30 replies to this topic

#21 kellogg

kellogg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

Great right up ....havent been on seen the 1st ics leak so to get this i can go from .75 ics to this 211ics shocked on how meaning leaks that has come out since the last time i was on? the last GB i was on was.173? Did a lil more reading, so would i have to fastboot back to my .173GB then upgrade to .181 to start this process? because i never did a GB .181 i did .75ics from .173GB?

#22 kellogg

kellogg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

1) THE INSTALLATION PROCESS WILL TAKE 10 MIN AND THEN IT WILL SAY INSTALLATION COMPLETE. AT THAT POINT YOU CAN NAVIGATE TO "REBOOT SYSTEM NOW" AND ENJOY ICS!!!!!!!

2) THE INSTALLATION PROCESS WILL TAKE A MINUTE OR TWO AND THEN GIVE A STATUS 7 ERROR MESSAGE

This is completely normal and nothing to worry about. Hold down both Power and BOTH Volume Buttons to shut down phone. go back to STEP 5-3 and repeat all steps. At this point you should get an install complete message and you can enjoy ICS :) (also its not too late to do step 5-1 if you skipped it :D)

EDIT: If you still get a status 7 error or get a status 0 error, repeat this process. It only took me 2 tries but some people report that it took them 4 or 5 tries. After 5 tries if it STILL doesn't work, hop into the chat room :) someone will fix you right up :D

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE. YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!

..................Great right up did everything like said..getting the status0 ERROR install abort at the end have tried 7times? NEED HELP? or any suggestions

Edited by spc_hicks09, 21 June 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#23 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Great tutorial!!! I followed it and got "Install from SDCARD COMPLETE" on the first try B)

Thanks again!!!

Edit:
Oh ya, your link to the utility to flash recovery worked fine, however the download link to the utility didn't work. I used the pseudoICS tool to do it instead from

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and it worked fine. Just FYI...
  • TheG0VERNAT0R likes this

#24 lucid

lucid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

what if even this method is not working for you

i have tried everything!!!!

#25 FaustusPHD

FaustusPHD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

Folowed the instructions exactly on my droid razr maxx, but now It bricked at the last install and i am not sure what to do. Can anyone help n=me pk=lease?

#26 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Try this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

!

..................Great right up did everything like said..getting the status0 ERROR install abort at the end have tried 7times? NEED HELP? or any suggestions

what if even this method is not working for you

i have tried everything!!!!

Folowed the instructions exactly on my droid razr maxx, but now It bricked at the last install and i am not sure what to do. Can anyone help n=me pk=lease?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#27 FaustusPHD

FaustusPHD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Need help please. Continue to get status 7 error when installing ics leak. 6 or 7 times. I am a nOOb so any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't even plug my phone back into the computer because it wonnt charge now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#28 Senator Palpatine

Senator Palpatine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

Thank you for this, used this in combination with the razr utility pinned thread. Very good and helpful.

#29 TheG0VERNAT0R

TheG0VERNAT0R

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912, Google Nexus 4

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hi everybody. I've had no problems downloading the leak or mattlgroff's utility. But when I try to download the ICS Recovery utility I get
404 Not Found

Is there an alternative location I can download this file. Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for the help. :-)

#30 evo1994

evo1994

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

How do you unzip the utility file?

#31 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

How do you unzip the utility file?

WinRAR or 7zip (google is your friend :lol: )

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, gingerbread, 181, 211, droid razr utility

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users