#1 PsyberEMT

PsyberEMT

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

So I decided to take the plunge and give the new Sywpe beta a try. All I can say is WOW. It is MUCH more responsive than the version included in the .211 leak or the previous beta I tried (about a month or so ago?). Dictation is also lightyears beyond the OEM version. Certainly worth a try. I do miss the color scheme of the GB version, but for the improved performance it's well worth it!

"No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced" -- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

#2 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

I'd love to try it, however I can't log in from my phone. I can log in from my desktop without a problem, just can't from my phone :/

#3 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Finally got it... apparently the username is case sensitive (retarded) and ironically enough, swype on my phone kept trying to capitalize a word in my email address

#4 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

It feels buttery compared to the old version. I miss the nav arrows from the leak version tho

#5 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

I assume you guys are using a custom ROM or did you nuke the built-in Swype first? I haven't tried it yet. Been too lazy to do it.

#6 PsyberEMT

PsyberEMT

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Uninstalled the old version with titanium. I have discovered one thing I don't like. When I hold down backspace, instead of going into word delete mode, it acts like a regular keyboard and just starts deleting letters quickly. I grew accustomed to the old behavior.

"No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced" -- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

#7 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

You can run the beta along side any existing version you may have. It installs a completely different version which is great if you end... up... not liking it. So far I have to say it is so much better than any previous version I have used. I do however also miss the word deletion feature. Wonder why of all things they got rid of that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#8 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

I went and downloaded the beta from swype's website, and I can't...swype! I love the keyboard features though, but for some reason I can't swype over the letters...0_o

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#9 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Are you sure you set Swype Beta as the default keyboard?

BTW: You should upgrade from 6.14.211 to the latest ICS and soon to be official OTA of 6.16.211. j/k :D

#10 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:laurasakura
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

once thing about the new beta is driving me crazy. Before, holding backspace would delete the current word then pause a bit before continuing to erase. The New beta doesn't (unless I missed a setting)

CDMA RAZR - running: .211 ICS
CDMA RAZR MAXX - Running Android 4.1.1 JB - CM10 Unofficial Alpha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Swype

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users