Photo

Why No Roms Based Off Of .181? Why Only .75, .79, Etc.?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 bkcdroid

bkcdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Why no roms based off of .181? Why only .75, .79, etc.? I'm trying to understand the RAZR development picture better...
Thanks,

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Because most of us are on ICS leaks and ICS is the future hopefully coming soon. All attention is focused in that direction.
  • dbroad2007 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Why no roms based off of .181? Why only .75, .79, etc.?

All of the roms based of of .173 work on 181 because it was just a minor update. And there are many builds based of of .79, .75 or any of the ics roms because the roms work on all versions of the leak.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#4 bkcdroid

bkcdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

So, I have rooted stock 181 and am pretty pleased so far, especially coming from OG DROID ;) I have pretty solid data on 181, few drops... I read about data problems on 73 75 79 and the 20x leaks. Is it worth the downgrade in data performance for the pics roms? Are there 181 gb roms besides stock with CM parts, etc? I do miss some of those goodies :D

#5 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

So, I have rooted stock 181 and am pretty pleased so far, especially coming from OG DROID I have pretty solid data on 181, few drops... I read about data problems on 73 75 79 and the 20x leaks. Is it worth the downgrade in data performance for the pics roms? Are there 181 gb roms besides stock with CM parts, etc? I do miss some of those goodies

If you like .181, you might try Eclipse. Its a good blur rom.

#6 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

What about ikream?
Posted Image

#7 Silly Pirate

Silly Pirate

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

So, I have rooted stock 181 and am pretty pleased so far, especially coming from OG DROID ;) I have pretty solid data on 181, few drops... I read about data problems on 73 75 79 and the 20x leaks. Is it worth the downgrade in data performance for the pics roms? Are there 181 gb roms besides stock with CM parts, etc? I do miss some of those goodies :D

I personally couldn't stand the data drops. Seemed to always happen when i needed 3g the most... Had to revert back to .181 and run eclipse. I seem to revert back to Eclipse often, this would make the 4th time ive gone back haha

#8 joeygunnarson

joeygunnarson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm running speed core on the .79 leak and I don't drop data haven't had one yet

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#9 thisismalhotra

thisismalhotra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

What about ikream?

ikream is awesome try it and you wont regret

#10 bkcdroid

bkcdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:19 AM

Thinking about iKream, but really need Corp email. Have 2 email accounts and 3 calendars I use almost hourly! A poster commented last week that the email app would be changed out in the next release. Maybe I could just take it from a gapps zip or restore from a Tibu backup, I was just kind if waiting for an updated release... like waiting for ics ota :lol:
  • BytecodeMe likes this

#11 rndchef

rndchef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

Thinking about iKream, but really need Corp email. Have 2 email accounts and 3 calendars I use almost hourly! A poster commented last week that the email app would be changed out in the next release. Maybe I could just take it from a gapps zip or restore from a Tibu backup, I was just kind if waiting for an updated release... like waiting for ics ota :lol:

I would recommend running .79 which still can go back to .181 if you want ICS and Axiom Complex mod which speeds and cleans up the bloat. There is not that much difference with the .20x series leaks. I am on .210.

Or stay on .181, run a Theory debloat mod and put Big's ICS theme on it. You get .181 and ICS theme which should hold you over until the OTA. You can find all this on this site.

#12 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

I'm still on the .75 ICS leak and rarely, rarely have data drops, and if i do it's only for the time it takes to get a connection again which is about a min or two. I didn't see any major benefits to going to other leaks.

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#13 rndchef

rndchef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

I'm still on the .75 ICS leak and rarely, rarely have data drops, and if i do it's only for the time it takes to get a connection again which is about a min or two. I didn't see any major benefits to going to other leaks.

Why do the leak roms have the data on boot issue? The stock leaks do not. I have never had data issues on .75, .79 or .210. Just when I load a rom over them do the issues start. Is this the locked bootloader issue?

#14 thisismalhotra

thisismalhotra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

Why do the leak roms have the data on boot issue? The stock leaks do not. I have never had data issues on .75, .79 or .210. Just when I load a rom over them do the issues start. Is this the locked bootloader issue?

The roms you are loading must be aosp the radio code is not open source.
  • rndchef likes this

#15 alexh037

alexh037

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationWoodland Hills, CA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

ikream is awesome try it and you wont regret

If your staying on .173 or. 181 definitely recommend ikream specially with the urban theme it works and looks great. Thats what i was running before i made the jump to. 210 and loved it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#16 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Black Widow FTW!!! lol :ph34r:

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#17 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

Gingerbread is not as awesome as ICS. They are fast boot able back to gb. I am on gb only so I can get the ota

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#18 Mortakai

Mortakai

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

Black Widow FTW!!! lol :ph34r:

Agreed

#19 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

So far I've been on .75, .79, .84, .203, .206, .209, .210 and .211. Only .75 and .84 were flaky. The .20X leaks are phenomenal. I haven't had any data issues at all. Now, if I install a rom whether it be CM9 or AOKP based, the data drops come a plenty. That's the same for the ICS ROMs built on the ICS leak kernel and even more so on the older Frankenstein ICS ROMs that were over the gingerbread kernel.

Side note, when I still was on .181, my favorite gingerbread rom was Eclipse. That rom was rock solid and had no data drops. Come to think of it, nine of the gingerbread stuff has data issues.

If you want reliable ICS then at this point the latest stock leak is the way to go. I'm no longer concerned with the upgrade path and when the official ICS comes I will force my phone onto that build and be on the new path.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#20 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

I'm no longer concerned with the upgrade path and when the official ICS comes I will force my phone onto that build and be on the new path.

How would you go about forcing it back on path?
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users