133 replies to this topic

#41 dakota_96

dakota_96

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

I changed the OP a bit, and now I would start with 5. You need to change your Kernel.
Im still working on the radio portion of things, but for now people can flash .181 radio to use with .211. It's quite solid compared to .75/79.

X

I tried to downgrade the radio. After I flashed with the PsuedoICS utility, it booted the the android robot with the spinning cube. After that was completed, it booted into .211, but I no longer have 4G LTE. Just 3G

#42 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

Try this rendition of pSuedo Utility [

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

]

You can go between .79 and .181 Radio's.

I guess it will depend on your particular location on which radio does "you" better. You must have had crappy 4G with .181 then.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#43 cdfjr1975

cdfjr1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

How do you install and run the pseudoICS utility? Sorry for the complete noob question.

#44 10001110101

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

How do you install and run the pseudoICS utility? Sorry for the complete noob question.

It must be installed on a computer. Unzip it and make sure you know where it extracts to, then double click GB2ICS.bat and follow instructions!
  • cdfjr1975 and my2cents like this

#45 cdfjr1975

cdfjr1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

It must be installed on a computer. Unzip it and make sure you know where it extracts to, then double click GB2ICS.bat and follow instructions!

Thanks! I was missing the .bat file but downloaded it from a more recent post and it works great now.

#46 10001110101

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

Thanks for putting this together lightwaver! I am a recovering crackflasher coming from the Gnex camp. I thought I might be able to leave my Maxx stock, yeah no. Your step by step made it painless, albeit a bit tedious not being used to Safestrap. 4.0.4 flies!!

#47 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for putting this together lightwaver! I am a recovering crackflasher coming from the Gnex camp. I thought I might be able to leave my Maxx stock, yeah no. Your step by step made it painless, albeit a bit tedious not being used to Safestrap. 4.0.4 flies!!

Np

X

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads

#48 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

This is a really nifty idea, too bad I already passed the point-of-no-return by flashing .211 the permanent way. But its alright, I'm more than happy with ICS, I really don't foresee a need to go back to stock GB right now.

#49 bear263

bear263

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

If I'm already on .79, do I need to run the unstuckICS steps? Also, if I have bootstrap installed, do I need to remove it before installing or running safestrap?

And if so, is there an easy way to remove bootstrap? The old delete logwrapper file methods didn't work last toner I tried...

Unless I missed the answer, I'd like to know this as well. I have .79 and bootstrap.

#50 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Unless I missed the answer, I'd like to know this as well. I have .79 and bootstrap.

The beginning of the OP suggests wiping with RSD to eliminate these problems. I don't use bootstrap so I do not know how to remove it from the system besides RSD.

X

#51 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

could you include the exact full file names for each file in the OP? I've got 2 downloads going on the PC and 2 on the phone and want to make sure I have the right ones

Thanks!
maxx

#52 opus264

opus264

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

I am currently running KOA(CM9) on the safe side of .79 with safestrap 2.0

so I should, and correct me if i'm wrong, be able to wipe data/factory, wipe cache/Dalvik, switch off safe mode, uninstall safestrap, then take it from step 7- Run psuedoICS util?

Thanks

#53 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

could you include the exact full file names for each file in the OP? I've got 2 downloads going on the PC and 2 on the phone and want to make sure I have the right ones

Thanks!

Yes, I think that would a great idea. I'll work on that once the kids go to bed.

I am currently running KOA(CM9) on the safe side of .79 with safestrap 2.0

so I should, and correct me if i'm wrong, be able to wipe data/factory, wipe cache/Dalvik, switch off safe mode, uninstall safestrap, then take it from step 7- Run psuedoICS util?

Thanks

There are an array of ways to accomplish this. Uninstall Safestrap? Maybe, maybe not, I do know that if you update to the most recent Recovery, you will bork your SafeStrap. So with knowing that, I would suggest uninstalling it, updating kernel and recovery, and then reinstalling safestrap, or yes, run pSuedoICS from there. You are going to definitely want to make sure you have latest kernel at least before toggling over to a "safe system" otherwise your "safe system" won't have the latest kernel.

X

#54 opus264

opus264

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yes, I think that would a great idea. I'll work on that once the kids go to bed.

There are an array of ways to accomplish this. Uninstall Safestrap? Maybe, maybe not, I do know that if you update to the most recent Recovery, you will bork your SafeStrap. So with knowing that, I would suggest uninstalling it, updating kernel and recovery, and then reinstalling safestrap, or yes, run pSuedoICS from there. You are going to definitely want to make sure you have latest kernel at least before toggling over to a "safe system" otherwise your "safe system" won't have the latest kernel.

X

Thanks. I see what ur saying now. even though i won't be using the new ics recovery to flash .79 i still should have it. will try shortly

#55 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hey look, GB2ICS can run the Arctic Rom

57.56KB   23 downloads

#56 opus264

opus264

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

success!!! flashed The Arctic instead. taking it for a test drive now

#57 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks X!! I'm really glad i stayed on the .79 leak and fought the urge to move forward. Things are starting to look up for the RAZR now.

I downgraded my radio to .181 and immediately got better results in 1x-3g. I won't know about 4g till tom. at work. I did notice in settings on my phone and the screenshot you just posted, under baseband, it lists the cdma radio and not the lte?

#58 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Thanks X!! I'm really glad i stayed on the .79 leak and fought the urge to move forward. Things are starting to look up for the RAZR now.

I downgraded my radio to .181 and immediately got better results in 1x-3g. I won't know about 4g till tom. at work. I did notice in settings on my phone and the screenshot you just posted, under baseband, it lists the cdma radio and not the lte?

I'm using the 181 radio and we don't have 4G yet in Maine unless you are US Cellular

181 radio should pick up 4G though.

X

#59 opus264

opus264

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

I tried to downgrade the radio. After I flashed with the PsuedoICS utility, it booted the the android robot with the spinning cube. After that was completed, it booted into .211, but I no longer have 4G LTE. Just 3G

Same thing here...used psuedo2 to go back to .79 radio and... voila! 4GLTE.... maybe the giingerbread just man doesn't like ice cream :P

#60 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Wish I had found this thread earlier, lol. I just flashed .211 by one of the other methods. Everything seems to be working fine though. Where in Maine lightwaver? I am sitting in SoPo right now. I used to be US Cell but coverage issues forced me to change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users