newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hey I dont get why some of you are going through so much trouble to install this. All I did was this
From .181 to .211

-Added 2 files (.211 and other file)to SD card in the cache
-Use root keeper to keep root
-Rom manager selected the 4.04
-It installed by itself in 5 mins and rebooted and I had 4.04 on my device
-Rerooted my device using root keeper

Now I have 4.04 on my device within 5 min!!!!!!

Got to 181, did not install with ROM Mgr, so I used local recovery. Didn't wipe the first time and it failed to load/bootlooped. I then was able to get into AP menu / recovery again, wiped, tried again. SUCCESS.

Root didn't work, so used the "root any 4.04, and that worked first time. Protected root. I am the ice cream man now! Wahoo.

When I ran into trouble, I felt not ONE bit of dread or doubt. I knew thou are with me! So I just started over, sort of, and now here I am.

Thanks to all who made this possible, failed and told about it, succeeded and told about it, and the support of the community. This is pretty cool.

Proud father of a US Marine

#382 Ayeezy

Ayeezy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Wow, I'm starting to regret flashing to this from .209. My motion detector was bugged back on .206 and would never trigger the Battery Extender smart action. I was able to resolve it by upgrading to .209 but now the bug has reared its ugly head again in .211. Has anyone ever encountered a problem with Motion Detector not working with smart actions?

Nevermind. A data/cache wipe looks to have fixed it.

#383 jackholl92

jackholl92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Can anyone tell me if you can downgrade from .211?

I got the Soak invite lol just after upgrade through cheesecake

#384 Tekz08

Tekz08

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

If you are coming from stock .181 try the Rom Manager method using ES file mamager. Might be alot easier for you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Could you outline how to do this? Just picked up a Razr Maxx today and want the latest and greatest.

#385 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Can anyone tell me if you can downgrade from .211?

I got the Soak invite lol just after upgrade through cheesecake

to another leak i believe just use the zip and follow the process. Can't go back to GB.

#386 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Could you outline how to do this? Just picked up a Razr Maxx today and want the latest and greatest.

Well if your stock .181 you might wanna stay there i read in a few other threads a possible soak test may be starting? But if you must get on ICS right now? Try this link?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#387 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Well if your stock .181 you might wanna stay there i read in a few other threads a possible soak test may be starting? But if you must get on ICS right now? Try this link?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Not possible, but will be. emails are sent out after they have it scheduled. If memory serves me right, Moto tends to release soaks towards the end of the week as well so hopefully we will be having it very soon. If not, my wedding is this weekend and my honeymoon after that so I'll be forced to flash a leak before I go :P
  • mixerpilot likes this

#388 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Not possible, but will be. emails are sent out after they have it scheduled. If memory serves me right, Moto tends to release soaks towards the end of the week as well so hopefully we will be having it very soon. If not, my wedding is this weekend and my honeymoon after that so I'll be forced to flash a leak before I go

+1 and congrats!

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#389 jackholl92

jackholl92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

I upgraded to .211 yesterday then got the invite to soak today and used your 1.6 utility to try and downgrade obviously it didn't work I can get into ap fast boot and if I just turn it on it go to motor symbol but nothing after that.

#390 jackholl92

jackholl92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Any help would be appreciated please please

#391 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Any help would be appreciated please please

You cannot downgrade back to GB once you flash any leak beyond 6.12.79. No soak for you.

Sheesh, does anyone read anymore?

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#392 jackholl92

jackholl92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

You cannot downgrade back to GB once you flash any leak beyond 6.12.79. No soak for you.

Sheesh, does anyone read anymore?

yeaI figured that much but do you know how i grt my phone back on?

#393 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Just follow the same steps you would use to install .211 from a previous (post .79) leak. Put the .211 leak on your sdcard, fastboot .181, flash the .211 kernel, reboot into recovery, wipe cache and install from external sdcard.

If you don't have the .211 file on your sdcard already, you'll need another phone put a PC to get it there.

#394 habba

habba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

I upgraded to .211 yesterday then got the invite to soak today and used your 1.6 utility to try and downgrade obviously it didn't work I can get into ap fast boot and if I just turn it on it go to motor symbol but nothing after that.

Isnt the 211 you updted yesterday the same thing you would get in the soak?

#395 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Isnt the 211 you updted yesterday the same thing you would get in the soak?

so you know for sure 211 is the soak? Because nobody else knows what the soak will be

#396 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I am thinking that .211 is going to be the soak. I could be completely wrong, but here are my reasons:

1. There hasn't been any new leaks found since .211 and they were cranking them out pretty regularly for awhile.

2. There aren't really any issues with .211; its quite polished.

3. With the Bionic .905 soak (most recent soak that Motorola/Verizon have done), they had incremental leaks (.903-.905) and then the soak was .905. The leaked .905 was identical to the soak and OTA.

Again, these are just my opinions.
  • Poloki likes this

#397 jackholl92

jackholl92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

All good I just pulled my sd card out put update there fasctor wipe and install boom done

#398 DriveEuro

DriveEuro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

Has anyone found a easy way to switch between 3G and 4G? I know we can use phone info or type *#*#4636#*#* ..... Is there a working widget that someone knows about?
I don't have any nearby 4G at work and would prefer to turn off the 4G radio when I know it won't pick it up.

#399 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

OK, 14 hours on .211! Wahoo. Some observations.

FLASH works. Good. Native EMAIL app has a mind of its own - I'll let it be for a while and see what happens. Email on Yahoo is PUSH, versus check frequency. This could be a battery drain. I didn't notice if this happened on GB, as I thought I had it set up for checking every hour.

No 3g/4g fast switch. I'm using phone info, but no switch sucks. As a budding conspiracy person I'll say this is Motorizon's way of getting more money out of me. Or maybe I just haven't found the easy way yet. I'm counting on Nitro and his Eclipse ROM to fix this!

Seems smooth, fast and all - LOTS of crap ware, when compared to Eclipse. I'll start freezing stuff here in a bit after letting things settle for a day or two.

Coming from stock 181 was pretty easy as I said before - I'm not going to to try (at this point) going down a version. If it didn't take me 3 days to re-set-up all my screens, etc. then it might be fun to try though.

Proud father of a US Marine

#400 Poloki

Poloki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:jeffasaul
  • Google+:jeffasaul
  • LocationHackettstown, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

I am thinking that .211 is going to be the soak. I could be completely wrong, but here are my reasons:

1. There hasn't been any new leaks found since .211 and they were cranking them out pretty regularly for awhile.

2. There aren't really any issues with .211; its quite polished.

3. With the Bionic .905 soak (most recent soak that Motorola/Verizon have done), they had incremental leaks (.903-.905) and then the soak was .905. The leaked .905 was identical to the soak and OTA.

Again, these are just my opinions.

I hope this is the case, as I literally flashed 211 yesterday morning and got my soak invite 10 hours later. If only I waited a day

Question, if I don't (obviously) participate in this soak, will I still be on the list for the next soak (whenever that is?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users