If you have been following the news lately you would have seen that Swype received some new Dragon Dictation and advanced language modeling, that may never make it's way to the RAZR. Due to the fact that the RAZR comes loaded with a custom version of Swype and is installed as a System App, we are unable to simply load the Swype Beta onto our RAZR's.
Lucky for all of us a member over at
*Proceed with caution. If you remove the wrong file, you could potentially soft brick your phone. And I’m not sure there are any files out there to bring you back from the dead for the RAZR.
1. Using Root Explorer – Change your default input method to anything other than Swype.
2. Mount file system as R/W
3. Delete (or move/rename) \system\app\swype.apk
4. Delete (or move/rename) \data\dalvik-cache\system@app@Swype.firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Delete (or move/rename) \system\lib\libSwypeCore.so
7. Download and Run the latest Swype Beta installer*Note – If you run into force closes after installing the beta, try removing Swype and the Swype Installer under Manage Apps, reboot and install the beta again.
You can head over to the XDA thread for full instructions and possible hints and tips that others have added.