuff, cd utility1.6, whatever.bat". Not "c:\RazrStuff\Utility1.6\watever.bat".

Hope that helps! :)

#25 jaysynn84

jaysynn84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

hmmm for some reason I don't have permission to get the attachment

#26 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

hmmm for some reason I don't have permission to get the attachment

Same here ... assume link may be incorrect or the updated attachment didn't get uploaded correctly.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#27 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Fantastic idea. I'll try it with the next leak but if it works as supposed to do this is going to save many hours of work in reinstalling and configuring the apps. Thank you very much man.
By the way you don't specify in the OP if you have to uninstall safestrap before doing this.

You don't have to uninstall safestrap because the utility will flash over the preinstall "uninstalling" aka formatting and deleting it then applying a fresh copy that way, but I would make a nandroid or at least back up data by toggling to nonsafe side (making backups) if you're using a ROM then quick toggling to avoid backups then reinstall the ROM then quick toggle back to nonsafe (again avoiding backups) then toggle back to safe making back up of stock system data and restoring your old ROM data..... tricky, but it's worked for me a couple times lol.... but it's pretty fast because of quick toggles

#28 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

Are you sure that the files inside your files folder shouldn't be copied over to files folder from Matt's utility and you modified .bat utility in the root of Matt's utility folder?

Yep, sounds like you didn't get the preinstall.img flashed (and most probably system or the boot210.img either). My guess would be bad download or a failure on getting the files properly placed in the main utilities folder structure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#29 wardo5757

wardo5757

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

Must be something wrong with the link. Says I don;t have permission..

#30 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Cant seem to get Matts Utility to run, every time I hit the your bat or Matts bat no pun intended the Utility window opens and says hit any key to continue, when I do it closes the window same thing happens with the unstuck tool. Is my laptop configured correctly? Or is it another problem would appreciate a little help not a noob put not a pro either!!!! Thanks

#31 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Thanks man. I'm trying now.I have plenty of nands taken. :)

You don't have to uninstall safestrap because the utility will flash over the preinstall "uninstalling" aka formatting and deleting it then applying a fresh copy that way, but I would make a nandroid or at least back up data by toggling to nonsafe side (making backups) if you're using a ROM then quick toggling to avoid backups then reinstall the ROM then quick toggle back to nonsafe (again avoiding backups) then toggle back to safe making back up of stock system data and restoring your old ROM data..... tricky, but it's worked for me a couple times lol.... but it's pretty fast because of quick toggles

#32 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Antivirus/antispyware maybe?

Cant seem to get Matts Utility to run, every time I hit the your bat or Matts bat no pun intended the Utility window opens and says hit any key to continue, when I do it closes the window same thing happens with the unstuck tool. Is my laptop configured correctly? Or is it another problem would appreciate a little help not a noob put not a pro either!!!! Thanks

#33 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Yes it works. After the 1st boot it does not boot into 3e recovery. You have to do power off (3 buttons) and then power on (3 buttons) and go to recovery and flash 210 off the SD card.
Again how it worked for me was to move files from the files folder inside of the "modified" folder into the files folder under matt's utility and put the modified .bat file next to the original .bat file in the matt's utility folder.
Edit: I confirm it works perfectly. The new root method is absolutely great. Remember to install right away the su and busybox from the market.

#34 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

still unable to DL. Anyone else still having problems?

#35 b419kid

b419kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

I suggest that you just make it into a stand alone batch. Its kind of confusing to follow along with all the requirement for moving files. I would actually be willing to do this, if you would like. Just comment/PM.

#36 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

still unable to DL. Anyone else still having problems?

No, but i will send you the file if you can get the utility to run for me!!!! LOL

#37 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Still need Help, I want 210, I want 210, I want 210!!!!!!!!

#38 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

I suggest that you just make it into a stand alone batch. Its kind of confusing to follow along with all the requirement for moving files. I would actually be willing to do this, if you would like. Just comment/PM.

I did it this way because of the large download involved. I figured anyone that wanted to use it would already have Matt's Utility. I set the zip up so that if you extract it to Matt's root folder it should put all of the files in the right place and not affect the default functionality of his script.
I agree that a single .zip would be the better method though. I'll throw one on my dropbox and update the OP. If anyone wants to mirror it feel free.

#39 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

You did extract Matt's utility to a folder on your computer and then extract the modified zip into that same folder didn't you?
Are you running as administrator?

#40 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

G8or do you have the time to help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users