610 replies to this topic

#321 codyvance

codyvance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Question:

What has been stopping me from jumping on these leaks is the fact that I cannot, repeat cannot roll back to Gingerbread 2.3.6. Now, with all of this discussed, will I be able to roll back to GB off the OTA? I just dont like the feeling of jumping to an unofficial OTA and then being stuck there god forbid I ever wanted to jump to the actual thing.

I think you can fast boot ics leaks now if you are on 744 to 79 look in development forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#322 bnb

bnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Cody thanks, but I already know that. I am talking about the latest leak 211.

#323 bnb

bnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

One more question. Say I somehow brick my phone on 211, is there a way to restore it back to stock? Kind of like fastboot or matt's utility for 181?

#324 DrDavePepper

DrDavePepper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Google+:drdavepepper
  • LocationWisco

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I just got a replacement Razr and am completely stock on 6.12.181. Do I need to do anything special or can i just drop the file on my SD card and boot into recovery wipe and install?

#325 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm seeing epic battery life on the Maxx with this leak. The drain has been so slow that the battery graph was flat. I pumped up screen brightness and left the flashlight app on for fifteen minutes just to make sure the battery was reading right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#326 anthony2558

anthony2558

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm seeing epic battery life on the Maxx with this leak. The drain has been so slow that the battery graph was flat. I pumped up screen brightness and left the flashlight app on for fifteen minutes just to make sure the battery was reading right.

I'm liking that :-)

via Razr MAXX

#327 alvaro94

alvaro94

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@TheGuyWatchingU

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

My phone got stuck on the Motorola red logo,, HELP now what do i do?

#328 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

One more question. Say I somehow brick my phone on 211, is there a way to restore it back to stock? Kind of like fastboot or matt's utility for 181?

You will NEVER go back to GB with any ICS leak over .79 or ICS OTA.

Why do people keep asking about that over and over again. Stock will be whatever Moto releases as the new OTA which will probably be .211
Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#329 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I just got a replacement Razr and am completely stock on 6.12.181. Do I need to do anything special or can i just drop the file on my SD card and boot into recovery wipe and install?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#330 fbm111

fbm111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:fbm111

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Anyone know if matt is releasing a upgrade utility that will keep you from having to wipe?

Thanks!

#331 N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

The razr in the local verizon store has burn in believe it or not.

I have had 3 Motorola Android devices. OG Droid1, DroidX and now the Razr. i have use the stay awake while charging option on every phone. On .211 this was the 1st ive ever seen this Warning for the stay awake option. lol

Posted Image

#332 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

I didnt know AMOLEDs were susceptible to burn-in. Thought that was an old CRT thing.

#333 emmanueldlc

emmanueldlc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I can't get the amazon app store to work on 211, anyone else having this issue?

#334 JonathanDicken

JonathanDicken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:jondicken

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I need something a little more detailed on install as I get an error every time when trying to use Moto Recovery to flash the .zip file. I can flash, root, and do all kinds of things to my phone, but I need a step by step process. I'm not a phone wizard.

#335 Fallen0ne

Fallen0ne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Keep getting install error!

Installing update...
assert failed: mount("ext3" , "MTD" , "system" , "/system")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

HELP :/

#336 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Keep getting install error!

Installing update...
assert failed: mount("ext3" , "MTD" , "system" , "/system")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

HELP :/

After first boot into recovery the android guy will appear to install something. after that, you have to power off the phone, reboot into recovery and you should get the android guy with a red exclamation point. you are getting that error because the sd card hasn't been remounted.

#337 youssefous

youssefous

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

So I just got a Razr Maxx, and I'm thinking about flashing this but have a few questions if you gentlemen would be so kind...
-What are the dangers of flashing this? Are most problems solvable or is there a chance I could brick it for real?
-I understand that I can't go back to GB after, but once ICS does get released by Verizon will I be able to get on the official OTA if I want?

#338 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

So I just got a Razr Maxx, and I'm thinking about flashing this but have a few questions if you gentlemen would be so kind...
-What are the dangers of flashing this? Are most problems solvable or is there a chance I could brick it for real?
-I understand that I can't go back to GB after, but once ICS does get released by Verizon will I be able to get on the official OTA if I want?

I've flashed a multitude of leaks and while I had soft-bricked the phone, I was always able to get it booting up. The tools on this site give you everything you need to flash the leaks and unbrick your phone if the problem arises.

Best advice is to have everything you need downloaded to your computer/phone and start with a full battery in the event something does go wrong.

It's believed that the way we are jumping from one leak to another will provide a means to get the official.

To be honest, if I were stuck on the leak [211], I'd be fine with that as it works great for me.

#339 codyvance

codyvance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

You could definitely brick your phone.. unknown if you can get on official OTA yet after flashing leaks but hopefully

Sent from ICS KOA AOKP Razr

#340 youssefous

youssefous

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I've flashed a multitude of leaks and while I had soft-bricked the phone, I was always able to get it booting up. The tools on this site give you everything you need to flash the leaks and unbrick your phone if the problem arises.

Best advice is to have everything you need downloaded to your computer/phone and start with a full battery in the event something does go wrong.

It's believed that the way we are jumping from one leak to another will provide a means to get the official.

To be honest, if I were stuck on the leak [211], I'd be fine with that as it works great for me.

Gotcha. So two more questions then
-I had some data reception issues and had to get a replacement phone. Were that the case with this phone, would I be screwed till an OTA did come out or would Verizon not notice that I'm exchanging an ICS'd phone you think?
-How has reception been?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users